OFFICIAL - Broncos Sign Lowrie, Vidot and Mills

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
The NRMA Insurance Broncos have officially signed three new players to the club – Todd Lowrie, Daniel Vidot and Stewart Mills.

Highly experienced second-rower Todd Lowrie comes from the New Zealand Warriors and has signed a two-year deal with the Broncos.

Powerful outside back Daniel Vidot is arriving from the St George Illawarra Dragons and has also signed a two-year deal with the Broncos.

Young centre Stewart Mills has signed a one-year deal with the Broncos from the Cronulla Sharks.

Both Lowrie and Mills will join pre-season training at Red Hill from Wednesday 6 November while Vidot will commence in January 2014, as he currently has international touring commitments with Samoa for the 2013 Rugby League World Cup.

http://www.broncos.com.au/news-display/Broncos-Sign-Three-New-Players/85970

Last edited:
Jesus fucking christ. Gee needs to go, seriously.

strange. i dont mind the vidot signing. dont know mills. lowrie was hopefully cheap as i cant see a spot in the 17 for him except for origin time

Great news, Lowrie better be cheap.

Three signings and not a single one that can play in the halves........... :bike:

Surely common sense says that all three came cheap?

Well consider me back all-in for next year now after that exciting news!!! I don't even know where to begin with lauding signings of that magnitude...

Vidot and Mills could prove to be very handy acquisitions. Will also hopefully mean less Maranta!

As I've said before, Lowrie is just a nothing player. Won't let us down, but he won't improve us or anything either.

The Vidot signing is good as we need some attacking strength in the backline but the other 2 are certainly depth signings although I don't mind Lowrie as a player but he will be a bench player at best while only getting starts around Origin time and when injury occurs.

As none of the players signed are five-eighths it looks like Strasser is going to be developed and given a shot in first-grade.

Ummm hello, I think everyone is missing the point, this most likely means we won't see Maranta's name on any team list for next year.

Lowrie would've been cheap so who cares, not the best but we'll take him for depth. Same goes for Mills and who knows, he either kicks on and plays really well or he doesn't and we dump him, it is only a 1 year deal after all. As for Vidot, I think he is going to prove a lot of doubters wrong this season, mark my words.

EDIT: Sorry [MENTION=1848]ningnangnong[/MENTION], I just saw your post and realized that you also saw the 'No Maranta' benefit to these signings :)

Last edited:
As none of the players signed are five-eighths it looks like Strasser is going to be developed and given a shot in first-grade.

Or Barba or Hoffy.......bit scary to think about.

*Edit* but no Maranta is a good thing.

Vidot is a great signing. I fully expect him to challenge for reeds spot, and at worst he will be on the wing. I really rate him.

Lowries signing is weird. Hes an 80 min tackling machine in the mold of Dallas Johnson, David Stagg and Shaun Fensom. Dont really see how he fits in while Parker is in the team.

Mills is certainly just depth

Hopefully Lowrie isn't in our top 25 in terms of the salary cap, otherwise he's just a waste. Would rather just play Dodds or Stagg.

Hey, last year Stagg and Prince were our only non-QCup signings. This year we've bought the 2012 Dally M medallist, a brilliant young front rower, a perfectly-good backup backrower, a great young winger and a not-too-bad winger/centre. These are perfectly good signings. I don't see "they will all be in the starting 17 next year" written anywhere in that press release.

We are chock-a-block with wingers, does this mean:-

a) Hoffy is gone to the dogs - lots of competition for the wing spots
b) Barba at 6, Hoffy at 1
c) Barba at 1, Hoffy at 6

If Hoffy stays why would we be buying more wingers?

Remember when the club was saying there are more signings on the way when we were all worried?
Top 1 here we come.

Hey, last year Stagg and Prince were our only non-QCup signings. This year we've bought the 2012 Dally M medallist, a brilliant young front rower, a perfectly-good backup backrower, a great young winger and a not-too-bad winger/centre. These are perfectly good signings. I don't see "they will all be in the starting 17 next year" written anywhere in that press release.

I think people are going to be disappointed if they are really expecting that.

Active Now

• Aldo
  • Broncosarethebest
  • LGH
  • peter09
  • Johnny92
  • Foordy
  • Manofoneway
  • Skathen
  • broncos4life
  • GCBRONCO
  • Alec
  • ivanhungryjak
  • KateBroncos1812
  • heartly87
  • leon.bott
  • Manifesto
  • FACTHUNT
  • Financeguy
  • ChewThePhatt
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.