Official - Gillett and Jack Reed re-sign

Re: Gillett and Jack Reed re-sign

Hmmm, now let me think... who could it be?
26srq.png

Last edited:

i criticise the club precisely because im such a big fan and have been for such a long time.

i see things that i dont like (recruitment, gameplan, playing positions, etc) and i will say that i dont like them and say why i dont like them, and give ways i think they can/should be fixed. it doesnt make me not a fan just because im not all lollipops and rainbows about the broncos. personally i cant stand the 'everything team x does is right and will always be right forever' mentality fans. all they do is heap praise on the team even when they are not at all deserving. they see making the top 8 as meaning it was a successful season. i see making the top 8 on the back of 6 losses and getting beaten 40-0 in the first round of the finals and eliminated as anything but a success. success is improving as a team, even if we finish worse on the ladder than usual. if getting 2 wooden spoons in a row because you blooded new talent is what it takes to get a potentially premiership winning team the next year then so be it, im fine with that - as long as theres method to the madness. continually throwing more money at players who arent performing and arent improving doesnt fit that bill, even if we make the 8.

Welcome ozzball!

I mostly agree with you, especially when it comes to the hysterical reactions of some of the most "footy bipolar" people I've seen. :winky:
Having said that, it's well founded criticism that keeps you on your toes and makes you strive to keep improving., so it shouldn't be dismissed.

I understand where some people are coming from, even if I don't agree with them, it makes for interesting discussion as Nashy said... as long as we keep the discussion about the opinions, not their authors!

I think the length of the Reed deal suggests he went for length of deal above $$$ per year. Just an opinion I have on the matter.

Reed will probably be a one man club, I can't imagine him playing for another club.

I couldn't imagine Tate, Civo or Berro playing for another club at one stage...but they all left pretty much at the exact same time.

Reed is a good club man and very solid contributor, the type of guy all clubs need. He's a tough bugger and probably played through his injuries last year when others couldn't have. Great to see him revisit his 2011 form in the last couple of weeks.

I'm pretty new here ... as you can see from the number of posts ... but I've been a fanatical Broncos supporter from day 1 ... watched 'em train before a ball was kicked ... went to the friendlies ... watched that awesome first game against Manly ... but never joined a 'forum' till now.
I have to say that some of the negativity in here is numbing. To post such vitriolic attacks on a team that we all, supposedly, support to the max is mystifying to me. It not only attacks the player in question but it also insults the entire structure of the club. These players have mostly been nurtured by the Broncos since they were kids in an organisation that even Gus Gould finds impressive, so rubbishing the player in effect rubbishes the whole ethos and infrastructure of the club. We live in a so-called democracy and everyone is entitled to their view, I'm just confused as to why some people (thankfully a minority) put themselves through so much angst in the pursuit of something which is supposed to entertain them.

To the rest I say ... thanks for your insightful and well-considered comments.

Welcome and stay around. You have perfectly summed up my thoughts and the thoughts I'm sure of many others. The negativity of a minority are making this forum almost unreadable currently... But everyone is entitled to their opinion i guess...

Well Idris is getting paid 550k a year, if we're using him as a scale Reed is a once in a lifetime deal.

Even though I do think the price is pretty good for both (if it's really around 2M), I don't think we should be comparing it to what Idris or Tony Williams or whatever get. They are the exception and everyone knows they aren't worth as much as they get.

Yes but what it does say is there's nothing to bitch about a first grade centre who has played almost every game for us being paid that salary. I can't remember him being injured. Seriously guys Reed is easily worth 250k and Gillett is easily a 350k player.

As Hook's new and wondrous game plan evolves further, and there will be (hopefully) even more effective set plays which give (or maybe even force) Reed and Gillett the chance to play their natural game, then for mine, each are a bargain

Reed will probably be a one man club, I can't imagine him playing for another club.
both reed and gillett said theyre going to be broncos for life in their press conference for their re-signing. awesome if they pick up their game, not so awesome if they dont.

both reed and gillett said theyre going to be broncos for life in their press conference for their re-signing. awesome if they pick up their game, not so awesome if they dont.

What's awesome for me is that the last few games seem to show a game plan evolving around team play instead of largely relying on (or rather hoping for) an individual's talent.

The horse seems finally moving before the cart

Active Now

• LittleDavey
  • Old Mate
  • Hoof Hearted
  • GCBRONCO
  • Browny
  • FACTHUNT
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Justwin
  • kiwi2
  • Bish
  • mieko
  • Organix
  • Midean
  • Broncosgirl
  • Xzei
  • broncsgoat
  • Fozz
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Wolfie
  • eggstar10
... and 19 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.