[OFFICIAL] Kurt Baptiste ---> Raiders

Re: Broncos Player Movements and Rumours 2013

From what I've seen from Granville in QCup and his few matches in NRL this year I think he is going to be great for us off the bench. I have no problem with Baptiste moving on, Granville with more NRL game time I think could really put pressure on Macca.

Now that I've slept on it I'm seriously starting to doubt this rumour about a 2 for 1 deal with Canberra, mainly because A, Baptiste was already off-contract so he could hardly be used as a bargaining tool and B, if the second player is Hoffman why would he go to the Raiders to live in Canberra and be coached by Ricky Stuart when he could very easily sign with the Bulldogs and be coached by Hasler-baby! Unless the Broncos are able to enforce which club he signs with, similar to what the Bulldogs did with Barba. If we do release Hoffman I hope it is to the Dogs, I know that would be his preference and I'd like him to be happy.

Last edited:

Did we lose Michael Ryan, Nathan Friend and Ian Lacey at around the same time? Or was Ryan way before them? I feel as though we have gone through like a million hookers over the last ten years. Who else? Ennis. Is it possible Granville could be in the running for the 5/8 spot. The kid can run, pass and kick really well. He has good enough vision.

Did we lose Michael Ryan, Nathan Friend and Ian Lacey at around the same time? Or was Ryan way before them? I feel as though we have gone through like a million hookers over the last ten years. Who else? Ennis. Is it possible Granville could be in the running for the 5/8 spot. The kid can run, pass and kick really well. He has good enough vision.

Michael Ryan and Friend were around the similar time, early 2000's but Lacey and Ennis were a few years after that, around 2006 from memory.

Ryan and Friend were around just after Priddis left. Now that was a hooker worth having a rant about leaving as he still had some good years left in him when he left us and was a quality player.

I think we even had Richard Swain as a hooker for a season in between the Ryan/Friend and Lacey/Ennis years. Having said that Ryan and Friend played bugger all first grade games for us so it was not like it was an era, they were just options at the club.

From memory, Ryan was the chosen one until injury struck?

We also had PJ Marsh in there at some stage. Still can't believe he was fished from QCup to play origin that year. Desperation!

Marsh was after Ennis left, with Aaron Gorrell the season after Marsh arrived.

Fucking Aaron Gorrell. The epitome of substandard. Dude moved at the speed of a building.

Seemed to be a good guy though, I just didn't rate him.

Need old Bazza Berrigan back.

So since about 2000:

S.Berrigan
B.Berrigan
Gorrell
Priddis
Ennis
Friend
Ryan
Baptiste
Swain
McCullough
Granville
Lacey
Marsh

keep building the list if I've missed anyone.

Re: [RUMOUR] Kurt Baptiste ---> Raiders

Kerrod Walters (came back for one last season in 2000)
Priddis
P. Lee
S. Walker
Friend
Swain
M. Ryan
P. Green
Ballin
B. Berrigan
C. McGuire
Lacey
Te Reo
S. Berrigan
Ennis
Gorrell
Marsh
Baptiste

Barnes, Perry, Costigan & Seymour also had stints there from memory.

Last edited:

Well we were already losing Baptiste, so it's good that he found a club. Based on this year's apparent form it's not a big loss but it was disappointing that he was never given a real shot. I've always wondered what would have happened if he was a year older than McCullough rather than vice-versa.

I see this as no loss. Good luck fella.

If the Broncos had one strength in their roster, it was their influx of talented up and coming hookers yet Hook didn't seem interested in taking advantage of it. I personally had been calling for his inclusion off the bench since 2011 and thought he should have been a regular by 2012, but no dice.

I think Hook's opinion of Kurt became clear in 2012 when he snubbed him for Capewell.

In saying that, it would have been a cameo role at best and I always saw Baptiste (and to an extent Granville) as the 'greener grass' of the squad.

I think the emergence of Granville will soften the blow of losing Baptiste.

Granville certainly has a lot of potential and could be used to cover a spot in the halves if needed also.

I'm glad Baptiste has been picked up by a club though .... he seems like a good club man who has been out of luck as far as injury goes.

I wish him well at the Raiders.

I hope we actually use Granville. At least to put some pressure on McCullough to perform consistently.

Most of them were terrible, but a few went on to become world class at other clubs, like Priddis, Ballin and Nathan Friend. It looks like we really took the position for granted in recent years. I still think it's massively underrated.

Not concerned about losing him we've got depth in the hooker position and Granville was ahead of him for a spot. Canberra will most likely give him game time as Shaun Berrigan is past it and is nearing the end of his career.

Hopefully this brings Milford closer to us :o_o:

Berro retired.

Right now they have Buttriss and McIlwrick.

Not concerned about losing him we've got depth in the hooker position and Granville was ahead of him for a spot. Canberra will most likely give him game time as Shaun Berrigan is past it and is nearing the end of his career.

Hopefully this brings Milford closer to us :o_o:
Berro retired last season, it has nothing to do with Milford.

Unread

Active Now

• Lurker
  • theshed
  • teampjta
  • mrslong
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.