[Official] - Milford signs with Broncos

Geez, I hope these articles in the CM aren't accurate. Milford is going to be an absolute superstar - that much is clear. Fingers crossed this is all just a beat up. . .

Geez, I hope these articles in the CM aren't accurate. Milford is going to be an absolute superstar - that much is clear. Fingers crossed this is all just a beat up. . .

What articles

Is that what you think has happened or do you have inside info mate?

So if they released him why did he have to stay this year?

They released him on the condition he resigned for 2014. This way canberra and milford dont have a legal battle which could take 6 months to resolve and he has to sit out and wait

Well if your story is true, that's awesome, if not it's a fantastic conspiracy theory. Either way, well done!

I'll believe it when I see Milford running on the field wearing Broncos colours. Until then, let the speculation flourish.

But Milford didn't "re-sign" with the Raiders, he just honoured the final year of the contract. And wasn't there a whole big thing about how the Raiders snuck in the news of him playing with them first, before the Broncos announced he signed with them in 2015?

Edit: Sorry, I figured out what he was getting at with the re-signing. Don't mind me.

Last edited:
But Milford didn't "re-sign" with the Raiders, he just honoured the final year of the contract. And wasn't there a whole big thing about how the Raiders snuck in the news of him playing with them first, before the Broncos announced he signed with them in 2015?

Playing Devil's advocate, the 'honouring the final year' could be bullshit-speak for merely agreeing to play in 2014. As to the Raiders jumping in before Brisbane, maybe they did that just in case they thought Milford might do the sneaky and sign for Brisbane for 2014 now that he'd just been 'released'.

I am still of the view that either way, we win in this scenario. If Milf stays with us, we have probably the games greatest young prospect on our books. if he backflips, Canberra severely handicap themselves cap wise while we capitalize on the situation at Manly to make a big play for DCE.

This is what happened. Last year when Milford wanted to use his get out clause which he had, an agreement between Milford and Canberra was made in regards to yes there is a get out clause but we want you to stay and dont want a legal battle or you to sit out the year. Better situation for everybody involved. So Canberra regretfully released Milford for 2014. He then signed with the broncos first for 2015. Canberra deal was as long as he re signed a new contract for 2014 on more $ to what you are on.

By releasing him first broncos can sign him with out the clause as he is not registered (which is what has been said by the Ayoub) and what ricky means by our end of the bargain

This was all done by Canberra to save face due to all the player issues of the past year

this is why the broncos media release (2015) was first and the raiders the next day(2014)
the days the contracts were sent to the nrl
:rofl:

Why not just allow the Broncos to register him as per the round 13 rule allows, so many holes in this :laugh:

They released him on the condition he resigned for 2014. This way canberra and milford dont have a legal battle which could take 6 months to resolve and he has to sit out and wait

Ok, so is that how they have gotten around this round 13 stuff? As in the contract is already registered because the raiders technically released him? Is that what ayoub meant by the clause being gone?

Are you suggesting Canberra signed him to a 1 year deal separate from the contract that Milf already had with the clause to leave whenever he liked? Why would Milf readily give that up if it was legally iron clad?

I'm confident he will stay. Bring on the Milf!!

As for The Raiders, scummy bastards.

IMO, he would be crazy not to come here rather than stay hidden away in a cold dark place where nobody ever sees him play.

Simply put, he gets to come back to QLD, he gets to play for the best NRL club that attracts the biggest crowds and is shown regular on FTA. Fans will get to see how good Milf actually is and his earning potential and popularity will sky rocket.

Last edited:
IMO, he would be crazy would be crazy not to come here. Rather than stay hidden away in a cold dark place where nobody ever sees him play.

Simply put, he gets to come back to QLD, he gets to play for the best NRL club that attracts the biggest crowds and is shown regular on FTA. Fans will get to see how good Milf actually is and his earning potential and poularity will sky rocket.

To be honest, if I was him I'd probably take the $1M+ a season that the Faders are offering. That salary is absolutely ridiculous, and you'd think he could convince them to make it go up as he gets better with age and experience (as long as Ricky stays there).

To be honest, if I was him I'd probably take the $1M+ a season that the Faders are offering. That salary is absolutely ridiculous, and you'd think he could convince them to make it go up as he gets better with age and experience (as long as Ricky stays there).

Don't give the Milf Ideas

Has there been a direct quote from the Raiders saying they are offering him $1m+ or is it just coming from some dbag reporter?

The media have proven they will say anything to generate traffic/sales eg. McKinnon being a quadraplegic.

Even if the figure is true, I believe there's a larger capacity for the Milf to make money at the Broncs long term due to reasons previously mentioned.

That and he gets to live where he grew up, play in front of more than 12 ppl each week and actually have a chance at a premiership.

Active Now

• RolledOates
  • lynx000
  • Galah
  • Manofoneway
  • Mister Wright
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Xzei
  • GCBRONCO
  • Sproj
  • Waynesaurus
  • winslow_wong
  • BruiserMk1
  • Brotherdu
  • Brocko
  • broncos4life
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • FACTHUNT
  • Midean
  • Bucking Beads
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.