[Official] - Milford signs with Broncos

i would be very suprised if hoffman is with us next year tbh although im not sure were he will go now that it seems bulldogs arnt interested in him any more.

im also confident barba will find some good form still . i feel sorry for the bloke he hasnt actually played badly hes been pretty good actually. its just that we all no what hes capable of so it puts incredible expectation on him. i think he will deliver soon though and wouldnt suprise me if he has a big game against the eels tonight

As a raiders fan.

I would prefer to see him poached from QLD.

Then I would like to watch:-
- Andrew Gee try and conduct a homesickness scheme to get him at the broncos in 2014, only to watch it fail and see the funny stuff that gets written on here and the courier mail about it.
- Then watch milford sign a contract with his hometown club only to take a dump on the contract because he comes to his senses and decides to say with the club that has looked after him and his career thus far.

But then maybe it won't happen, maybe he will end up at the broncos and I can have fun booing him.

As a Broncos fan, I can't wait to see us finish ahead of the Raiders on the ladder AGAIN this year, even without Milford...

Next year I can't wait to hear the howls of anguish from butt hurt Raiders fans such as yourself when we have Milford as well and are genuine premiership contenders, whilst Raiders continue to plod along in and around 13th, the position on the ladder their team appears best suited to...

if we do manage to have milford here next year ill be surprised if he wears any other number besides 6. if we were going to use him as fullback then surely griffin would have barba at 6 this year and the hoff to fullback wich is his preffered position.

Or......Griffin is trying to make Hoffman our long term 5/8 with Milford being used as a utility off the bench or possibly halfback depending on how Hunt goes.

I wouldn't exactly rule out the possibility.

dont say such things oh the horror!. lol but yea griffin has done some perplexing things but surely he wouldnt do that. in any case i guess its just a wait and see . im actually impressed with hunt tbh always been a fan.

one thing hes always had imo is great vision hes able to see spaces and normally chooses the right option its just his execution that has let him down. but execution can be fixed with a tone of training and practice and confidence and you cant teach vision wich is why i think hunt has a bright future

I'd take
1. Barba
2. Vidot
3. Hoffman
4. Hodges
5. Copley
6. Milford
7. Hunt

Yep, that's what I'd take.

I think Milford has already proven to us this year that he has a phenomenal kicking and passing game, to go along with his running game, he's going to be a great half with a full pre-season refining his skills.

:rofl:

Why not just allow the Broncos to register him as per the round 13 rule allows, so many holes in this :laugh:

Canberra knew he was gone for 2015 anyway Milford said release me now as per clause, canberra said prove it couldnt come to a agreement and no legal battle wanted by both parties. New contract for 2014 with out clause so Milford cant just walk out during 2014..

Or......Griffin is trying to make Hoffman our long term 5/8 with Milford being used as a utility off the bench or possibly halfback depending on how Hunt goes.

umm..I would......that is ludicrous

Don't give him any ideas.

6. Milford
7. Hunt

No questions asked.

Watching Barba play this year Milf at fullback and Hoff at 5/8 mightn't be that bad an idea

Watching Barba play this year Milf at fullback and Hoff at 5/8 mightn't be that bad an idea

Hoffman at 5/8? Don't make me laugh. Anyone but Hoffman.

Barba is a weapon who Hook has no idea how to use. Sure, he looks flat, but still. The game plan sucks, and will be exposed as it was tonight, by quality opposition.

Hoffman at 5/8? Don't make me laugh. Anyone but Hoffman.

Barba is a weapon who Hook has no idea how to use. Sure, he looks flat, but still. The game plan sucks, and will be exposed as it was tonight, by quality opposition.

Absolutely this !!!

Barba is being wasted with our flatfooted style of attack .... he needs to feed of ball movemement out wide with outside guys running angles and creating holes in the defensive line.

Hoffman has to go as 5/8 too .... he offers nothing more than an extra runner.

Kahu said on radio that he's expected back between 4 - 6 weeks though .... and i don't think we can wait that long.

Absolutely this !!!

Barba is being wasted with our flatfooted style of attack .... he needs to feed of ball movemement out wide with outside guys running angles and creating holes in the defensive line.

Hoffman has to go as 5/8 too .... he offers nothing more than an extra runner.

Kahu said on radio that he's expected back between 4 - 6 weeks though .... and i don't think we can wait that long.

Absolutely this.

The Hoff comment was more a joke but geez Barba's overrated for what he's done, he's had one good year (exceptional granted but behind an awesome forward pack with ball skills) the rest of his career has been poor to average.

The Hoff comment was more a joke but geez Barba's overrated for what he's done, he's had one good year (exceptional granted but behind an awesome forward pack with ball skills) the rest of his career has been poor to average.

Er yeah.

15 tries from 20 games in his first full season of NRL in 2010.

Equal leading top try scorer in 2011 with 23 tries for the season.

Dally M winner in 2012 plus leading try scorer in the NRL and named 18th man for Qld Origin side.

Drama plagued 2013 season but still scored 10 tries from 17 games played.

That isn't 'poor to average' by any means.

Considering the dogs were looking to replace him with Dugan at the end of 2011 I'll trust my own eyes and Haslers instead of tries scored thanks.

Adrian Purtell scored a fair few tries over his injury plagued career and he was poor to below average

Last edited:

Active Now

• blacknwhite
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Sproj
  • Financeguy
  • broncsgoat
  • Bucking Beads
  • Broncorob
  • Fozz
  • RodF
  • NSW stables
  • jd87
  • Browny
  • bb_gun
  • sooticus
  • Jazza
  • Battler
  • Johnny92
  • Big Del
  • I bleed Maroon
... and 24 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.