[OFFICIAL] Barba to Broncos

Just to make everyone get the point, play Maranta at fullback. Haha

Pretty sure Maranta played fullback for the Devils... It probably is his best position. Don't jinx us.

this is griffin RE hoffman. i sure hope this means barba will be chosen as FB...

Asked if he was confident Hoffman would see out his current deal, Griffin said: “Absolutely.

“Players from time to time in their career will go through tough patches.
“It is not going to be their cup of tea every day of the week but we are a football team.
“That is as clear as I can make it.”

Asked if he was concerned by the noises being made by Hoffman’s management, Griffin said: “I am not.

“No matter who it is, whether it is Josh Hoffman or Ben Barba or whoever, they are players in a team.
“They will play where it best suits the team at the time.
“That will be determined in a few months’ time.”

this is griffin RE hoffman. i sure hope this means barba will be chosen as FB...

Asked if he was confident Hoffman would see out his current deal, Griffin said: “Absolutely.

“Players from time to time in their career will go through tough patches.
“It is not going to be their cup of tea every day of the week but we are a football team.
“That is as clear as I can make it.”

Asked if he was concerned by the noises being made by Hoffman’s management, Griffin said: “I am not.

“No matter who it is, whether it is Josh Hoffman or Ben Barba or whoever, they are players in a team.
“They will play where it best suits the team at the time.
“That will be determined in a few months’ time.”

It doesn't necessarily mean Barba at FB, but it does mean that Griffin's not going to let an (alleged) tantrum decide.

Whoever's the best (as determined by pre-season training) will be in there.

Are we brave enough to say based purely on form Hoffman would actually be preferred?

Are we brave enough to say based purely on form Hoffman would actually be preferred?

I'm not.

I think once Barba has a couple of runs at fullback it'll become pretty clear he's our best option for that spot.

Barba is the better fullback and Hoffman is the better winger/centre. It shouldn't be difficult to figure out this mystery.

I do want to see Hoffman improve as a fullback though during the World Cup, to at least put pressure on Barba to perform.

I think Barba will be keen to impress anyway.

It's a whole new ball-game for him ..... new club in a new state....and a club he always wanted to play for.

I think we'll find out just how good Barba can be next season.

I just hope we devise/execute a gameplan, or play a style of football, that can help utilise his talents to their fullest :pray:

I think Barba will be keen to impress anyway.

It's a whole new ball-game for him ..... new club in a new state....and a club he always wanted to play for.

I think we'll find out just how good Barba can be next season.

I just hope we devise/execute a gameplan, or play a style of football, that can help utilise his talents to their fullest :pray:

Make him stick to Parker and Gillett like a puppy.

Personally i think it depends on how our halves look in 2014. if we sign Milford, there is no way Hoffman will play fullback. If we don't sign Milford for 2014, then i expect Barba to be trialed in the halves and see how he plays.

I have no problem with Barba being trialed in the halves, if he performs well there then great, if not he can revert to fullback and we can play a Strasser, Taylor or whoever else there (this assumes we miss out on Milford)

The fact is, Barba was way down on form this year, yet he still put in a number of decent performances. The Sydney media saying that he had a horror season form-wise are way off.

Obviously, he didn't get to Dally M heights again this year, but if he settles in well, gets his head space right and only has to concentrate on his football, I am hugely looking forward to his first season here.

The Broncos are doing the right thing by him at least ..... offering counselling and keeping in close contact to see if he's having any issues offield.

They can't really do much more to make sure his head is in the right place.

The fact is, Barba was way down on form this year, yet he still put in a number of decent performances. The Sydney media saying that he had a horror season form-wise are way off.

Obviously, he didn't get to Dally M heights again this year, but if he settles in well, gets his head space right and only has to concentrate on his football, I am hugely looking forward to his first season here.

Yeah man, not even 12 months ago Barba was the best player in the NRL.

If you told me we were signing Barba for 2014 then, I would have needed another pair of pants.

Then again, Jarryd Hayne hasn't really reached the heights of his 2009 season again.

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • Spoon
  • I bleed Maroon
  • FACTHUNT
  • Xzei
  • Broncosgirl
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Culhwch
  • ChewThePhatt
  • MrMoore
  • Midean
  • Lostboy
  • LittleDavey
  • winslow_wong
  • Sproj
  • Browny
  • Financeguy
  • Emanon
  • Manofoneway
... and 18 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.