[OFFICIAL] Kurt Baptiste ---> Raiders

Re: [RUMOUR] Kurt Baptiste ---> Raiders

Did Ballin ever play for us?

No he was a part of our junior development though. Was a player that we shouldn't have let go hooker has been a problem for us ever since Berro left.

We lost Ballin when we still had Berrigan and also just signed Ennis I believe. Ballin ended up being a much better player than Ennis, though it took him a while.

We lost Ballin when we still had Berrigan and also just signed Ennis I believe. Ballin ended up being a much better player than Ennis, though it took him a while.

Yeah I think short term we did better on the Ennis deal. Obviously Ballin has turned out to be the better player.

More mismanagement from our football manager.

No first grade, was playing Qld Cup. Benny thought he was more male model than footballer. Which at the time was true.

Re: Broncos Player Movements and Rumours 2013

Totally agree, to me this is similar to when we lost Nathan Friend, sure he was a solid first grader but did we really lose sleep over him leaving the Broncos.

From some of the comments i feel as though i missed watching 50 NRL games with Baptiste carving up.

Friend played one game, the game v the Tigers in 2002. He wasn't a solid first grader at all.

So since about 2000:

S.Berrigan
B.Berrigan
Gorrell
Priddis
Ennis
Friend
Ryan
Baptiste
Swain
McCullough
Granville
Lacey
Marsh

keep building the list if I've missed anyone.

Roberts.

Ballin was a long time before that, he went down to Manly and played lower grades behind Monaghan for years.

Friend played one game, the game v the Tigers in 2002. He wasn't a solid first grader at all.

i was referring to him turning into a solid first grader when he left which is what I expect from baptistery, at best.

Is it really though? You don't think we are overly selling him a bit. I know we can all get a bit blinded by our favourites (me more than anyone) but the facts are over the last 2 years when many clubs have been screaming for hookers he has been running around playing park footy and has now been picked up when already off contract pretty late in the year. Hardly screams another star lost

What I mean is he never got his chance he could have been really good or us off he bench if he had the chance, I would say he's better than Granville and the raiders will thank us for not resigning him

What I mean is he never got his chance he could have been really good or us off he bench if he had the chance, I would say he's better than Granville and the raiders will thank us for not resigning him

Well time will tell. All Ill say is, if he was this gun hooker you claim he is why is he only being signed to a one year deal and why has no one tried to sign him previously? Yes he was contracted to us but he was never getting a look in here so it's not like they would stand in his way.

He got some shots here and Granville was far more impressive in his two games than Kurt ever was IMO

I agree with the general sentiment b4l, but don't forget about Baptiste's performance against the Rabbits in WA back in 2011. Was arguably our best in a frustrating and strange evening of footy.

Not sure why the wraps on Ballin. I think he's been made to look better than he is by an outstanding and long lasting team.

Ennis on the other hand I would happily take back any day of the week. He's got the mongrel our squad is badly missing.

I agree with the general sentiment b4l, but don't forget about Baptiste's performance against the Rabbits in WA back in 2011. Was arguably our best in a frustrating and strange evening of footy.

That's true Pete, and I had forgotten about that game, which is weird seeing it was one of the weirdest games of football I have ever seen lol

That's true Pete, and I had forgotten about that game, which is weird seeing it was one of the weirdest games of football I have ever seen lol
Was that the game played in the pool?

Yep that's the one.

Had friends at that game with raincoats and umbrellas. They reckon it was the closest they came to drowning

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Broncosgirl
  • MasterWright
  • Culhwch
  • Johnny92
  • Mister Wright
  • Browny
  • BroncosAlways
  • Manofoneway
  • Behind enemy lines
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.