[Official] Broncos sign Darren Nicholls

To be fair to our juniors, if Nicholls gets a first grade callup in the next few rounds, I would completely understand if they were insulted by that. This is not a matter of form clearly, as I would argue that regardless of whether Taylor, Pauuauaua (what the **** ever) or Strasser were in average form, all of them would've been still better performers in the 6 than Hoffman has been, and unless they're all dumb, they would know that having watched him butcher so many tries.

Nicholls must be in much better form or Nolan sees something in him in order to leapfrog the rest so quickly, but it's a big gamble on the loyalties of those juniors.

I think it's all about age / experience, Griffin doesn't want to throw a 18/19 year old in the deep end, this bloke is 24 years old and has had a lot of experience against men, so he won't feel the sort of pressure that a Nikorima or Paia'Aua would feel.

I think it's all about age / experience, Griffin doesn't want to throw a 18/19 year old in the deep end, this bloke is 24 years old and has had a lot of experience against men, so he won't feel the sort of pressure that a Nikorima or Paia'Aua would feel.

100%

Well we can praise Ben Hunt for personifying what the Broncos stands for. If any young halves get cut up, tell them to look at what this champ has achieved through patience, belief, and a lot of hard work.

The guy has some skill and would of been cheap so who cares about it.

hope it works out well for him
don't reckon he will play first grade for us this year though

FFS. stop calling the coach Griffin. I have stated several times he is to be called Sloth. Thinks slow, reacts slow and speaks slow. Sloth...damn it.... carry on.

FFS. stop calling the coach Griffin. I have stated several times he is to be called Sloth. Thinks slow, reacts slow and speaks slow. Sloth...damn it.... carry on.

spot the difference ...

200griffin-200x0.jpg

maybe sloth hasn't realised lockyer has retired, that's why he never has plans for the 5/8th position

Well we can praise Ben Hunt for personifying what the Broncos stands for. If any young halves get cut up, tell them to look at what this champ has achieved through patience, belief, and a lot of hard work.

This deserves re-posting. Ben Hunt has been outstanding. Read in the paper today he's leading the count in linebreaks for the team. I wouldn't just limit it to promising young halves, some of the players in our first grade squad should look at Ben Hunt's performances. All heart. Love watching him play.

I agree on Ben Hunt especially when you think he has had a winger next to him and for the most part an out of sorts fullback not contributing as much as you'd hope. My one criticism is the lack of consistency in his kicking game both short and long which I think in no small part comes back to having to do the vast majority of it himself which means kick pressure is always there coz they know you are the only last play option. Give him a six that has a solid kicking game (whether it be one from our stable or Nicholls) I think he suddenly becomes a whole level more complete.

This deserves re-posting. Ben Hunt has been outstanding. Read in the paper today he's leading the count in linebreaks for the team. I wouldn't just limit it to promising young halves, some of the players in our first grade squad should look at Ben Hunt's performances. All heart. Love watching him play.

that article also said Copley was second in line breaks yet he gets relegated to the wing. what gives?

that article also said Copley was second in line breaks yet he gets relegated to the wing. what gives?

Well I think "relegated" might be the wrong word. Wing is to me no less an important position as any other. Finishing a move is vitally important, as much as creating opportunities through line breaks.

It's the same as being on the bench. Bench players have a critical role in a team's performance.

Getting the right people in the right position is the key

Active Now

• broncotville
  • Culhwch
  • Spooky1013
  • Harry Sack
  • bert_lifts
  • Allo
  • maddo
  • johnny plath
  • Fitzy
  • Wendall Taylor
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Johnny92
  • Ondi
  • bb_gun
  • BooKhaki
  • Broncosgirl
  • Financeguy
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.