[Official] - Milford signs with Broncos

Whether at 5/8 or fullback, the defense of Milford will be a problem no matter where he is. It can be changed, though. I'm just hoping he is not another victim of the beef up policy. His speed and footwork are his best assets.

Glad to hear Milford will improve his defense. I've always thought tackling was something that can be worked on.

Quick question though - what makes him different to guys like Nikorima, Strasser etc? Apparently those guys can't disgrace a Broncos jersey until their defense is top notch in the lower grades. A bit of a double standard, I reckon.

I don't know about Strasser but Nikorimas problem is he is a runner the same as Hoffman

Anthony Milford is leagues ahead of both as a football player. It wasn't just defence that held them out of the top grade, it was facets across the park, defence was just used against them because if you gave them ago not only would they screw up the offence but they'd also be utter turnstiles while doing it.

I've watched NYC games where Nikorima has had better opportunities than Hoffman to pass the ball where the try was well and truly on and he's just dummied and gone himself and that's at a much lower standard of play.

Last edited:
After watching Kodi lately, he is nowhere near ready for a first grade stint. He was very ordinary in both attack and defense, so was Jayden. Taylor on the other hand, he is not far off. Still has a lot of work to do, though.

Milford seems to be getting the same treatment as Slater pre-undoubtedly-the-best-fullback-in-the-world-era around here lately - people nit-picking at every tiny perceived flaw and saying it makes him rubbish, overlooking the fact that for every 1 time he makes the wrong decision he goes and does a dozen great things that no other player in the game could do.

Its convenient because when he continues this great form for us (hopefully), it will be all because of bennett fixing up his game :rolleyes:

Its convenient because when he continues this great form for us (hopefully), it will be all because of bennett fixing up his game :rolleyes:

And not because Hook ruined his attacking flair like everyone on here was worried would happen? Jeez guys. Can't win.

And not because Hook ruined his attacking flair like everyone on here was worried would happen? Jeez guys. Can't win.

We'll never know. TBH, hook and bennett have the same game plans and structure. Very forward oriented, no adlib footy, and exciting playmakers are usually stifled. I think both hook and bennett would run a good chance of ruining milfords career tbh.

We'll never know. TBH, hook and bennett have the same game plans and structure. Very forward oriented, no adlib footy, and exciting playmakers are usually stifled. I think both hook and bennett would run a good chance of ruining milfords career tbh.

Yeah Bennett probably will ruin Milford like he did with Lockyer, Sailor, Tuqiri, Hancock, Renouf, Alfie, Karmichael, Hodges, Chris Walker and Carne. **** those guys were boring.

Suggesting Wayne Bennett could or would ruin Anthony Milfords career because of his game plan or coaching style is right up there with the stupidest things I have read on this forum. If anything the Bennett Ball game plan will give Milford ample chance to impose himself in games.

Yeah Bennett probably will ruin Milford like he did with Lockyer, Sailor, Tuqiri, Han****, Renouf, Alfie, Karmichael, Hodges, Chris Walker and Carne. **** those guys were boring.

I know what you mean, damn we were a boring side under Bennett, never an exciting moment and not a single player improved under him, when a team can run 10 metres to get out of the ingoal, shift it out wide and turn being caught deep near your tryline into one of the best grand final tries of all times you know your going to be bored shitless.

Last edited:

FMD....

Yeah I'm not sure Queenslander remembers the old Broncos too well. Could turn it on when needed, but grind it out if that was the game.

I think I can almost remember when we had a set move. I think we might have had 2 or 3 actually.

Yeah I'm not sure Queenslander remembers the old Broncos too well. Could turn it on when needed, but grind it out if that was the game.

I think I can almost remember when we had a set move. I think we might have had 2 or 3 actually.

It's funny actually, I remember in the early days (1988-1990)the Broncos were bagged for being all flair and not capable of handling the grind, Bennett addressed that by bringing in two of the best forwards in Gillmeister and Lazarus and that is what a great coach does, he gets the side play to their strengths and improves the problem areas, he doesn't get them to play a style of football that they really aren't suited for, that's why the Broncos changed the style of how they played the game in 2000, they didn't have the flair like they did in the past, instead they had the forward power and bigger stronger backs, they won a premiership from doing so and did again in 2006.

Pretty sure all the Storm set plays currently known as "Bellamy plays" were done by the Broncos years before he went to the Storm too.

Pretty sure all the Storm set plays currently known as "Bellamy plays" were done by the Broncos years before he went to the Storm too.

It's up there with the exciting new forward ball movement of the Bulldogs of recent times that was being done by the Toowoomba Clydesdales back in the early first half of last century.

Active Now

• lynx000
  • Strop
  • Broncorob
  • PNG Broncos fan88
  • Xzei
  • Rambstien
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • ChewThePhatt
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • phoenix
  • Harry Sack
  • Fitzy
  • Financeguy
  • pennywisealfie
  • Aldo
  • sooticus
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.