Off-Season

Kotoni Staggs:

“I have prepared my body better this year and it’s time to get back to my best again. I am 94kg at the moment. I’ve put on a couple of kilos of muscle so I’m feeling stronger. It will be good to get my legs ticking over again in the trial. Last year didn’t go to plan, I only played four games after being out of the game for nine months with my knee reco, which was pretty tough, so hopefully I get a full season under my belt."​
“This year, I think the finals is a definite goal. The previous years that have happened - a wooden-spoon finish in 2020 followed by a 14th placing last season - it’s not good enough for the playing group or the club."​
“The Broncos are a massive club and they should always be competing for the top four and challenging for grand finals and premierships. We want to be playing finals this year and I want to make sure I’m a key part of getting us there.”​
“You watch the games and when the guys are going through a tough time with results, I hated just sitting there not being able to contribute. I didn’t want to go to some home games because I felt so bad letting everyone down, but this is my chance to repay the club this season.”​

Donuts:

“We are delighted to be welcoming BCF to the Broncos family – they are Australia’s biggest outdoor retailer and a proud Queensland business. The great outdoors is at the heart of the Queensland lifestyle, and BCF is a brand that we all know and love which is why we are so proud to be partnering with them going forward.”​

McHunt

Kotoni Staggs:

“I have prepared my body better this year and it’s time to get back to my best again. I am 94kg at the moment. I’ve put on a couple of kilos of muscle so I’m feeling stronger. It will be good to get my legs ticking over again in the trial. Last year didn’t go to plan, I only played four games after being out of the game for nine months with my knee reco, which was pretty tough, so hopefully I get a full season under my belt."​
“This year, I think the finals is a definite goal. The previous years that have happened - a wooden-spoon finish in 2020 followed by a 14th placing last season - it’s not good enough for the playing group or the club."​
“The Broncos are a massive club and they should always be competing for the top four and challenging for grand finals and premierships. We want to be playing finals this year and I want to make sure I’m a key part of getting us there.”​
“You watch the games and when the guys are going through a tough time with results, I hated just sitting there not being able to contribute. I didn’t want to go to some home games because I felt so bad letting everyone down, but this is my chance to repay the club this season.”​

Donuts:

“We are delighted to be welcoming BCF to the Broncos family – they are Australia’s biggest outdoor retailer and a proud Queensland business. The great outdoors is at the heart of the Queensland lifestyle, and BCF is a brand that we all know and love which is why we are so proud to be partnering with them going forward.”​

McHunt
BCF as a sponsor... are they a direct competitor with who signed on for the dolphins??

Heard two interesting bits of radio over the past 24 hours that highlight what seems to be a pretty significant change in the broncos’ approach to media relations from a few years ago to now.. the first was on Triple M’s ‘rush hour’ (aka ‘rush 25 minutes’ of actual content) where ‘Dobbo’ mentioned some gift packs & other things media had been given at a recent training session by Dave Donaghy.. that gesture was discussed on air for a good few minutes & really painted the club in a positive light..

Second snippet was this morning on Matty Johns’ ‘morning glory’ segment on SEN.. Denan Kemp was a guest & it was mentioned by Johns & Andrew Webster how difficult and contemptuous the Broncos were to deal with years ago (as in when Johns was doing sideline commentary for Nine) ..

Just another ringing endorsement for the current administration 👍

Heard two interesting bits of radio over the past 24 hours that highlight what seems to be a pretty significant change in the broncos’ approach to media relations from a few years ago to now.. the first was on Triple M’s ‘rush hour’ (aka ‘rush 25 minutes’ of actual content) where ‘Dobbo’ mentioned some gift packs & other things media had been given at a recent training session by Dave Donaghy.. that gesture was discussed on air for a good few minutes & really painted the club in a positive light..

Second snippet was this morning on Matty Johns’ ‘morning glory’ segment on SEN.. Denan Kemp was a guest & it was mentioned by Johns & Andrew Webster how difficult and contemptuous the Broncos were to deal with years ago (as in when Johns was doing sideline commentary for Nine) ..

