Official - Maroons Game 2 Team

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
No changes to the 17.

Parker in as 18th man, and Barba in as 19th.

1. Billy Slater
2. Darius Boyd
3. Greg Inglis
4. Justin Hodges
5. Brent Tate
6. Johnathan Thurston
7. Cooper Cronk
8. Matthew Scott
9. Cameron Smith (c)
10. Petero Civoniceva
11. Nate Myles
12. Sam Thaiday
13. Ashley Harrison

14. Matt Gillett
15. David Taylor
16. Ben Hannant
17. David Shillington
18. Corey Parker
19. Ben Barba

18th man still gets to play club footy don't they? I hope so

18th man still gets to play club footy don't they? I hope so

Certainly do, unless of course someone pulls out from qld before the broncos game, then parker will go straight in the maroons team and not play for broncos

I said in the Game 1 team thread; Macguire should be the 18th man. I don't see why you would want to lose a prop and replace him with another backrower.

Also, what's with the Barba love all over a few websites? I get he's an exciting player, but he doesn't fit into the QLD side anywhere.

Last edited:
Also, what's with the Barba love all over a few websites? I get he's an exciting player, but he doesn't fit into the QLD side anywhere.

At this stage probably not, but I think it's more of a move for the future to give him some exposure to origin and how it all works now. QLD have been doing it for a few years now.

I really like the move to change the 19th man from DCE to Barba for no other reason than to give him a taste and see how he goes on the training paddock with the big guns. If a halve gets hurt no doubt DCE still gets the spot but I love the idea of giving this next wave a look over the next few years. I would have liked Lillyman as the cover for Scott he is the best defensive prop in the game and would have helped clean up any issues in the middle of the ruck.

I really like the move to change the 19th man from DCE to Barba for no other reason than to give him a taste and see how he goes on the training paddock with the big guns.

Agreed. It's not a snub of DCE, there's no doubt he's going to a part of the future for years to come, this is just to introduce Barba into the QLD set-up. There were times in the first game where I actually thought he would have been useful. Which isn't to say he's a better option than Gillett, but I can understand why his type of impact could be coveted. I'm sure he'll get his chance soon enough though. It should also be noted that Barba is happy to accept, and isn't refusing to come along simply because he wasn't picked to begin with!

Not totally sure I agree on Parker as 18th man, but have no complaints either. FWIW, I'd have picked Kasiano over both McGuire and Lillyman. He's been terrific so far, and I think he would really do well in Origin. Plus, I'm not sure if Otahuhu is in QLD yet, so might as well seal the deal.

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • marw
  • FACTHUNT
  • Foordy
  • Sproj
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Dash
  • bazza
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Fozz
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Dazza 92
  • RolledOates
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.