[Official] - Milford signs with Broncos

Definitely a win-win for the player, kudos to the players association (assuming they were the force behind the rule change)

However until they abolish the stupid June 30 rule, the rule means very little to clubs and fans alike.

Just wondering though, can clubs insert an enforceable unconditional "No 30th June Break" clause in the contract?

We had to wait until the 30th of June for Milf, during that time Canberra threw everything bar the keys to parliament

wasn't a rule change but clarification. there never was a rule about it.

Milford signed a contract with us for 2014 and sought to exercise a right in his contract with the Raiders to terminate if his father was sick.

Raiders disputed his exercise of that right was valid. i.e. they said that his father was perfectly well. Notwithstanding that this wasn't in the best interest of the player, and is inherently abhorrent.

The precise wording of the clause giving Milford that right would be absolutely determinative of the issue.

The precise wording was never released to the media, to the fans or probably not even the Broncos. So I don't know what his contract said.

NRL never expressed a view in public about whether they would register the Milford 2014 Broncos contract. No doubt in private they held their reservations but left the Broncos and Raiders to sort it out.

Nevertheless, no doubt Milford thought the risk of sitting on the side lines for 2014 outweighed the benefit of legal action testing his right to terminate and his ability to play for the Broncos for 2014.

The rest is history, Raiders runners up for the spoon behind the ASADA cheats, Ricky's an idiot, 2015 is almost upon us and his obstanance served no-one but to prove a bizaare egotistical point, or the bizaare hope that somehow in the first 6 months of 2014 they could convince Milford to stay (which in itself was completely reliant on the idea he was lying in the first place about his father and actually was purely financially motived - way to build trust in your playing group).

...And the Broncos made the finals without Milford anyway and struck gold with Ben Hunt, Dale Copley, Daniel Vidot and the rest of our other home grown players.

So **** you Ricky Stuart and Don Furner.

..and in the meantime they've had the following walk out on contracts with them:

Sisa Waqa
James Tedesco
Kevin Proctor
Josh Mansour
Michael Ennis?

...and their most notable home grown talent drank his own piss in a nightclub.

...and they persist with Terry Campese, Don Furner and Ricky Stuart as the cornerstones of their club.

..and in the meantime they've had the following walk out on contracts with them:

Sisa Waqa
James Tedesco
Kevin Proctor
Josh Mansour
Michael Ennis?

...and their most notable home grown talent drank his own piss in a nightclub.

...and they persist with Terry Campese, Don Furner and Ricky Stuart as the cornerstones of their club.

Wait, Waqa backed out? When did this happen?

Thanks for the memories Canberra
270c.png
#homesweethome

Can't wait to see him run out for us next year.

Hopefully Barba will be over his fitness issues and back to full confidence by then, and the pair can form a deadly combination

No one else noticed that the timing of us moving Barba to 6 was shortly followed by Milford to 6? Call me paranoid, but looks to me like Sticky was fucking with Milford's development just to spite him & us.

No one else noticed that the timing of us moving Barba to 6 was shortly followed by Milford to 6? Call me paranoid, but looks to me like Sticky was fucking with Milford's development just to spite him & us.

I think you are paranoid, Milford moved to 6 at the Raiders because McCrone and Campese were shithouse.

There were easier ways for Sticky to **** with Milfs development, it was called not playing him at all.

^ agree. campese and mccrone were to the point of being legitimately embarassing in the halves.

I think you are paranoid, Milford moved to 6 at the Raiders because McCrone and Campese were shithouse.

There were easier ways for Sticky to **** with Milfs development, it was called not playing him at all.

Yeah but they were shithouse all year. If it was a matter of needing a better half, why play Cornish off the bench for so long?

Yeah but they were shithouse all year. If it was a matter of needing a better half, why play Cornish off the bench for so long?

Idk, why did Griffin persist with Hoffman at 5/8th for so long? Coaches make strange decisions.

I think most people agree that Stuart left it so long with Cornish but some people are stubborn.

My gut feel is that he realised they were no longer a chance of making the final 8 so it was time to try something different.

End of the day Milford got NRL another year of NRL experience at 2 positions which was great for us.

Idk, why did Griffin persist with Hoffman at 5/8th for so long? Coaches make strange decisions.

I think most people agree that Stuart left it so long with Cornish but some people are stubborn.

My gut feel is that he realised they were no longer a chance of making the final 8 so it was time to try something different.

End of the day Milford got NRL another year of NRL experience at 2 positions which was great for us.

Praise Stuart!

b4l wasn't summing up your post, he was just making a comment based on the last line.

I agree with you, I don't think Stuart had any concerns to screw with the Broncos - rather he was forced into a corner since Campo suffered an injury and shifting Milford from fullback suited the team at that time.

Was a good call albeit, far too late for the Raiders.

Active Now

• marw
  • broncsgoat
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.