[Official] - Milford signs with Broncos

Taylor has a lot of potential but his also pretty young and only recently hit the under 20's scene and didn't play a lot of the 2013 season, I'd give him time in the Queensland Cup before considering him ready for first grade, I think if Griffin is going to go down the path of a youngster it will be something with at least Qld Cup experience.

Last edited:
The trials become very interesting to see what combinations are tested.

Barba/Hunt
Strasser/Hunt
Hunt/Taylor

There is significant noise that Milford will still find his way to us for the 2014 season.

I have been stalking this forum for months to get any info on the Milford saga and decided I'd better join a forum on my beloved broncos! Stoked to see Milford in 2015 but why all the sad faces. We have plenty of play makers who can step up next year. I believe Ashley Taylor will get the shot first, remind me of Allan langer as he has loads of potential

Welcome Chriss, love your attitude and glad you decided to join us here. I'm with you and think there is so much to be excited about, if nothing else it is good to see the sleeping giant of the broncos has finally awoken and they are doing everything possible to rectify our worst year ever.

As for Taylor, in the limited amount of games I have seen him play I have been very impressed, he seems to have great vision.

Exciting times ahead I feel

I'm a bit sceptical of us getting Milford for 2014, the Raiders seem like the sort of club that will keep him for 2014 purely to spite the Broncos.

I see Barba at Five-Eighth and Hunt at Halfback (IF Hoffman stays)
I see Strasser at Five-Eighth and Hunt at Halfback (IF Hoffman leaves)

I've heard that Canberra will release Milf for 2014 if the Broncos pay for all of his development costs.
I've got no idea how much that is but I gather it would add up pretty fast.

I don't care how much we have to pay, whatever it takes to get Milford here next year, make it happen!

I'm a bit sceptical of us getting Milford for 2014, the Raiders seem like the sort of club that will keep him for 2014 purely to spite the Broncos.

I see Barba at Five-Eighth and Hunt at Halfback (IF Hoffman stays)
I see Strasser at Five-Eighth and Hunt at Halfback (IF Hoffman leaves)

Could be the case..

But, The Bulldogs also said they would not release Barba until they locked up a suitable replacement.
That lasted about a week.

IMO, Barba must play fullback, and should not be considered an option for the halves. He's proved so damaging at fullback.
Personally, if Milford doesn't come next season. Strasser 5/8, Hunt 7 and Barba 1 is our best option.

I've heard that Canberra will release Milf for 2014 if the Broncos pay for all of his development costs.
I've got no idea how much that is but I gather it would add up pretty fast.

Sure as long as they pass us for developing TLL, Robinson and Baptiste.

no raiders fans wante the club to do everything they can to get him to change his mind by rd 13 and if not well get the most out of him while he is here.

Have you actually read any of the media reports on the Milford signing and the direct quotes from Milfords manager?

Milford can not change his mind. That clause was removed from the contract.

The only way he can stay at the Raiders for 2015, is for the Broncos to agree to release him from his contract.

Could be the case..

But, The Bulldogs also said they would not release Barba until they locked up a suitable replacement.
That lasted about a week.

IMO, Barba must play fullback, and should not be considered an option for the halves. He's proved so damaging at fullback.
Personally, if Milford doesn't come next season. Strasser 5/8, Hunt 7 and Barba 1 is our best option.
Agreed, we seem to have a heap of untested halves and one decent fullback. Hate the idea if Barba at 5/8 and Hoffman at the back refusing to pass again.

Agreed, we seem to have a heap of untested halves and one decent fullback. Hate the idea if Barba at 5/8 and Hoffman at the back refusing to pass again.

If you ask, where did we struggle last year? Well, lots of areas.

But if you narrow it to key points it's:

-Lack of size in the forwards
-Lack of speed in the back-line
-Lack of creativity at fullback
-Lack of support play

Barba at fullback fixes 3 of these issues.

Have you actually read any of the media reports on the Milford signing and the direct quotes from Milfords manager?
Remember though this is the same manager who thought Milfs escape clause was iron clad:laugh:

It doesn't matter if we have to wait till 2015.

We have just signed the best young talent in the game, in a key position.

Milford will be at the Broncos for the next 10-12 years.

I'm pretty sure the Broncos would've insisted on a contract with no get out clauses.

Active Now

• Alec
  • Broncosgirl
  • Xzei
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Aldo
  • Lurker
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Harry Sack
  • Mr Fourex
  • broncos4life
  • Wolfie
  • kman
  • barker
  • Morkel
  • Griffo
  • BroncosAlways
  • Sproj
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.