[Official] - Milford signs with Broncos

We'll never know. TBH, hook and bennett have the same game plans and structure. Very forward oriented, no adlib footy, and exciting playmakers are usually stifled. I think both hook and bennett would run a good chance of ruining milfords career tbh.

Yeah an imposing forward pack. Must be hell for a half to play behind. No wonder locky, longer et al were so stifled

When was the last time a Bennett coached team threw the ball around, the last few games of 2006? Before that it was 1998, when we had the Australian and Queensland team as our starting 13.

Anyone denying that griffin-ball is just Bennett-ball with a different coach is blind.

I recall hearing that our 2008 side scored more tries from their own half than any other that year.

I can't find anywhere that lists that stat, but highlights from that season include a lot of long distance tries.

I guess some people have forgotten just how dangerous Broncos were from their own half and in the opposition 20 in 2008...

You guys calling my memory selective... Lol ok

i remember, vividly, in his last years at the broncos Bennett changed how we played and more importantly how the people on this forum reacted. It was boring, but it worked. We had our "go to" back line play, which is still in effect at the knights now, and the rest of our game plan was out muscling the other team in the middle until they ran out of puff. It worked, but as a whole it wasn't that exciting. We lost a lot of exciting players, and we had to revert to more simple stuff. That's fine, but I just don't think that will work with someone like Milford who needs to be able to play what he sees, not follow a set structure. U only need to look at barba for an example.

It's more because Barba is being forced to play away from his strengths by playing more like a half.

Same will likely happen to Milford if he doesn't play fullback (and like a fullback).

i remember, vividly, in his last years at the broncos Bennett changed how we played and more importantly how the people on this forum reacted. It was boring, but it worked. We had our "go to" back line play, which is still in effect at the knights now, and the rest of our game plan was out muscling the other team in the middle until they ran out of puff. It worked, but as a whole it wasn't that exciting. We lost a lot of exciting players, and we had to revert to more simple stuff. That's fine, but I just don't think that will work with someone like Milford who needs to be able to play what he sees, not follow a set structure. U only need to look at barba for an example.

Milfs been going alright for the Raiders though, so in essence Stuart would be a better coach for Milford than Bennett because Stuart has zero structure ? ( and coaching ability )
I can see Bennett utilising Milford the right way but only time will tell. Can't be any worse than how he is at the raiders currently though

Last edited:

So you have basically admitted that Bennett can and will change his game plan to suit the players he has, but suggest he won't do that for Milford.

Right.

Yeap, Bennett sure couldn't get the side playing exciting football in his last season before leaving for the Dragons.

That's 6 boring minutes I'll never get back again :P

Last edited by a moderator:
Denan Kemp's 2008 highlight vid is longer than the entire Broncos 2008 one, lol.

Error Page

So after all of the innuendo about the November rule. The NRL has confirmed what the website says that the rule is a myth.

Milford should sign a contract with the Raiders for 2017 then reneg on June 30 next year.

Definitely a win-win for the player, kudos to the players association (assuming they were the force behind the rule change)

However until they abolish the stupid June 30 rule, the rule means very little to clubs and fans alike.

Just wondering though, can clubs insert an enforceable unconditional "No 30th June Break" clause in the contract?

We had to wait until the 30th of June for Milf, during that time Canberra threw everything bar the keys to parliament

Active Now

• Mick_Hancock
  • levikaden
  • FACTHUNT
  • mystico
  • TimWhatley
  • Skathen
  • ChewThePhatt
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Canga
  • Johnny92
  • Foordy
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • cento
  • Locky24
  • broncsgoat
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.