[Official] Broncos sign Darren Nicholls

Well I think "relegated" might be the wrong word. Wing is to me no less an important position as any other. Finishing a move is vitally important, as much as creating opportunities through line breaks.

It's the same as being on the bench. Bench players have a critical role in a team's performance.

Getting the right people in the right position is the key

Not relegated but being moved from your favored position for no real reason.

that article also said Copley was second in line breaks yet he gets relegated to the wing. what gives?

If they are getting their stats through foxsports then they give line breaks for scoring a try about 90% of the time assuming it doesnt come from a kick.

So these line breaks could well just be from hodges passing him the ball and him scoring as opposed to hunts line breaks where he cuts them open in midfield.

If they are getting their stats through foxsports then they give line breaks for scoring a try about 90% of the time assuming it doesnt come from a kick.

So these line breaks could well just be from hodges passing him the ball and him scoring as opposed to hunts line breaks where he cuts them open in midfield.

Beat me to it. Yeah, I'd say a bunch of his tries are where the inflated number of line breaks are coming from. If you get the ball down without a bunch of players on top of you, it'll be considered a line break.

Beat me to it. Yeah, I'd say a bunch of his tries are where the inflated number of line breaks are coming from. If you get the ball down without a bunch of players on top of you, it'll be considered a line break.

Unless its Hurrell and i need the line break to win my H2H supercoach baaaah

Is/did this fella play(ing) for us in any form this weekend?

Cameron Cullen and Strasser look just as good or better in QLD Cup which is a much stronger and competitive competition.

I digress.

Either way, I'm all in favour of a genuine 5/8 or halfback with recent experience (read: any) playing first grade or NRL in that position (read: not Hoffman).

With Hunt, Barba and Hodges doing their creative jobs and McCullough rallying the forwards, all we really need is a serviceable 5/8 with a basic kicking and passing game, who can maybe create a little something here or there.

I wouldn't mind if Broncos put him on the bench for a few games and ease him into it.

Bring him on for about 20-25 minutes, move Hoffman to left centre and Reed to the backrow. When the Origin period comes along, we move Hoffman to right centre to cover for Hodges and bring in Nicholls.

I was with you until the bolded bit.

That's some good vision of Nikorima.

Defence looks like a joke but the running game looks strong and he was unlucky on that bat back.

Looks to have some pace too. Like just about everyone except Slothin I'd like to see someone else in the 6 and I wouldn't care if it's during the Origin period or during the regular season just so long as it's coming while we are still a chance of making the 8.

Adrian Davis is going well, and he's dominated in NSW Cup too. I don't think he's with us, but he's with Redcliffe, so he might be a "theoretical" option too.

you can see nikorima can pull out the flashy plays, but nicholls looks like he has a decent kicking game and a good short ball which is two things we have lacked, alex glenn in particular has suffered because of the lack of good short balls close to the line.

OMG...........Feels kindof weird to see a team that has a kicking game and seems to know what they are trying to do.

Unread

Active Now

• Old Mate
  • Foordy
  • Broncosgirl
  • Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.