Off-Season

Not sure why people are still confused by this but Patty is the 13

FLNqeNnacAMoxRW

Keenan Palasia:

“I turned 25 last month and I feel 45 some days. I’ve had three knee surgeries and MCL, PCL, ankle and hand injuries, all before I was 24. I did think about giving it away after I did my knee for a third time in 2019, but I couldn’t bring myself to stop playing, so I gave myself no choice but to play on."

“I’d be lying if I said it wasn’t hard and that I thought, ‘Maybe I won’t make it to the NRL’. It was pretty tough going through my knee recos, but it taught me that I have a good support base behind me, especially at a club like the Broncos where they have the facilities to help me get back to where I was before I got injured.”

“Anyone who says they don’t want to start for their club would be lying. I have spoken to ‘Kevvie’ and every session he is pushing me to challenge for that starting spot alongside Payne and Patty. With the team we have here, I think I can come off the bench and fill in around the middle (front row) or the edge (second row), but personally I like playing in the middle. I did some extra rehab on my shoulder in the off-season just to make sure I was ready for the pre-season. I have done some contact leading into this game so I’m good to go.”

“Ezra and Brendan Piakura are the two special guys here. Brendan is still only 19 and Ezra is going to debut soon ... he is a freak of a talent.”

McHunt
I thought he impressed in the 2nd half of the year. He had at a game or two where he made 150+m. I don't think he's a starter yet, but he should be pushing for a spot in the top 17, I'd certainly have him ahead of Kennedy.

I thought he impressed in the 2nd half of the year. He had at a game or two where he made 150+m. I don't think he's a starter yet, but he should be pushing for a spot in the top 17, I'd certainly have him ahead of Kennedy.

Yeah he came on well but wasn’t he still missing a bucket load of tackles?

Spoiler alert. Look away now if you don't want to see the future front row. Could we have a smokey for hooker? The beanstalk, that would be Benjamin te Kura.

FLPKw5KagAIHBEw

FLPDsmGaQAEUzan

Angles and perspective are everything in photos…

Haas looks like a mini-me version of himself in the second snap 🤣🤣
He has a good 3 inches on Payne.

Here's what Andrew Dawson said about him in his top 60 schoolboys ranking (league and union). Came in at 9 (Mozer 6, Mariner 1):

"We told you first about T C Robati (2019) and Xavier Willison (2020) - both of whom made their debuts for the Brisbane Broncos this season. And now we are telling you about this towering 202cm tall edge backrower who has also been secured by the Broncos. Te Kura is one of the hottest schoolboy talents around and like Willison, once he grows into his body, look out."

Spoiler alert. Look away now if you don't want to see the future front row. Could we have a smokey for hooker? The beanstalk, that would be Benjamin te Kura.

View attachment 16762

View attachment 16763

I spent whole games the last two years marvelling at how Willison and Te Kura make tackles somehow they do. It's an interesting study because normally good defenders are short stocky and drive up- they don't have good footwork for defence they're just both big levers and massive steps- it's like trying to run around a giraffe- guys in MM, ALF and Colts just couldn't do it.

I spent whole games the last two years marvelling at how Willison and Te Kura make tackles somehow they do. It's an interesting study because normally good defenders are short stocky and drive up- they don't have good footwork for defence they're just both big levers and massive steps- it's like trying to run around a giraffe- guys in MM, ALF and Colts just couldn't do it.
I kinda, sorta get your main drift here or maybe I don’t. You’re normally way more cohesive than this matey. I’m sure there is a point in there somewhere I’m just perhaps too dumb to grasp what you’re saying.

I kinda, sorta get your main drift here or maybe I don’t. You’re normally way more cohesive than this matey. I’m sure there is a point in there somewhere I’m just perhaps too dumb to grasp what you’re saying.

In response to the picture showing their height, I just reinforced that they don't look like what you would normally associate good defenders to look like but somehow they do defend well - despite being really tall and having poor footwork they compensate into the tackle with their arms and giant steps.

Selwyn Cobbo:

“That achievement, becoming school captain, did a lot for me as a person. I actually went for the sports captain, but everyone said I should put my hand up to be school captain. They said I had the ability and the leadership to do it, so I applied and I got it. It was a huge shock for me. I didn’t think I was good enough for that position, but I feel that role helped prepare me for life after school."

“I think sometimes Indigenous kids lack confidence or might feel some shame to go for things, but I’m trying to make a change for Aboriginal people. When I left the school, the next school captain was Aboriginal and this year just gone, another Aboriginal kid was school captain. That means a lot to me. I feel proud that I have been able to make a small change and now that I’m playing NRL, I want to be a good role model for Indigenous kids.”

“I’m very proud of my culture and where I come from. It’s a big part of me and who I am. I am very proud to represent my people. I can’t really believe I’m in this Indigenous All Stars camp. I never thought I would be here so soon. I look around at training and I see blokes like Josh Addo-Carr and Andrew Fifita who have won premierships and done it all in the game. It’s the biggest game of my career so far. I’m pretty stoked, but also very grateful.”

“I loved Greg Inglis growing up. I loved the way he played, he was just so fast and strong. He had incredible power and I always remember his left fend. He was just unstoppable. I would watch ‘GI’ and hope I could do what he did one day. I had that mindset where if I just believed in myself, maybe I can do it one day. I’ve actually never met Greg. I would love to meet him one day, it would be a dream come true to shake hands with Greg Inglis.”

“I would love to follow in the path of Latrell and do the things that he does for communities and Indigenous people,” he said. “He does a lot for our people, he is passionate for his people, and I would love to be like that at the Broncos. I played against him in my third NRL game. After the game, Latrell came up to me and it was pretty cool. He had a word to me. He said, ‘Congrats on your debut, keep working hard and do yourself and your family proud’. I actually feel honoured to be compared to a guy like Latrell. In saying that, I’m nowhere near as good as him. I’m determined to not let all that talk go to my head. I just let those words flow through my ears, I don’t take much of that in.”

"My family has kept me grounded. It’s all happened pretty quickly for me at the Broncos, but I have a long way to go. It just comes down to whether you really want to succeed or not and whether you are prepared to make the sacrifices. I’m prepared to make the sacrifices.”

"My father's advice was: “There are a lot of cocky, big-noting fellas out there. Don’t be like those fellas. Just be yourself."

Adam Reynolds:

“Selwyn is an athlete. He makes hard things look easy and at times it doesn’t look like he is trying, which shows how good he is. Selwyn just makes the game flow and there’s only a handful of players who can do that. I’ve met him at training and in the chats we’ve had he is humble, keen and willing to learn which is great.”

McHunt

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • RolledOates
  • Wolfie
  • Redfern_1980
  • Cavalo
  • winslow_wong
  • Xzei
  • Dash
  • Old Mate
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Hurrijo
  • john1420
  • FACTHUNT
  • mrslong
  • broncos4life
  • Big Del
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Skyblues87
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.