[Official] Broncos sign Darren Nicholls

So he signed with us to try and get a crack in the NRL, but I wonder if he ever will get a crack...

I'm going to go with no.

Last edited:
So he signed with us to try and get a crack in the NRL, but I wonder if he ever will get a crack...

I'm going to go with no.

Was it 1910 or talanoa who said he's maybe get a few games only? Gotta make you wonder why we signed him given the classy juniors we have who will sign with other clubs in the next few years.

Oh ... that's why we signed him!

Not while Griffin is coach. Probably 5 current first graders that would get a shot at 6 before him lol

This is the official preference order of halves by Griffin

1. Hoffman
2. Hunt
3. Hodges
4. Gillett
5. Griffin
6. Stagg
7. Kahu
8. Nichols

He's got a tough run ahead of him if he wants to make it.

Haha Griffin to lace on the boots. I think you left out Andrew Gee?

Was it 1910 or talanoa who said he's maybe get a few games only? Gotta make you wonder why we signed him given the classy juniors we have who will sign with other clubs in the next few years.

Oh ... that's why we signed him!

They'll be just as likely to leave if we give them game time.

Just look at Norman.

Haha Griffin to lace on the boots. I think you left out Andrew Gee?
Gee may not for the task of managing the club but he has kicked a 40/20 in his career, something Hoffman could only dream of achieving. At the end of the day this is just one of those in the most unlikely of circumstance signings.

Last edited:

Just look at Norman.

Maybe we can keep playing Hoffman and somebody as dumb as the eels may take him off our hands to go and play six.

On Norman he has been deadset shithouse for the eels. He is Hoffman x2. They create space on the edges then he hogs the ball and the play breaks down. Hoffman is slightly more dangerous because he can bust a tackle every now and again but neither of them are a 5/8's ahole!!

Just look at Norman.

BP, I disagree with this comparison.

Norman had cemented a 1st grade spot and was Hooked. He probably left cos' he was pissed off by that.

In any case, next year, all things being equal, Hunt and Milford/Barba will be the halves, and assuming Hunt continues to evolve, and, with a decent 5/8, I can't see Taylor et al. get a go unless it's injury or Origin, which still isn't a regular 1st grade spot.

That's life, but it's also kind of sad if you lose good young players for whatever reason. I will confess though that, if the wraps on him are accurate, I am so keen to see how Taylor will go at NRL level when he's ready ... and sadly, most likely at another club.

Maybe signing Nicholls was a rare example of forward planning.

Last edited:
Corey Norman, Trent Hodkinson, James Maloney...

It happens, it sucks but you can't keep them all to yourself.

Based off his interview alone on the Broncs site, I want him playing sooner rather than later. He strikes me as a good 'un

It'd be great to see the guy get a shot in the top side sooner rather than later as well ..... maybe enough time to save our season.

He has been great today and seems to have some quality in him, runs with the ball in two hands and gives some nice passes...........................he has to be given a run in the Broncos six surely.

Last edited:
Not impressed. He needs to work on passing the ball less. Maybe just once or twice a game.

Just give hook some time, he can't work that fast

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Allo
  • lynx000
  • Brocko
  • KateBroncos1812
  • kiwi2
  • Fozz
  • Jedhead
  • Waynesaurus
  • ChewThePhatt
  • broncsgoat
  • FACTHUNT
  • Dash
  • The Strapper
  • Jazza
  • Cavalo
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.