Off-Season

Poor Patty. Everyone's breaking his balls.
A259ec08 fdb9 4308 8ce8 9108dd39ff28 text

I think a lot of people are mis-interpreting this rule big time… it’s in the opposing teams 40 (where we would score) where if we were to give away a 6 again infringement it would result in a penalty carrying them up the other end. This is not the case when you are defending your line relentlessly and give one away as that would disadvantage the team who can play fast footy and fatigue defences as opposed to a tap or taking 2.

I think a lot of people are mis-interpreting this rule big time… it’s in the opposing teams 40 (where we would score) where if we were to give away a 6 again infringement it would result in a penalty carrying them up the other end. This is not the case when you are defending your line relentlessly and give one away as that would disadvantage the team who can play fast footy and fatigue defences as opposed to a tap or taking 2.

Pretty sure we understood. We all basically screamed for exactly this - so many six agains given to Brisbane when we were on our 20m line on the first tackle that should’ve just been a penalty to us to allow us to get upfield

Pretty sure we understood. We all basically screamed for exactly this - so many six agains given to Brisbane when we were on our 20m line on the first tackle that should’ve just been a penalty to us to allow us to get upfield
Should have been this from the beginning / interpreted that way.. Penalties were still an option, refs just don't fucking referee the game they're in and give commen sense a fair go

A couple of our squad featured.
View attachment 16661
There is deadset a consipracy in the NRL to always try to classify JAC as the fastest player.
Anyone who has been watching the last few years can see clear as day that he's lost at least a step of pace recently, but even before that, he was never even close to being as fast as people have always claimed.
I've watched him run down by other wingers, centres and last year even a second rower (can't remember which one) ran him down from behind.
He's obviously very quick but he's not even close to being the fastest player in the NRL anymore (if he ever was), yet they never stop pumping his tyres.

There is deadset a consipracy in the NRL to always try to classify JAC as the fastest player.
Anyone who has been watching the last few years can see clear as day that he's lost at least a step of pace recently, but even before that, he was never even close to being as fast as people have always claimed.
I've watched him run down by other wingers, centres and last year even a second rower (can't remember which one) ran him down from behind.
He's obviously very quick but he's not even close to being the fastest player in the NRL anymore (if he ever was), yet they never stop pumping his tyres.
I reckon they pump his tyres up mostly because he's got that social media presence.. guys like Saab and Hamiso seem the more quiet types.. same as they pump up guys like Brandon Smith and Munster.
Saab, Hamiso, Xavier Savage and probably Coates have it over JAC.
Herbie and Cobbo would be close too i reckon.

What I will watch with interest is his decline from “superstar winger” to “just another fast bloke” now he’s not at the Storm.

A bit like McLean, who’s reportedly looking at a $400k p/a haircut because he doesn’t have the players and systems around him to make him look far better than he actually is.

Broncos and Ex-Broncos dominate the All Stars and Indig squads. How good!

Current
Kelly
Staggs
James
Cobbo
TC

Former
DFifi
Bird
K Niko
J Niko

Broncos and Ex-Broncos dominate the All Stars and Indig squads. How good!

Current
Kelly
Staggs
James
Cobbo
TC

Former
DFifi
Bird
K Niko
J Niko
Good trial for Albert, Selwyn, Ryan and TC. Would prefer to keep Kotoni on ice.

Riki misses out. Could've played for either side. No Brenko either. That should tell you his ranking relative to Selwyn.

Good trial for Albert, Selwyn, Ryan and TC. Would prefer to keep Kotoni on ice.

Riki misses out. Could've played for either side. No Brenko either. That should tell you his ranking relative to Selwyn.
Thing about Staggs playing v not playing is we have some genuine depth now if anything does happen to staggs and he misses a couple games.

I also have this weird thought that because we have depth, nothing bad will happen. . Before when he was our only hope, he'd go down - why? Just because. Football gods or something.

Anyway, carry on

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • FACTHUNT
  • johnny plath
  • westy316
  • Xzei
  • Sproj
  • IceWorks
  • Matheos
  • KateBroncos1812
  • winslow_wong
  • Santa
  • Broncorob
  • Gaz
  • Tmac
  • TimWhatley
  • Bish
  • Behind enemy lines
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.