Just another ringing endorsement for the current administration 👍

Brisbane media have always got gifts at the start of the year- normally a new jumper in a nice box.

Kurt Capewell:

“There has been a lot of hard work in the off-season so I’m looking forward to playing some footy,” he said. I got lucky. I had a pretty long holiday and it was extended because of Covid, but we’ve had a very good pre-season, the boys are so fit and strong, we will be ready to do some damage come round one. I’m not too sure how long I will play, but I will be pushing to have a bit of a blowout. I want to get some good minutes to blow the cobwebs out.”​
“The one thing I have learnt from Penrith is that the one percenters mean everything. That’s the key to building a premiership club and hopefully I can bring that attitude to the Broncos. I am looking forward to the challenge of moving to a new team and establishing myself as a leader at the Broncos and teaching some of the younger boys the stuff I have picked up along the way. I will bring the one percenters, stuff like making my tackles and leading the kick chase, and that’s why ‘Kevvie’ got me here.”​

Kevvie:
“Kurt Capewell has already been huge in defence for us in pre-season. It’s just the standards he brings and his experience ... his presence in defence has been infectious for the group. We have to improve our defence, absolutely, and we’ve done a lot of work in pre-season on it. We improved at the back end of last season, but our defence has to be better again for us to play finals."​
“If you look at the NRL grand final last year, Souths had a lot of opportunities to score, but Penrith through pure determination and will to win, they stopped the try or stopped the line break. Kurt was a big part of Penrith’s success. He knows how to handle pressure week in, week out ... he will certainly help us get better in that defensive space.”​

McHunt

Kurt Capewell:

“There has been a lot of hard work in the off-season so I’m looking forward to playing some footy,” he said. I got lucky. I had a pretty long holiday and it was extended because of Covid, but we’ve had a very good pre-season, the boys are so fit and strong, we will be ready to do some damage come round one. I’m not too sure how long I will play, but I will be pushing to have a bit of a blowout. I want to get some good minutes to blow the cobwebs out.”​
“The one thing I have learnt from Penrith is that the one percenters mean everything. That’s the key to building a premiership club and hopefully I can bring that attitude to the Broncos. I am looking forward to the challenge of moving to a new team and establishing myself as a leader at the Broncos and teaching some of the younger boys the stuff I have picked up along the way. I will bring the one percenters, stuff like making my tackles and leading the kick chase, and that’s why ‘Kevvie’ got me here.”​

Kevvie:
“Kurt Capewell has already been huge in defence for us in pre-season. It’s just the standards he brings and his experience ... his presence in defence has been infectious for the group. We have to improve our defence, absolutely, and we’ve done a lot of work in pre-season on it. We improved at the back end of last season, but our defence has to be better again for us to play finals."​
“If you look at the NRL grand final last year, Souths had a lot of opportunities to score, but Penrith through pure determination and will to win, they stopped the try or stopped the line break. Kurt was a big part of Penrith’s success. He knows how to handle pressure week in, week out ... he will certainly help us get better in that defensive space.”​

McHunt
Is it just me or do the players all seem to be highly media trained at the club lately? I feel like each player has a topic that they seem to revert all questions back to.

It’s hard for me to articulate but it feels like each player has been asked to come up with or been advised to focus on one particular topic and to revert back to that message in interviews. All players have a slightly different take but each player seems to reenforce their individual talking points each time.

it’s all footy cliches as usual but the broncos boys seem to have a particular angle each.
Maybe it’s just me

Is it just me or do the players all seem to be highly media trained at the club lately? I feel like each player has a topic that they seem to revert all questions back to.

It’s hard for me to articulate but it feels like each player has been asked to come up with or been advised to focus on one particular topic and to revert back to that message in interviews. All players have a slightly different take but each player seems to reenforce their individual talking points each time.

it’s all footy cliches as usual but the broncos boys seem to have a particular angle each.
Maybe it’s just me
Yes. They've been given talking points. Kurt brings the one percenters.

Maybe it’s just me
Full credit to the boys.

Unread

Active Now

• kman
  • Porthoz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.