[Official] Broncos sign Darren Nicholls

At that age you would think we got him cheaply and with an offer of employment as a sweetener . He will likely play Intrust for the remainder of this year then if his efforts have been good he may get a late shot this year if we are out of contention or be amongst the likely candidates for 2015

To be fair, I think everyone is just really desperate for an actual half to partner Hunt that they would take anyone at this point, even if they don't know him.

Obviously but it isn't realistic and there is the very real possibility that it wouldn't be beneficial.

Patience.

I like the move from the club though. Clearly there wasn't anything happening in the interim and so they made something happen. Wish him well and hope it pays off.

Why are we assuming it's to replace Hoffman? Yes Hook could do it, replace the OTHER guy.

He has to be brought in now to play this season ..... why would we buy another half for next year when we have a few options already ??

It's still hard to believe how much the club has screwed up in prep for this year.

It's still hard to believe how much the club has screwed up in prep for this year.

To be fair though, we've been unlucky with injuries to players in key positions.

Namely halves.

Also big ups to [MENTION=8282]symbolsoup[/MENTION] for the run-down on Nicholls season thus far.

Very handy.

Obviously but it isn't realistic and there is the very real possibility that it wouldn't be beneficial.

Patience.

I like the move from the club though. Clearly there wasn't anything happening in the interim and so they made something happen. Wish him well and hope it pays off.
The question is whether Hoggman is more beneficial? I'm not sure he is, and while I don't advocate to put Darren (he certainly has the name going for him) in the team against the Tits, I wouldn't mind him being tried there during the rep season.

Not sure how Zach Strasser has gone but you'd think he would get a start before this guy?

That's the question isn't it Porthoz, can the Broncos do worse than Hoffman?

I believe there is a gap between what Hoffman brings to the table and absolute rock bottom and I really don't want to see a player fill that gap. At the end of the day, Josh is just holding up the fort until Kahu arrives and another option presents itself. Nicholls represents an alternative but he's going to take some time to adjust and like you, I don't want to see him thrown straight into the deep end without at least spending a few sessions with his team mates.

Like jarro though, I fail to see what value Nicholls offers outside of this season. He could be a depth option but I would have hoped by then that either Paia'Aua, Taylor or Jayden Nikorima would be ready to be called on first.

I really do wish him well and hope that he puts his hand up and we see 6. Nicholls 7. Hunt, but not if Darren isn't ready.

Marouba - Judging from the highlights he just had his best game of the season against Norths but that isn't saying a lot. On form, he's been lucky to play ISC.

It's kind of a no lose prospect really. If we throw him in the deep end and he fails it really doesn't matter -- Milford is our long term answer. And the guy is 25 and probably never thought he'd have a shot -- being sent straight in the deep end is more than he could have ever expected, so it's not like we are potentially ruining his career the way you might with say Strasser.

Can this guy actually kick? That is what we most desperately need.

It's not Nicholls I'm concerned about, it's the team.

It's a team sport, throwing in a guy who may not even be first grade standard and may not be on a first name basis with these players is a scary proposition.

This isn't Rugby League Live 2 for the Playstation 3, there is far more variables at play than people care to think about.

It's kind of a no lose prospect really. If we throw him in the deep end and he fails it really doesn't matter -- Milford is our long term answer. And the guy is 25 and probably never thought he'd have a shot -- being sent straight in the deep end is more than he could have ever expected, so it's not like we are potentially ruining his career the way you might with say Strasser.

Exactly this Anna, looking good btw.

At this stage whoever wears the 6 is all about finding a partner for hunt that the defense will actually take seriously. With milf now confirmed there is no point continuing with the failed hoggman experiment and the fact that this Nicholls guy has been playing 2nd tier for a few years plays in his favour.

Seriously if Nicholls can legitimately pass and kick, meaning that the defense will need to actually consider what he will do, the pressure it will relieve from hunt will be immense. Because as it stands every 5th tackle the defense just rush Hunt because they know hoggman isn't going to do shit

Another Darren in the 6. Who'dve thunk it.

Never heard of this guy in my life.

He also kicks goals well, doesn't he?

Active Now

• Brett Da Man LeMan
  • bb_gun
  • Hurrijo
  • broncs30
  • achievedrap
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Lozza
  • cento
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Painin the Haas
  • Sproj
  • PETERN
  • KateBroncos1812
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.