[OFFICIAL] Barba to Broncos

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
Well....the Dogs do have an emotional, shall we say "flavour" amongst their fans. I think they were burning Melbourne Storm flags in the streets after last years GF loss.

A habit I guess brought in from the old country .......
Careful mate, I don't like where that's going...

Splinter

Splinter

NRL Player
Feb 16, 2013
lockyer

lockyer

BRL Player
Jul 31, 2013
think the kid looks sharp

SC20130731-021923-1-1_zps7e259c77.jpg

Mister Wright

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
Jun 8, 2009
Imagine if he comes back from injury and plays us in round 26 at suncorp haha if it was at ANZ there would be brawls

If Broncos do scrape into the 8 there's every chance we'll have to play the dogs first week of the finals at ANZ.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
so hasler is looking for a fullback replacement for barber, what if he poached hoffman and it become a direct swap? would you guys be happy to gain barbA at the expense of hoffman?

Last edited:
kingpest

kingpest

QCup Player
Apr 14, 2013
so hasler is looking for a fullback replacement for barber, what if he poached hoffman and it become a direct swap? would you guys be happy to gain barber at the expense of hoffman?

I dunno mate, a hairdresser for an international gun? I don't like it

vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010
Gee should offer them Maranta as a trade and film their reaction.

jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008
I'd be prepared to give the Bulldogs sweet **** all in return for Barba.

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
so hasler is looking for a fullback replacement for barber, what if he poached hoffman and it become a direct swap? would you guys be happy to gain barbA at the expense of hoffman?

I would be very dissapointed to lose Hoffman as he has been a gun this year. If we get Barba though it won't be a huge loss as Barba has got great attacking ability and is improving in defence and is more willing to put his body on the line.

ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 8, 2009
BRISBANE are prepared to pay compensation to the Bulldogs as part of a severance package that will deliver Ben Barba to the Broncos until the end of 2017.

The Sunday Mail can reveal the Broncos will table a four-year deal for Barba, who is awaiting a formal clearance from Canterbury hierarchy after his management requested a release a fortnight ago.

Des Hasler stands as the final impediment to Barba’s contract being rescinded, but it is understood the Bulldogs coach will not stop the Dally M Medallist joining the Broncos next season.

While Hasler was hopeful of securing a Plan B signing such as Israel Folau, Bulldogs sources said the coach will put Barba’s family needs ahead of the club’s recruitment pursuits.

Broncos boss Paul White and Canterbury counterpart Raelene Castle have had informal discussions about Barba. The Bulldogs have yet to formally ask for a transfer fee, but the Broncos expect that to occur and will duly compensate Canterbury for Barba’s early release.

No Cookies | The Courier-Mail

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
i just hope hoffman will take one for the team and play his heart out on the wing if barba joins. we'd be pretty deadly on the left hand side (barba to reed to hoffman). i just worry as quite a lot of ex broncos players left us with a desire and promise of playing fullback elsewhere.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
i just hope hoffman will take one for the team and play his heart out on the wing if barba joins. we'd be pretty deadly on the left hand side (barba to reed to hoffman). i just worry as quite a lot of ex broncos players left us with a desire and promise of playing fullback elsewhere.
And who are all those players?

Active Now

• Bish
  • BroncosAlways
  • Financeguy
  • Allo
  • Skyblues87
  • Skathen
  • Xzei
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.