Official - Ivan Henjak Sacked

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if Wayne come back a few players would be nervous. Not saying he will change much but I could see him wanting to add a few players of his own, meaning some current players would have to go or play QLD cup.

Big_Dave said:
ivanhungryjak said:
With all this WB talk, Josh Hoffman might get a little nervous ...

Why? Hoffman is a star in the making.
Boyd is good fullback, much like Pattern and Schifoske was.
So you really believe Benny would put Josh at 1 over Boyd? Seriously?

ivanhungryjak said:
Big_Dave said:
ivanhungryjak said:

Boyd won't be fullback if Hoffman is still playing well.
Boyd can play wing. I have my doubts on him as a centre or a 5/8th.

Big_Dave said:
ivanhungryjak said:
[quote="Big_Dave":1e1p1eh5]
ivanhungryjak said:

Boyd won't be fullback if Hoffman is still playing well.
Boyd can play wing. I have my doubts on him as a centre or a 5/8th.[/quote:1e1p1eh5]
That's what I'd do too but I'm not Bennett.

Boyd could be our future five-eighth...if we were to sign him.

OK, this is some more stuff I have heard today (but like all rumours take it with a grain of salt):

1. Henjak offered to resign in December when he was shown the outcome of Andrew Gee's review. The Broncos board rejected this and told him they wanted him to stay on

So this lends more to the suspicions that something else has happened in the past few weeks to lead to his sacking.

2. Several key members of the football staff are very unhappy at both Ivan's sacking and the way it has been handled. They are still happy to work with Griffin; but are seriously peeved with White and the board

We could be in for a bumpy ride

3. I have also heard that WB is still a big fan of Henjak and is pretty non-plussed at his sacking and the board's actions.

This one has come from a very tenous source - but if true then him coming back to the club next year is even more unlikely.

If this is true:

During the off season, word got around that Henjak couldn't care less if Inglis signed or not as he thought Inglis was just as lazy as Hodges.

I say hooray for Ivan and I agree with his assessment of Inglis being lazy. I was also of the opinion that I didn't really care that much if Inglis came to the Broncos.

And whilst I was one of the (very) few supporters of Henjak, I am also a fan of Griffin and will throw my 100% support behind him.

Why would we even sign Boyd if Hoffman stays going as good as he is?
Speak about wasting salary cap space for nothing.

Boyd is a star no doubt but he's not worth the money as it's not a position that's in need of a good player.
You don't buy a star player in a position that a very good player is already in. It's like replacing Parker or Te'o with Burgess or someone else. Sure they might be a little better but it's not worth the money.

Boyd has already said he intends to follow Bennett wherever he goes and I get the feeling WB would do everything in his power to make it happen as well

The club would be mad to get Bennett back as head coach IMO. I hardly see the point of giving Griffin the chance to coach the Broncos this season if he is not a chance of getting the gig for 2012.

Bucking Beads said:
The club would be mad to get Bennett back as head coach IMO. I hardly see the point of giving Griffin the chance to coach the Broncos this season if he is not a chance of getting the gig for 2012.
Unless it's a 3 year contract it's not worth it. I would much prefer him to be back at the club in some other capacity, not as head coach.

Give Griffin a chance IMO. One year doesn't prove anything as a coach.

The Rock said:
Even though it's not in first grade, Griffin's record is rather impressive. If he had that sort of record in the NRL he'd be classed as a super coach...(Nearly..)

So I don't see how he could have so much success in lower grades and have much less success in first grade. Obviously there are some big differences, but if he can win a few grand finals in reserve grades then I can't see him failing in first grade.

Particularly his effort in 2006 to take Redcliffe to the Premiership. Look at what they were up against in the grand final:

1. Nick Parfitt
2. Denan Kemp
3. Jason Moon
4. Jamie Simpson
5. Steve Michaels
6. Joel Moon
7. Ben Green
8. Nick Kenny
9. John TeReo
10. Ben Vaeau
11. Chris Muckert
12. Derrick Watkins
13. Greg Eastwood

14. Dave Taylor
15. Joe Clarke
16. Scott Minto
17. Fraser Anderson

Nobody gave the Dolphins a hope and rightly so. But they crushed the Clydesdales 27-6, and not to mention turned it right around after being beaten 56-22 by the Clydies 2 weeks earlier.

Jeb, who was the coach of that Clydies side?

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/...oach-ivan-henjak/story-e6frf3ou-1226010029656

hope that link works!

anyway, here's the highlight :)

"Meanwhile, captain Darren Lockyer denied he and teammates were to blame for coach Henjak's sacking, as it emerged new chief executive Paul White was left to do the dirty work his predecessor would not.

It has been revealed the Broncos board discussed Henjak's position last October, with four of the five directors in favour of sacking him as a result of an unfavourable player review after Brisbane missed the finals for the first time in 19 seasons.

No official vote was taken and his position was saved when chairman Darryl Somerville - one of those who originally supported his appointment when Wayne Bennett left in 2009 - threatened to resign if Henjak was dumped.

Then chief executive Bruno Cullen sided with his chairman and Henjak survived, and it was instead left to White to make the change 18 days out from the club's first game of the 2011 season."

By his continual picking of completely out of form Wallace and WInterstein week after week last year Henjak proved to me he wasn't up to the gig. Glad he is gone even if I would have preferred it happen in December. Griffin has the resume/credentials to make the job his and hopefully he builds a good rapport with the players because clearly the likes of Lockyer were a massive part in Henjak getting axed.

Who did the Broncos have to replace Winterstein?

Same sentiment with Wallace.

Jeba said:
The Rock said:
Even though it's not in first grade, Griffin's record is rather impressive. If he had that sort of record in the NRL he'd be classed as a super coach...(Nearly..)

So I don't see how he could have so much success in lower grades and have much less success in first grade. Obviously there are some big differences, but if he can win a few grand finals in reserve grades then I can't see him failing in first grade.

Particularly his effort in 2006 to take Redcliffe to the Premiership. Look at what they were up against in the grand final:

1. Nick Parfitt
2. Denan Kemp
3. Jason Moon
4. Jamie Simpson
5. Steve Michaels
6. Joel Moon
7. Ben Green
8. Nick Kenny
9. John TeReo
10. Ben Vaeau
11. Chris Muckert
12. Derrick Watkins
13. Greg Eastwood

14. Dave Taylor
15. Joe Clarke
16. Scott Minto
17. Fraser Anderson

Nobody gave the Dolphins a hope and rightly so. But they crushed the Clydesdales 27-6, and not to mention turned it right around after being beaten 56-22 by the Clydies 2 weeks earlier.

And just in case anyone wanted to see some highlights of that 2006 QCup Grand Final...........

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRedcliff ... _6gPfDoV40

[icon_wink

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Aldo
  • Broncosarethebest
  • The True King
  • kiwibronco
  • Maddy
  • Jazza
  • Astro
  • Galah
  • Cavalo
  • Sproj
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Broncosgirl
  • Ffs...
  • Alec
  • Wolfie
  • ivanhungryjak
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Dash
  • Dony Eliakim
  • bb_gun
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.