Off-Season

Wayne will 100% prefer Issako and will also get the best out of him as I believe he has more upside than Herbie.

A focused and firing Jamayne would be all Bennett needs to mould him into a fullback. He does have good experience with fullbacks (Boyd, Lockyer, Latrell)

Guarantee Issako signs with the dolphins.
I hope so for his sake because I doubt we offer him an extension. We have no need for another fringe first grade winger or a fullback that can barely keep his spot in qcup.

Not sure what your point is but great video none the less
My point is Herbie's 2021 highlights reel is a hogfest of dudded opportunities. In fairness it's not entirely Herbie's fault, but a great centre makes a beeline to support and puts them away. If he can't do that, he'd want to be racking up the solo tries.

To be honest, I don't really understand it. He's a slippery fucker, but it never seems to end up as a try.

My point is Herbie's 2021 highlights reel is a hogfest of dudded opportunities. In fairness it's not entirely Herbie's fault, but a great centre makes a beeline to support and puts them away. If he can't do that, he'd want to be racking up the solo tries.

To be honest, I don't really understand it. He's a slippery fucker, but it never seems to end up as a try.
It doesn’t end up as tries because he never gets the ball in a good spot near the line and all his breaks are from his own 20m line with no support. It’s not rocket science. It has worked out to long range tries when he’s just kicked it to the guys who do back up but are too far away because the guys who should be within passing distance aren’t in position to get it.

Plus with a team under pressure, and often losing; the right thing to do after a break in your own half is take the tackle rather than force the pass. It’s actually the smart thing to do unless it’s on the 5th. In theory your halves should capitalise on it with a try or repeat set.

It doesn’t end up as tries because he never gets the ball in a good spot near the line and all his breaks are from his own 20m line with no support. It’s not rocket science. It has worked out to long range tries when he’s just kicked it to the guys who do back up but are too far away because the guys who should be within passing distance aren’t in position to get it.

Plus with a team under pressure, and often losing; the right thing to do after a break in your own half is take the tackle rather than force the pass. It’s actually the smart thing to do unless it’s on the 5th. In theory your halves should capitalise on it with a try or repeat set.
Facts!
I have not seen Herbie get put through a gap or his second rower - Glenn go through a gap and draw in the fullback for a supporting centre.
Whereas Riki, Robati and even TPJ created opportunities for the centre.
Nearly every opportunity Herbie has had he has created himself.

Mozer and Mariner presented with their Australian School Boy jumpers. The team is a merit team this year so all the players got jumpers this week.

Attachments

• B7EA3855-D43E-4793-8C22-39DA0A42F4A3.jpeg
    B7EA3855-D43E-4793-8C22-39DA0A42F4A3.jpeg
    147.1 KB · Views: 164
I'm sorry, i'm not holding my fingers any longer ... anyone who doesn't rate Herbie is WRONG.

just look at this video ... speed, strength, footwork, big breaks, kicks (try assists), passes (try assists), offloads ... and all off this in a struggling team without even a semblance of play making or organisation

I'm sorry, i'm not holding my fingers any longer ... anyone who doesn't rate Herbie is WRONG.

just look at this video ... speed, strength, footwork, big breaks, kicks (try assists), passes (try assists), offloads ... and all off this in a struggling team without even a semblance of play making or organisation

He can goal kick too can't he?

Herbie Farnworth - 20 games, 3 tries, 11 line breaks, 7 try assists, 56 tackle busts, 145 running metres per game

Stephen Crichton - 27 games, 11 tries, 4 line breaks, 8 try assists, 66 tackle busts, 144 running metres per game

Tried to pick a comparable player, both 21 years old. Crichton has been touted as a future superstar and NSW representative.

These numbers tell me that Herbie is the more damaging player. So many Crichton tries came from Cleary/Luai kicks, and his other numbers are inflated by several games at Fullback. Most of what Herbie did was through sheer individual talent. Very excited to see what he can do with a real Halfback kicking for him.

Herbie Farnworth - 20 games, 3 tries, 11 line breaks, 7 try assists, 56 tackle busts, 145 running metres per game

Stephen Crichton - 27 games, 11 tries, 4 line breaks, 8 try assists, 66 tackle busts, 144 running metres per game

Tried to pick a comparable player, both 21 years old. Crichton has been touted as a future superstar and NSW representative.

These numbers tell me that Herbie is the more damaging player. So many Crichton tries came from Cleary/Luai kicks, and his other numbers are inflated by several games at Fullback. Most of what Herbie did was through sheer individual talent. Very excited to see what he can do with a real Halfback kicking for him.
Pretty equal stats in teams at opposite ends of the table. I wonder what Crichton's stats would look like playing for us the past two years.

McHunt blocked me because I kept calling him out on his Herbie bullshit, so I can only see everyone else disagreeing with him and not his undoubtedly ridiculous responses.

Looks like he’ll have near everyone blocked shortly.

Keep it up - Herbie is a gun. I can only assume he has personally slighted McHunt in some way for him to have such an axe to grind against him.

Let's not forget his fantastic defence either, Herbie consistently handles his opposite centre as well. Doesn't seem to matter who it is either. Big names like Ramien, Best, etc, Herbie makes it look easy.

He's easily the most well rounded back we have and a stud to boot. Maybe it's because he's more of a stud than Carrigan some people don't like him.....

Let's not forget his fantastic defence either, Herbie consistently handles his opposite centre as well. Doesn't seem to matter who it is either. Big names like Ramien, Best, etc, Herbie makes it look easy.

He's easily the most well rounded back we have and a stud to boot. Maybe it's because he's more of a stud than Carrigan some people don't like him.....
can't agree with that, not saying he's bad defensively but he definitely let tries in and made some bad decisions. but that is to be expected as he's still young, great young player but to call him a gun is off the mark imo

can't agree with that, not saying he's bad defensively but he definitely let tries in and made some bad decisions. but that is to be expected as he's still young, great young player but to call him a gun is off the mark imo
I love Herbie, one of my favourite players, but agree that he’s still a work in progress like you say.

Unlike some (not saying you), I also don’t expect players to come into first grade and be the complete package. Literally no one ever is.

He reminds me of a more skilled, faster Mick De Vere. What a player he will be in a few years if that comparison is right.

I love Herbie, one of my favourite players, but agree that he’s still a work in progress like you say.

Unlike some (not saying you), I also don’t expect players to come into first grade and be the complete package. Literally no one ever is.

He reminds me of a more skilled, faster Mick De Vere. What a player he will be in a few years if that comparison is right.
exactly, he's a great prospect and I hope he hangs around to see what the finished product is because he could be anything.
people are always going to have their favourites, it's just the way it is .

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Broncosgirl
  • Xzei
  • broncsgoat
  • Midean
  • Fozz
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Organix
  • Wolfie
  • eggstar10
  • Strop
  • Bish
  • KeithustEndaf
  • Cavalo
  • theshed
  • kman
  • Santa
  • Old Mate
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Broncorob
... and 19 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.