[OFFICIAL] Barba to Broncos

if barba is interested and committed im confident he can get back to where he was in 2012, but its not a one man show. the whole team need to play well for him to feed off the forwards and halves.

Yeah, when you've got Graham, Kasiano, Tolman and Pritchard bending the line everytime, that's a pretty good base.

But he did that with Kris Keating and Josh Reynolds in the halves - neither of which are particularly notable/memorable/great 6/7

I'm confident that Barba can play at his 2012 level again as living in Brisbane he can now live with his family and doesn't have the worry of long-distance separation making his personal life a lot easier and happier. He has the backing and support from the club and it's good that counselling is being offered if needed (every player should get offered if needed IMO), and he is very excited about being a Bronco and seems keen to play.

GO BENNY

I'm confident that Barba can play at his 2012 level again as living in Brisbane he can now live with his family and doesn't have the worry of long-distance separation making his personal life a lot easier and happier. He has the backing and support from the club and it's good that counselling is being offered if needed (every player should get offered if needed IMO), and he is very excited about being a Bronco and seems keen to play.

GO BENNY

It's my biggest concern. 2012 was amazing...can he replicate it? 2009 was amazing....Hayne has never again replicated that (although he gets some sympathy given the team he's played for) Hayne at the Dogs for example would be great. I'm hopeful Barba can

It's my biggest concern. 2012 was amazing...can he replicate it? 2009 was amazing....Hayne has never again replicated that (although he gets some sympathy given the team he's played for) Hayne at the Dogs for example would be great. I'm hopeful Barba can

What could be more dangerous then a player with nothing to prove? One that does have something.

Yeah, when you've got Graham, Kasiano, Tolman and Pritchard bending the line everytime, that's a pretty good base.

But he did that with Kris Keating and Josh Reynolds in the halves - neither of which are particularly notable/memorable/great 6/7

WHAT? Have you not listened to Joey Johns? Josh Reynolds is one of the best five-eighths in the NRL! Remember, if Joey Johns says something, it must be true. :thumbup:

Says a lot if Josh Reynolds is one of the best five-eighths in the NRL, the standard has really dropped. Joey do yourself a favor and lay off the drugs.

Last edited:
There was definitely a time where Reynolds was right up there in terms of form but even by his own admission he's never been that talented.

In the NRL alone he's behind...

Johnathan Thurston
James Maloney
Kieran Foran
Jarrod Mullen
Todd Carney

and you could make an argument for Sutton and Widdop. Sezer will also be better and if the likes of Soward and Campo can reach top form then he'll be behind them too.

Reynolds is an absolute grub of a player...but I respect his approach to each game. Plays with a lot of confidence and really backs himself, it's amazing to see just how far that can take some players.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Steering the thread back to Barba, even if he doesn't reach 2012 form again, I believe he'll be an asset for the club. I don't think it could have got much worse for Benny last year and even then he had some really good moments.

Fingers crossed because it's been a long time since we've had a gamebreaker of his calibre.

I'm not saying his not a good player by any means Big Pete, I just don't see him in that class of 5/8th's that currently rate amongst the best atm.

I really like the competitiveness and attitude Josh Reynolds plays with but he has never struck me as a talented match-winning five-eighth.

I don't think Barba's form last year was anywhere near as bad as what the media has made it out to be. I had him in my Supercoach side, so watched him a little more closely than I would of. Apart from his first 3 or 4 games when he came back into the side, he always looked pretty dangerous to me. If our powderpuff of a forward pack can lay some sort of platform next year, he'll go alright.

I liked him more when Goddard put him in his place.

Last edited:
I think J Reynolds could be better than Maloney overall. Both are very similar in the sense they mostly offer ball running and support play and little else, but Reynolds is a far better defender and a more versatile player.

Just wanted to get my 2c in on the subject...er, go Barba!

Reynolds is was down in the pecking order when it comes to skills, but there aren't many tougher than him, or willing to throw every ounce of self-preservation out the door to compete for every single play.

Sounds to me like Hook is basically tossing up between Barba, Kahu, Hoffman, (Milford).

I guess we can rule out Strasser, Taylor, Cullen.

Active Now

• broncotville
  • NSW stables
  • winslow_wong
  • lynx000
  • barker
  • Midean
  • broncos4life
  • Sproj
  • Painin the Haas
  • Waynesaurus
  • Manifesto
  • Foordy
  • Tim K
  • theshed
  • Shane Tronc
  • ivanhungryjak
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.