[OFFICIAL] Barba to Broncos

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Being picky .....??? LOL

Inglis is on 800K FFS !!! Compare the two and that makes Barba worth maybe 550-600K tops !!

Unless we're now becoming the Brisbane Eels .....

How do you know what Inglis is on? I'm willing to beat my house that Inglis takes home more than $800K a year plus a boat.

Brett

Brett

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 27, 2013
Corey Norman signed for like 350k at the Eels. Mr. Fourex, you wanna then pay Ben Barba 400k? Fair suck of the sav man...

What's all this 700k talk anyway? Is there an article I've missed?

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
You have no idea what other fullbacks get or what the salary cap situation is like at the club. You've read a figure and the decided to bump off 50-100K.

What do other fullbacks get ....and what's the salary cap situation like at the club?

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
If the Broncos only offer 400k and Barba signs with the Titans, then Fourex will be the first one to bitch about Gee stuffing up our recruitment again.

Last edited:
broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Corey Norman signed for like 350k at the Eels. Mr. Fourex, you wanna then pay Ben Barba 400k? Fair suck of the sav man...

What's all this 700k talk anyway? Is there an article I've missed?

Mate Norman signed for 450k

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
I'm willing to sign for Barba for whatever he signs for, I don't think the club will pay anything insane. Is he worth 700k? Yes, he's easily worth it if he hits top form.

ozzball

ozzball

QCup Player
Mar 17, 2013
Have I been asleep ... Channel 10 news just described Barba as "Broncos bound" ... ???

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Have I been asleep ... Channel 10 news just described Barba as "Broncos bound" ... ???

It's a pretty loose term, it seems 100% that he won't be at the Dogs next year, and we're the most likely option in SEQLD.

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
Don't give a **** how much he earns with us, all I care about is how much of the cap he takes up.

coreyh88

coreyh88

NRL Player
Sep 24, 2012
If Thurston is 1 mil I'm fairly certain. Judging off that I'd definitely say Barba is worth 700k. Thing is I doubt titans could touch anywhere near that money. The players we have lost and the minor upgrades over the last few years in addition to the cap increases we could almost certainly. But we have the leverage on him (unless dodgy deals were made). He is a slightly unknown quantity with inconsistent form this year and his personal issues. I think it would be silly not to leverage the circumstances. But yes you're right. I don't know the financial position. I'm suggesting what I think he is worth as is almost everyone here. 1910 is the only person who might have an idea.

Crazy Sam

Crazy Sam

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
The cap is going up next year isn't it? If so I don't see the issue with $700k for a player. Hopefully as part of the salary cap review they will consider dispensation for clubs who have players with long-term injuries. Otherwise we aren't even using the full cap as it stands with Yow Yeh out indefinitely.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
If Thurston is 1 mil I'm fairly certain. Judging off that I'd definitely say Barba is worth 700k.

Yeah, I can't accept that.

How many years has JT been at the top of his game......how high are the pinnacles in Rugby league that's he's reached?

A lot higher than a 300K difference IMHO.

Unread

Active Now

• Brocko
  • Organix
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.