Off-Season

I have a powerful curiosity to see what would happen if our back 3 were:

1. Cobbo
2. Oates
5. Pereira

Our kick return sets would be within the opposition half before a forward even touches the ball.

… or we’d lead the league for dropped bombs
Throw Herbie in the mix from centre as well as he did last year
I'd be nice if there's some competion between the wingers like dell and lote back in the day

I have a powerful curiosity to see what would happen if our back 3 were:

1. Cobbo
2. Oates
5. Pereira

Our kick return sets would be within the opposition half before a forward even touches the ball.

… or we’d lead the league for dropped bombs
Mate **** it… if it Goes well we won’t ever look back. The success that could bring would be instrumental, the downfall could be pretty bad but at the same time we just revert back to the pereira, Niu, Cobbo proposal we are/ were at 4 days ago.

Lucky Milford wasn’t there.
Frustrated World Cup GIF

Wayne Bennett is still inside Adam Reynolds' head:

“He’s a great mentor, great friend. I’ve got a great relationship with him. And we still keep in touch regularly. Obviously he gives me a lot of feedback and I respect his opinions, and he’s done a lot for me. He knows my game, he knows the game, the media, he knows everything inside out, especially at the Broncos and in Brisbane. So it’s always good to have someone in your corner who always gives me a bit of feedback."​
“Wayne told me not to get caught up in all the hype. There’s a lot of outside noise and outside expectations that you know come with that responsibility, but his advice was just to stay focused and do what’s important. That’s obviously working on myself and working on my teammates and my team, and making sure we get the best outcome possible for the club. I’m getting a feel for what it’s like to be in a one-team town. Souths was a huge club, but there were other teams to focus on in Sydney. Right now in Brisbane, it’s the Broncos. You don’t want to get caught up in the hype. As people we can tend to look sideways and get distracted, but the moment we do that we end up in a hole."​
“For me, it’s about staying focused and staying relevant ... relevant to what’s important and what really matters, and that’s the opinions of our coaches or teammates. I have to say that it’s a bit strange to see your face up on the billboards about the city. The feeling I get is the city are all behind us and it’s a good feeling. I’m so lucky that I’m still living out my dream.”​
“It’s always good to get out of the comfort zone and learn about what it’s like to be on the other side of the media. I can’t control what other people think or their expectations of me,” Reynolds said. “I can only control what’s in front of me and what I have to do, as a player and as a person. My job is pretty simple: to turn up and try and get the best out of myself and my teammates, and, if I do that, it should be a pretty successful year for us.”​

McHunt

This is a worry for me. Wayne is semi coaching our captain. I wonder if he’s giving Adam any dud advice on who some of his potential teammates ”should” be.

This is a worry for me. Wayne is semi coaching our captain. I wonder if he’s giving Adam any dud advice on who some of his potential teammates ”should” be.
I don’t think so. It’s well known that half the players he has coached keep in touch with him and ask his advice.
‘I don’t think he’d go down that path.

Wayne wouldn't be so respected amongst players if he gave shit advice.

It doesn't concern me one bit, plenty of people have work mentors, so to speak, outside of their direct workplace.

This is entirely different to contacting the money bags of another club you have no affiliation with - here’s looking at you Tevita.

I don’t think Wayne is qualified to give him coaching advice anymore, unless he has been watching him train. Sure give him advice on anything else you want, but Reynolds has said he has been getting advice on his game and specifically the club. ie coaches and players.

I have no doubt a lot of Wayne’s advice amounts to the nuances of the club and the people working or playing for it, and his own personal opinion of them.

Jamayne Isaako:

“I absolutely see myself as a fullback. I enjoy playing in the No.1 jumper and it’s a position I think I can succeed in. The door is open again with Tesi injured. In pre-season it’s been a hectic battle for the No.1 jumper, it’s always tough when you aren’t given the first opportunity. But I am always up for the challenge for any position in the team and in pre-season I have worked my backside off to pass on experience to the younger blokes. I’m looking forward to the season ahead. I will help out wherever I can. There is an opportunity with Tesi injured and it could come down to me, ‘Meady’ or even Selwyn Cobbo."

“I have worked really hard with people outside of football helping me to trust in myself and believe in myself. A lot of guys have ability at this level, but it’s the confidence side of things that can bring you down. I feel like I am forgotten sometimes, but I don’t worry too much about it because I have my faith and I believe everything happens for a reason. I will be trying my hardest to get that spot for round one and I’m confident I can do the job for Kevvie. There’s three or four of us in pre-season who have been jostling for that fullback spot, but ultimately it’s up to Kevvie and he has a tough choice to make.”

“The opportunity came up out of the blue. We had just finished an army camp and my manager contacted me and said the Dolphins were keen. At the time they were offering me a really good deal. I have two young kids now and I am doing my best to provide for them and give them a better future. I’ve been in and out of the Broncos team, so I think the security of the long-term contract from the Dolphins was too good to refuse. I’ve also played under Wayne Bennett before, he was the guy who gave me my start in the NRL, so I’m looking forward to being coached by him again.”

McHunt

here's an angle they can run with: isaako hates cobbo as he called him by his full name rather than a nickname.

A story shared by Clarkeys Rugby League column about our very own Selwyn.

Whilst travelling back to Brisbane after the NRL All Stars game, Selwyn Cobbo was recognised by young fans.
Their experience with Cobbo was so positive that their family emailed Broncos CEO, Dave Donaghy, to share their appreciation.
“One of my son’s couldn’t resist and asked him to sign our Indigenous jerseys and Broncos hat.
“He was so polite talking to us and signing our merchandise, allowing us to take photos. He was brilliant.
“He also at the other end gave us his All Stars hat. His overall politeness and interaction with my young sons is an absolute credit to not just himself but the club,” the email read.
___

Screenshot 20220225 080232

Unread

Active Now

• Swordfish
  • Locky24
  • Mustafur
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.