Off-Season

Why are you speaking so much sense?? As a guy called "Broncos fan" you don't in any way have the vocab to match it... You should ONLY speak in:

1. Anti media bias talk
2. Constant conspiracy theories about how the Broncos have a raw deal from "sYdNeY"
I do plenty of that.... **** the NSWRL!!

I honestly dont care all that much anymore... The NRL is an absolute clusterfuck of a competition.

If Payne wants to **** off to Bondi then he'll go and we'll have $1m a season to spend again.

The entire league fanbase will blow up if Uncle Nick and the rorters are able to sign the best prop in the game, especially now that it's known he'll be near enough to $1m a season by the end of his contract... so they can waste their time yelling into the abyss that is NRL headquarters.

Rorters are gonna continue to cheat until Uncle Nick is pushing up daisies... everyone knows it but who can be fucked arguing the point anymore.

I only want to see the players that actually want to be here from now on and the team putting in and being competitive
If Payne was to leave it would be a big loss but i see a bright future in both Willison and Te Kura from the weekend.
TC can make a transition to the front row, Carrigan and Flegler haven't hit their peak yet.
Then you've got players like the 2 blokes from the Weekend Amey (with the beard) and Ben last name sounds fijian who are budget options who would kill for a contract and would go another level if they could quit their day jobs.

Patty:

“Our forward pack can be really good. We’ve probably had our tyres pumped up by different people in terms of potential. It’s all good having potential but if you don’t turn it into performances, then you don’t want to be that person. We’ve added a few guys, a bit of experience. Riki is a year older, I’m a year older, Payne’s a year older so … it’s about the team growing and trying to perform on a Friday, Saturday night rather than just getting talked about."​
"I’m good to go. Probably a little 20-minute stint this weekend, just get the feel of it again, and then a bit more against the Cowboys and then Round 1 ready to go. I’ve been lucky and really sweet all pre-season. Darius Boyd got me for a chat because he had a pretty horrific Achilles injury. He just said set yourself little goals and you want to come back bigger and better and see what you can do. I’ve taken that approach hopefully all the way to Saturday night and getting back out there.”​

Payne Haas:

“It’s been good for Kevvie to have that little headache with all the forwards. We’ve got Ryan James in this year and he’s been training well and played well in the All Stars. We’ve got TC Robati pushing for a spot in the second row so everyone is on their toes. These next two trials will find out who’s playing in Round 1.”​

McHunt

I live in NSW and most my mates down here are obviously NSWmen
7388461243e88d7baf8cbfed78ef9c8e

If Payne was to leave it would be a big loss but i see a bright future in both Willison and Te Kura from the weekend.
TC can make a transition to the front row, Carrigan and Flegler haven't hit their peak yet.
Then you've got players like the 2 blokes from the Weekend Amey (with the beard) and Ben last name sounds fijian who are budget options who would kill for a contract and would go another level if they could quit their day jobs.
By the time Haas’ contract is up, Patty will be 27 and Flegler will be 25, Hetherington will be 26 Riki will be 25.

and if he leaves we’ll have $1m to redistribute.

I really hope he stays but I’m more worried about our Reynolds succession plan than our Haas plan.

By the time Haas’ contract is up, Patty will be 27 and Flegler will be 25, Hetherington will be 26 Riki will be 25.

and if he leaves we’ll have $1m to redistribute.

I really hope he stays but I’m more worried about our Reynolds succession plan than our Haas plan.
Definitely this. Haas is a once in a generation talent, but forwards on the whole are easier to find or at least spread out a few good ones. Halves are near impossible to find.

Reynolds will be our first out and out reliable game manager since... Lockyer? Hopefully he loves Brisbane and we can keep him on the coaching staff.

It almost feels like it’s always broncos players that leave; D.Fifita, Hunt (when he was in his prime), Coates etc.
I get it, it’s a business and it’s part of footy but it annoys me our players seem to be targeted more then any other club in the league.
Look at Ponga, all the noise is the dolphins will chuck the cheque book at him, but his dad (manager) comes out and says KP is more then happy at the knights and that Joey coming to the club makes it even more attractive for him.
It is very rare a broncos player comes out and says he love the club and won’t be leaving.
Im not sure if anyone else caught Vossy on the weekend (when commentating the all stars game) talking Mariner up massively after the Broncos trial, he also threw Ezra’s name in there as massive young guns coming through. Not to mention he kept going on about Cobbo.
It really does seem that no other club has decent juniors coming through, but when the likes of Tyrell Sloan is off-contract there pretty much isn’t an article written about him, so the Dragons are able to sign him to no fan fare.
Its already started with Cobbo. The bloke isn’t even able to talk to clubs until November yet there’s been 100 articles written about him and how he may leave the club at the end of his contract.

All the Brisbane league writers are at every Broncos' session. Kent etc are not at every team every session- they couldn't be even if they wanted to be.

The Brisbane journalists go to training, young player trains at hooker and goes alright.

Slink up to Ikin- who's that? Kid from Norths that trains with us two times a week on a development deal. Probably get a trial game then go back to MM until June.

Story written.

Sydney league writers don't get that on a daily basis.

The PR department has really stepped things up in this administration. another impressive ad campaign

people keep whinging about us being a one team town ... so they've decided to step into it

Want them to stay? Win games.
This is certainly the key.
The playing group as a whole really do need to stand up this year and follow Payne, Reynolds, Capewell & Staggs.
A winning culture should help Payne stick around. And if we are a top 4 team and Payne still decides to leave, then I wouldn’t be as devastated.
DD & Ikin really need to ensure the direction in which we are heading does lead to year on year progression and early days are looking good.

The PR department has really stepped things up in this administration. another impressive ad campaign

people keep whinging about us being a one team town ... so they've decided to step into it
Errrr what? This is a serious fail. Dolphins join in 1 more year.

I’m also taking it as a sly dig at the Phins. This is our town you’re about to step into.

Active Now

• Locky's Left Boot
  • Robboi_321
  • Bucking Beads
  • theshed
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Lurker
  • Culhwch
  • Jazza
  • ettybay
  • Dexter
  • matthewransom34@ic
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.