Off-Season

here is the extended version of that interview

I loved it when he was asked about his niggle and he responds "I don't think i'm that bad, i just like taking the piss out of people. you can ask my team mates, it's not just the opposition team, it's literally everyone, it's Kevvie, yeah it's everybody. everybody i get the chance to"
lol he’s as mad as a cut snake.

What a stellar interview. Almost as fun as the day after Riki re-signed

here is the extended version of that interview

I loved it when he was asked about his niggle and he responds "I don't think i'm that bad, i just like taking the piss out of people. you can ask my team mates, it's not just the opposition team, it's literally everyone, it's Kevvie, yeah it's everybody. everybody i get the chance to"
He’s definitely a bit of a loveable bogan, but stupid he is not.

Very enjoyable watch and makes me enjoy having him at the club even more. Hope he makes a fist of it. You can see he is genuine in his love for the club and is willing to work hard.

Exactly what the club needs.

did it annoy anyone else when that reporter asked him why he stayed with us if he didn't know whether he would be 5/8 next year or not
It mostly annoyed me that they spent a third of the interview asking him about covid.

Haven't put much thought in to it, but my initial feelings for the side for Round 1 would be this, although as I'm writing it, I'm realising how difficult it is to fit our squad in to a top 17.

1. Tesi Niu
2. Corey Oates
3. Herbie Farnworth
4. Kotoni Staggs
5. Jordan Pereira
6. Albert Kelly
7. Adam Reynolds (c)
8. Pat Carrigan
9. Jake Turpin
10. Payne Haas
11. Kurt Capewell
12. Jordan Riki
13. Kobe Hetherington

14. Cory Paix
15. TC Robati
16. Ryan James
17. Thomas Flegler

Thoughts:

Fullback - Could very easily see Cobbo surpassing Niu in the pre-season if he has a few really good games, but think Walters will play it safe and give Niu the first crack, given how valiant he was over the last few months of our 2021 campaign.

Wing - Another tough spot to call. We saw at the back end of last season how important Oates is to our success, as long as he has a good pre-season and comes back at 100% fitness and confidence, has to get first crack on the left wing. Right wing is extremely tough, there's several options, but I think Pereira's metres of trouble will be invaluable alongside Oates, especially given that Niu & Staggs aren't known for their work rate. Underrated player imo. Cobbo is unlucky not to be there, but I think he'll benefit greatly from playing 80 minutes every week at Fullback in ISC, with the view of him replacing Niu down the line, potentially even during the 2022 season.

Centre - Bit of a no-brainer. Farnworth & Staggs are 2 of our most dangerous players, they'll certainly get first crack. Very interested to see what sort of shape Brenko Lee turns up in though, because he could certainly push Herbie for that left centre job this year.

Five-Eighth - Once again, 50/50 call. I'm leaning towards Albert Kelly. He's the more dangerous runner of the ball out of him and Gamble, and he's less predictable. When your halves partner is Adam Reynolds (Who is extremely reliable, but also predictable), it's important to have a bit of a wildcard in the halves with him. That's why him and Cody Walker complemented each other so well.

Halfback - O Captain! My Captain!

Prop - Carrigan certainly gets first crack at cementing that number 8 jersey as his own alongside Payne. Think Ryan James could very easily slot in there, but Pat gets the first go at it.

Hooker - I'm not a fan at all of Jake Turpin, but it makes sense to start the year with a reliable hooker. If he throws up a few dud performances to start the season, it'll be enter Cory Paix and/or Billy Walters.

Second-row - No brainers. Riki performed very well after coming back from his injury last year, was a dangerous weapon outside Gamble, can't wait to see what Reynolds can make him. If he underperforms, he'll have Robati & Piakura breathing down his neck.

Lock - I've been an outspoken proponent of the line of thought that Hetherington's performances were extremely overrated in 2021. I still think he deserves first crack, primarily due to the fact that there's not really any other options, short of Carrigan playing there (who IS NOT a lock), or someone like Robati.

Bench - Pretty much picks itself, Paix, Flegler & James will all 100% be there in Round 1. Robati is my current choice for the last spot, purely for his versatility to play in the middle and edge, but you could certainly mount an argument for Palasia, after his exceptional 2021, or possibly even Jensen, with the numbers he was putting up in ISC.

Haven't put much thought in to it, but my initial feelings for the side for Round 1 would be this, although as I'm writing it, I'm realising how difficult it is to fit our squad in to a top 17.

