Official - Ivan Henjak Sacked

Status
Not open for further replies.
ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
I have split the topic, so keep all your discussion about Wayne Bennett and his coaching record in the other thread which can be found here - viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6489

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008
i just cant wait 3 months so we can hear what really went down.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
You do realise his 3 months of pay was for him to keep his mouth shut for good?

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008
Big Pete said:
You do realise his 3 months of pay was for him to keep his mouth shut for good?
was it? i mustve misread, my bad. i thought they just bought his silence for 3 months figuring by then noone will care.

F

Flutterby

International
Mar 5, 2008
forward_pass said:
Cullen, who took a 12-month leave of absence on January 1, is due to return to the club's board next year.

Interesting.

Not really - Cullen always said from when he announced he'd be resigning as CEO but staying on the board that he would take 12 months leave so as not to be seen to be under-mining the new CEO and give him the chance to settle in without Bruno around

K

kluppy

QCup Player
Feb 2, 2010
draggx said:
So the same person who informed me Inglis was signing as just informed me that WB has verbally agreed to terms for 2012 and that he has been in talks with Brisbane since White took over.

any more news on this draggx??

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
oh great. Looks like we have replaced Henjack with Griffen. :(

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
Ivan never offered to quit, says Cullen

Former Brisbane chief executive Bruno Cullen has returned fire against suggestions he refused to accept Ivan Henjak's resignation as coach of the Broncos following a damning internal review at the end of last season.

Henjak was sacked by the Broncos on Monday and it has since been alleged he wanted out of the club in October, when a performance review by football manager Andrew Gee was presented to the Broncos board highlighting a number of serious shortcomings with his efforts at the helm.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/sport/i ... 1b5i1.html

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Seriously. Broncos need to come out, and be honest. All this bad PR is making us look like a deadshit Sydney club.

Browny

Browny

State of Origin Captain
Apr 9, 2008
Or they could just shut up about it and move on

M

m1c

NRL Player
Mar 16, 2008
Not quite sure why Cullen feels the need to comment. All it does it ensure the stories and speculation drag on for another couple of days.

Very unprofessional IMO and shows he is pushing his barrow (self preservation) rather than the clubs.

Not to mention he is taking the year off so should probably leave the handling of the situation to those who are up to speed and fully informed.

Paul White is the best thing to happen to this club in a while.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
m1c said:
Not quite sure why Cullen feels the need to comment. All it does it ensure the stories and speculation drag on for another couple of days.

Very unprofessional IMO and shows he is pushing his barrow (self preservation) rather than the clubs.

Not to mention he is taking the year off so should probably leave the handling of the situation to those who are up to speed and fully informed.

Paul White is the best thing to happen to this club in a while.

Well, nobody likes having their professionalism publicly criticised. I agree he would've been better off shutting the f up, but he didn't.

M

m1c

NRL Player
Mar 16, 2008
Understandable, but what is wrong with releasing a statement rather than spending 10 minutes refuting every self related rumour flying around.

Entering into a slanging match with Chris Johns was completely unnecessary. Johns merely expressed his opinion yesterday (albeit harshly) that the Broncos organisation has diminished over the last few years.

There's no need for Bruno to justify his position every time someone knocks him. Anyone with half a brain realises Johns is just another rent-a-quote for the media dry on stories. For Cullen to even give those comments the time of day does nothing for the football club.

'Look I'm not going to get nasty ... I know Johnsy was CEO of a club in the past, and im not too sure if his credentials from his time there give him the right to bag other CEO's ... but look it's something I'd never do'.

It's really disappointing that he seems to be motivated by personal, rather than professional grievances.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Don't get me wrong, I agree with you, and it highlights my long held view of Bruno as a control freak and a sook.

I'm just saying I don't blame him for leaping to his own defence. I wish he wouldn't, but he's a very insecure, selfish little man so it's not surprising.

N

nopatience101

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Big_Dave said:
The Gagai incident was to do with him wanting some leave due to some very personal issues.
Pretty much Henjak told him go find another club if he couldn't handle the big time.
Thats bs mate. He was warned if he he didnt meet his weight target he would be dropped from the NRL squad and he failed to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Hurrijo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.