[OFFICIAL] Barba to Broncos

Browny

Browny

State of Origin Captain
Apr 9, 2008
Can someone go over to the kennel and pick up all the toys they've thrown out of the cot.

Far out how freakin childish

L

Loki522

BRL Player
Jun 10, 2013
Does anyone think Hoffman actually would leave to play FB at the Dogs?

Mister Wright

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
Jun 8, 2009
Yeah do be honest it's totally disgusting what they are writing. All this stuff about the dogs and their fans being changed is obviously complete garbage. I guess it's easy to look like model fans when you get want you want, but as soon as someone refuses them candy they act like ****ing toddlers

A bulldog never changes his spots.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Does anyone think Hoffman actually would leave to play FB at the Dogs?

I personally don't think he will leave. Of course he will be disappointed he won't be able to play his preferred position but he is mates with Barba and can be a better player on the wing/centre anyway. Reality for Josh is if he was playing that good at fullback last year we would most likely not be interested in Barba.

kingpest

kingpest

QCup Player
Apr 14, 2013
I can't see him leaving anytime soon. He is too close with all the boys and he just had his first child. Just hope he can come to terms with playing out wide rather than at the back. He's become a great asset to this team

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
No Cookies | The Courier-Mail

BRISBANE are prepared to pay compensation to the Bulldogs as part of a severance package that will deliver Ben Barba to the Broncos until the end of 2017.

The Sunday Mail can reveal the Broncos will table a four-year deal for Barba, who is awaiting a formal clearance from Canterbury hierarchy after his management requested a release a fortnight ago.

Des Hasler stands as the final impediment to Barba’s contract being rescinded, but it is understood the Bulldogs coach will not stop the Dally M Medallist joining the Broncos next season.

While Hasler was hopeful of securing a Plan B signing such as Israel Folau, Bulldogs sources said the coach will put Barba’s family needs ahead of the club’s recruitment pursuits.

Broncos boss Paul White and Canterbury counterpart Raelene Castle have had informal discussions about Barba. The Bulldogs have yet to formally ask for a transfer fee, but the Broncos expect that to occur and will duly compensate Canterbury for Barba’s early release.

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
You guys remember what my source said the deal would be a month or 2 ago? 4 year deal, 1.1 - 1.2 million dollars....Starting to fall into place.

Financeguy

Financeguy

NRL Player
Apr 24, 2013
This could be just my pessimistic attitude when it comes to our recruitment, but is anyone else worried that he will end up at the titans?

Lol, that thought had crossed my mind. Especially with all the Hoffman is an amazing fullback propaganda.

Surely we couldn't screw this up though.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
This could be just my pessimistic attitude when it comes to our recruitment, but is anyone else worried that he will end up at the titans?
No way, that's just his manager bring up the Titans so he can negotiate more dollars. Barba will be in Brisbane colours next year.

B

bb_gun

NRL Player
Contributor
Apr 23, 2013
You guys remember what my source said the deal would be a month or 2 ago? 4 year deal, 1.1 - 1.2 million dollars....Starting to fall into place.

I honestly think he's worth more than that, unless those figures are excluding 3rd party agreements. Any idea?

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
We're going to pay Barba 1.2m a year? Yeah.. no thanks.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
That seems a little excessive. Hoff isn't that bad. I think (based off nothing) that 700k-800k seems more likely.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Cavalo
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • BroncosAlways
  • Brocko
  • theshed
  • LGH
  • Aldo
  • Wolfie
  • Dash
  • Harry Sack
  • Howie
  • Porthoz
  • Waynesaurus
  • Bucking Beads
  • Johnny92
  • Xzei
  • phoenix
  • Hoof Hearted
  • BroncosFan_Corey
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.