[Official] - Milford signs with Broncos

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Get in! :rockon:

The NRMA Insurance Broncos today announce that they have agreed to terms with exciting young back Anthony Milford for the 2015 and 2016 NRL seasons.

Currently with Canberra, Milford will return to the city where he was born and grew up for his next contract.

The 19-year-old has been starring at the Rugby League World Cup for the past month, but returned to Australia last week after Samoa was eliminated in the quarter-finals.

The negotiations for the deal with the Broncos were completed this morning.

Broncos’ head coach Anthony Griffin said the club was pleased to gain a player of Milford’s exceptional talent.

“Anthony is a wonderful young talent who we have known about for several years as he grew up in the Logan area,” said Griffin.

“He will be a great addition to our squad when he comes on board for the 2015 and 2016 seasons.

“Anthony has obviously made it clear he had a desire to return to Brisbane, and it is good that the club and his management have been able to come to an agreement that will allow him to do that.

“We look forward to him becoming part of the Broncos club.”

A Souths Logan junior, Milford has played in the Queensland under 15s, 16s and 18s, and made his NRL debut for the Raiders this season in round five against the Roosters.

He played 18 NRL matches at fullback and in the halves, and steered Queensland in the under 20s State of Origin game this season before being chosen to represent Samoa.

http://www.broncos.com.au/news-display/Young-Star-Milford-Signs-With-Broncos/87844

Last edited:
Awesome. now let's hope that Ricky doesn't mindfuck him too much over the next 12 months

i hope he wanted to stay in canberra and wasn't 'forced'. if it came down to being his decision and he decided to honour his contract thats admirable. i hope he plays good footy in 2014

Exciting stuff. Now to keep Hoffman and play him on the wing for Wynnum or Redcliffe all year.

Finally "Official Anthony Milford" The heading I've been waiting so long to see!

Bit disappointed we won't have him for 2014.. but I guess that's still good news.

Edit: Oh well, I'm still happy, it just means the Raiders can develop him for us for another season, I guess this also means Hoffman will stick around and we'll play Barba at 6 and Hoffman at 1 for 2014, then Hoffman will leave when he's off-contract and we'll run Milford at 6 and Barba at 1 for 2015 onwards.

Last edited:
Soooo........who's our 5/8 for 2014 gonna be?

Only Ricky Stuart would be stupid enough to hold onto a player when they don't want to be there / have now confirmed departure.

I could understand if he was coaching a genuine premiership contender, keeping Milford would help push for the title, but it's pointless when you're in a rebuilding phase. Keeping Milford means someone else won't get a crack this year. May as well pick someone who they can develop.

As for us, now stuck in an awful place for this season. No point giving someone a crack this year to be replaced next year. Honestly, I'd be in Prince's ear about filling in. He wasn't too bad the end of last year, and there's no point chucking someone else to the wolves if they won't have the position in a year anyway.

Surely we make a push to nab him next year? Either way, buzzing that we finally got our man.

2014 -

1) Hoffman
2) Copley
3) Reed
4) Kahu
5) Vidot
6) Barba
7) Hunt
9) McCullough

2015 -

1) Barba
2) Copley
3) Reed
4) Hodges
5) Vidot
6) Milford
7) Hunt
9) Smith

Holy ****. When I saw 'official' on the title I nearly pissed myself, then I thought if this is a prank I will be so pissed. Wow. More thoughts later, but for now. Wow!

So excited to have him whether it is 2014 or 2015, I don't really care to be honest.

I wouldn't rule out us getting him next year though, this is what I had hoped the broncos would do. Agree to terms with him for 2015, publicly announce and now the pressure is solely on the raiders. Keep a homesick young man from his dying father for the sake of a year! I know that's not truly the case but that will be the media headlines.

**** yeah! I'm so pumped right now!

If Hoffman goes I still won't mind. I think McCullough could step up and play 5/8 for us.
1. Barba
6. McCullough
7. Hunt
9. Granville

I'd be happy to see him with you guys next year.. Why we would want to hold on to a kid that does not want to play for us is beyond me.

If we keep him, I hope he plays prop for Mounties all year..

Brilliant! My only wish now is that the Raiders are secretly waiting to sign Locke before releasing Milford for next year.

Welcome back worm, I've missed you :)

Active Now

• Big Del
  • Culhwch
  • kiwibronco
  • Waynesaurus
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Broncos Maestro
  • Aldo
  • Fitzy
  • Griffo
  • Porthoz
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • levikaden
  • Broncorob
  • Manofoneway
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Fozz
  • Xzei
  • FACTHUNT
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.