1. Tesi Niu
2. Corey Oates
3. Herbie Farnworth
4. Kotoni Staggs
5. Jordan Pereira
6. Albert Kelly
7. Adam Reynolds (c)
8. Pat Carrigan
9. Jake Turpin
10. Payne Haas
11. Kurt Capewell
12. Jordan Riki
13. Kobe Hetherington

14. Cory Paix
15. TC Robati
16. Ryan James
17. Thomas Flegler

Thoughts:

Fullback - Could very easily see Cobbo surpassing Niu in the pre-season if he has a few really good games, but think Walters will play it safe and give Niu the first crack, given how valiant he was over the last few months of our 2021 campaign.

Wing - Another tough spot to call. We saw at the back end of last season how important Oates is to our success, as long as he has a good pre-season and comes back at 100% fitness and confidence, has to get first crack on the left wing. Right wing is extremely tough, there's several options, but I think Pereira's metres of trouble will be invaluable alongside Oates, especially given that Niu & Staggs aren't known for their work rate. Underrated player imo. Cobbo is unlucky not to be there, but I think he'll benefit greatly from playing 80 minutes every week at Fullback in ISC, with the view of him replacing Niu down the line, potentially even during the 2022 season.

Centre - Bit of a no-brainer. Farnworth & Staggs are 2 of our most dangerous players, they'll certainly get first crack. Very interested to see what sort of shape Brenko Lee turns up in though, because he could certainly push Herbie for that left centre job this year.

Five-Eighth - Once again, 50/50 call. I'm leaning towards Albert Kelly. He's the more dangerous runner of the ball out of him and Gamble, and he's less predictable. When your halves partner is Adam Reynolds (Who is extremely reliable, but also predictable), it's important to have a bit of a wildcard in the halves with him. That's why him and Cody Walker complemented each other so well.

Prop - Carrigan certainly gets first crack at cementing that number 8 jersey as his own alongside Payne. Think Ryan James could very easily slot in there, but Pat gets the first go at it.

Hooker - I'm not a fan at all of Jake Turpin, but it makes sense to start the year with a reliable hooker. If he throws up a few dud performances to start the season, it'll be enter Cory Paix and/or Billy Walters.

Second-row - No brainers. Riki performed very well after coming back from his injury last year, was a dangerous weapon outside Gamble, can't wait to see what Reynolds can make him. If he underperforms, he'll have Robati & Piakura breathing down his neck.

Lock - I've been an outspoken proponent of the line of thought that Hetherington's performances were extremely overrated in 2021. I still think he deserves first crack, primarily due to the fact that there's not really any other options, short of Carrigan playing there (who IS NOT a lock), or someone like Robati.

Bench - Pretty much picks itself, Paix, Flegler & James will all 100% be there in Round 1. Robati is my current choice for the last spot, purely for his versatility to play in the middle and edge, but you could certainly mount an argument for Palasia, after his exceptional 2021, or possibly even Jensen, with the numbers he was putting up in ISC.
Hard to argue with any of this. I agree with your comments on Cobbo but gee it will be tempting to chuck him on the right wing to take advantage of his speed, leap, and kick returns.

1. Tesi Niu
2. Corey Oates
3. Herbie Farnworth
4. Kotoni Staggs
5. Jordan Pereira
6. Albert Kelly
7. Adam Reynolds (c)
8. Pat Carrigan
9. Jake Turpin
10. Payne Haas
11. Kurt Capewell
12. Jordan Riki
13. Kobe Hetherington

14. Cory Paix
15. TC Robati
16. Ryan James
17. Thomas Flegler

Thoughts:

1, 3, 5 and 6 and even the last bench spot are only question marks
Herbie definitely is in the team whether it be at centre or wing all depends on what the plan is with Brenko.
Kevvie could even shock everyone and go a left field option and put Herbie in the 1 and have Cobbo on the wing or in the centres and they swap throughout the game with the plan for Cobbo to go full time.
Nene could push for the wing spot also.
6 is 50/50 between Kelly and Gamble.. Gamble has it on form but on potentially being a good combo with Reynolds you'd go Kelly as he'd be similar to Walker.
The last bench spot you could go anyone out of Robati, Palasia, Piakura or Jensen.
Kev could throw another left field selection and put Gamble in the 13 with Kelly at 6 and have Kobe off the bench.

In case anyone missed Kevvie's first press conference of the pre-season, here it is:

there is also this:

Is that Tyrone Roberts ?? ... sorry did I miss something ?

097a4974

Has Nene McDonald been at training ? He is on a Train & Trial right

He hasn’t but that could be for a number of reasons as well as the fact it may have been false
He isn’t due back yet due to playing Q Cup which means he finished later in the season then the broncos players.

Active Now

• broncos4life
  • john1420
  • Sproj
  • Lozza
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Aldo
  • theshed
  • BroncosAlways
  • Xzei
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Manifesto
  • sooticus
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.