[OFFICIAL] Barba to Broncos

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
You are drunk if you think Barba will be getting a million per year.

It wasn't me that said it, it was my source, and it appears they're already half right. Sadly, I think our friends over at The Kennel might have a point. I think this is as much about money as it is about family for Barba. The Broncos heirarchy are desperate to ditch this image of them being no longer the glamour club.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
It wasn't me that said it, it was my source, and it appears they're already half right. Sadly, I think our friends over at The Kennel might have a point. I think this is as much about money as it is about family for Barba. The Broncos heirarchy are desperate to ditch this image of them being no longer the glamour club.

Your source is wrong. Simple as that. Barba will get a 4 year deal worth about 2.4 million. Common sense will tell you he isn't getting 1 million a year. We couldn't afford, he isn't worth it and just no.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Your source is wrong. Simple as that. Barba will get a 4 year deal worth about 2.4 million. Common sense will tell you he isn't getting 1 million a year. We couldn't afford, he isn't worth it and just no.
Also in Barba's situation he isn't exactly in a strong position to negotiate 1 million per year, maybe if he was a rep player and off contract but he is only interested in moving to Brisbane or Gold Coast, with GC not having 1 mil under the cap anyway.

I think you're right, 600-700k per year is about what he'll get.

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013

I guess we'll find out soon enough.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011

So because your sauce guessed, sorry heard, it was 4 years it makes it the right amount? There would be know amount yet because there is no way a manager would agree to an amount before it was public. Why would he want to miss out on a bidding competition between us and the titans?

No offence mate but I would tell your sauce to stop treating you like an idiot. Don't worry if he gets offended by that cos sources with inside info are everywhere... Apparently

Last edited:
Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008

I'd be surprised if we were paying that much for an unsettled young player like Barba. I certainly think we can afford it though.

B

brodster_1

BRL Player
Jul 2, 2013
So because your sauce guessed, sorry heard, it was 4 years it makes it the right amount? There would be know amount yet because there is no way a manager would agree to an amount before it was public. Why would he want to miss out on a bidding competition between us and the titans?

No offence mate but I would tell your sauce to stop treating you like an idiot. Don't worry if he gets offended by that cos sources with inside info are everywhere... Apparently

I definitely agree with you, however you need to use the right the source/sauce. lol

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I'd be surprised if we were paying that much for an unsettled young player like Barba. I certainly think we can afford it though.

No chance. We've got a star studded forward pack, add the signing of Kennedy plus JYY who is on good coin but not playing. Add the likely signing of Milford. $1million is a lot of money for a player yet to play Origin or International football.

B

bb_gun

NRL Player
Contributor
Apr 23, 2013
I thought that someone mentioned a while ago that we were about 1 mil under the cap, so taking into account that we're losing Norman, a couple of extras (Lui, Anderson) and hopefully Wallace (should only have to pay out 50% of his salary) then even after signing Tasi and Kennedy we should have plenty of cap remaining to sign Milford and Barba.

Put it this way, if both Milford and Barba are released for next season and we don't sign them both, heads will roll.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
I thought that someone mentioned a while ago that we were about 1 mil under the cap, so taking into account that we're losing Norman, a couple of extras (Lui, Anderson) and hopefully Wallace (should only have to pay out 50% of his salary) then even after signing Tasi and Kennedy we should have plenty of cap remaining to sign Milford and Barba.

Put it this way, if both Milford and Barba are released for next season and we don't sign them both, heads will roll.

Take into account contract upgrades. I would assume Hoffman got a couple extra dollars when he re-signed.

Last edited:
Waynesaurus

Waynesaurus

NRL Captain
Jun 3, 2013
Hoffy can learn a lot from Beale, moving clubs doesn't necessarily mean you are going to get to play in the position you want, injuries happen, form comes and goes, things change pretty quickly and week to week. Fullback, wing or centre there is clearly a spot in the Broncs first team for him.

I would be pretty disappointed if he chose to leave the club but honestly I don't think the Broncos would let him go without a fight, I don't think they would even consider trading him for Barba either.

animal eater

animal eater

QCup Player
Jul 27, 2013
So the million dollar question is can Barba play 5/8? I think if he does have good enough kicking and passing skills then why the hell not? Between Hunt and Barba, you might have enough ball playing. Let Hoffman do what he does best which is defend and run his ass off. If they then snag Millford, then we can have the conversation of who goes where.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Barba will be fullback without a doubt. If Milford sits out the year next year Prince will be in the halves with Hunt.

Active Now

• Xzei
  • broncsgoat
  • winslow_wong
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Lostboy
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Bucking Beads
  • Harry Sack
  • Mustafur
  • Porthoz
  • Nerd
  • Cavalo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.