[Official] - Milford signs with Broncos

Ignoring your snotty jibe.....you never answered the question. Have you seen him under the high ball?

Yeah he certainly isn't great under the high ball, not that that was ever debated.

That has nothing to do with the fact that you claimed barba was terrible on defence when that is clearly wrong.

He who posts facepalms waives the right to whinge about snotty jibes

As I see it, Barba came here with some emotional baggage, an injury and a huge avalanche of expectations to be brilliant from day one. For mine he has done ok and I think he's a very good signing and his best is yet to come.

I wonder if we all expect the same from Milford. Brilliance from day 1.

Given the discontent which has been with us more than less since Bennett left, we expect so much of our signings to rescue the team which, realistically, needs more than one or two individuals.

Having said that, I am expecting Milford and Barba both to destroy every team we play from day 1, 2015

Milford got a lot of comparison to an in form Barba but after watching that highlight video, Id describe him more as a Barba-sized Jarryd Hayne.

The foot work, passing, and explosiveness looks very Hayne like.

Excited to see what Bennett does with a team consisting of Barba and Milf. I suspect Barba will get back to close to his best.

Barba had a hot season in '12 and he's had a quiet season this year. I predict if we stick with him it'll even out to a form that's somewhere in the middle. Definitely worth persevering with, especially if he has another hot season. Jarryd was in his peak for the first time since '09 this year.

Milford got a lot of comparison to an in form Barba but after watching that highlight video, Id describe him more as a Barba-sized Jarryd Hayne.

The foot work, passing, and explosiveness looks very Hayne like.

Excited to see what Bennett does with a team consisting of Barba and Milf. I suspect Barba will get back to close to his best.

Barba had a hot season in '12 and he's had a quiet season this year. I predict if we stick with him it'll even out to a form that's somewhere in the middle. Definitely worth persevering with, especially if he has another hot season. Jarryd was in his peak for the first time since '09 this year.

Good points and I agree with you. What I particularly like about both of them is that they use their instincts. That can't be taught. They just "see" an opportunity and exploit it with, as you say, footwork, passing and explosiveness. It's what made Locky so so good.

The trick then is to build the team around that, like having the proper support which is why I liked the way Croker and milford worked so well together. And of course, Parker's offloading with Milford and Barba ... and Copley.

That was what really disappointed me about Hook. He didn't really build structures and shape around our strengths which I am sure Wayne will really focus on.

Can't wait for 2015

Yeah he certainly isn't great under the high ball, not that that was ever debated.

That has nothing to do with the fact that you claimed barba was terrible on defence when that is clearly wrong.

He who posts facepalms waives the right to whinge about snotty jibes

If you read my earlier comment again, it's plain to see that the face palm was directed towards Barba's efforts or lack thereof under the high ball ......not towards your comment.

Anyway let's move on, we don't want to get you all riled up again.

The positioning under kicks and the ability to take them and be safe, plays a large part of a fullbacks defensive game. IMO, one can not claim Barba to be a good defensive fullback and then ignore some of the disgraceful attempts at catching kicks that he did this year. I might be wrong, but part of the reason that Hoffman and Barba swapped positions late in the season was because Barba had become a complete liability at the back.

Barba was certainly having a few consecutive games well below par defensively, and albeit he has never been great under the high ball, he is otherwise a very good defensive fullback.
Catching bombs is important, but positioning, speed and the ability to stop a try by putting the body on the line, doing a great tackle or even just blocking a put down, are as important... and he generally excels at all of those.

I think the swap with Hoffman was more for his ineptitude to create anything at all at 5/8, and to give the team something more on that front. It also helped that Hoffman is one of the best defensive fullbacks in the NRL.

If you read my earlier comment again, it's plain to see that the face palm was directed towards Barba's efforts or lack thereof under the high ball ......not towards your comment.

Anyway let's move on, we don't want to get you all riled up again.

The positioning under kicks and the ability to take them and be safe, plays a large part of a fullbacks defensive game. IMO, one can not claim Barba to be a good defensive fullback and then ignore some of the disgraceful attempts at catching kicks that he did this year. I might be wrong, but part of the reason that Hoffman and Barba swapped positions late in the season was because Barba had become a complete liability at the back.

Fair enough mate and it's probably my fault for taking your facepalm wrong. If I knew how to do the handshake emoticon on my phone I would do that lol

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • Skyblues87
  • Morkel
  • Allo
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Foordy
  • Cavalo
  • Battler
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Broncosgirl
  • LittleDavey
  • winslow_wong
  • Johnny92
  • Dash
  • Rowdy124
  • broncotville
  • KateBroncos1812
  • BroncosAlways
  • Old Mate
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.