Official Queensland Side For Game 1

Re: Leaked Queensland Side For Game 1

If the two sides are named as leaked, it should be an interesting match-up. QLD will have a lot more size but NSW has a more mobile pack and I imagine would try to run our big blokes around to tire them out, a-la last year and the year before.

If Cronk sits out for his tackle lastnight (should NOT happen IMO but wouldn't be surprised) DCE slots straight in and I think will rise to the occasion, that kid is going to be one of the greats with the way he harnesses pressure to lift both himself and his team.

I'll admit I'd love to see Barba coming off the bench how Cronk used to, although maybe not the first game. He should be there at some point this series, without a doubt.

As far as the bench...there's a stack of players jostling for those spots and I don't think there's a great deal between any of them really. McGuire, Teo, Gillett, Parker, Kennedy, Big Papi, McQueen - none would really look out of place and I think they will all get games in future. Parker for mine is an 80-minute workhorse, which is well covered by Harrison...I'd probably like to see one of the young guys get a run off the bench ahead of him TBH...partly to blood them for the future and partly cuz the Broncs need him playing for us haha...

Should be close again this year. I was nervous last year, definitely am again. We should let them have a series sooner or later, right....?

................nah **** that!! QUEENSLANDER!!!

Only change I'd have would be Papali instead of Kennedy, apart from that it looks fine, if Cronk can't play DCE will step right in and do just as good a job, imo.

I don't rate David Shillington what does everyone on here think of him.

I wouldn't go as far to say I don't rate him but yeah, it's not a good indictment of QLD stocks when he is the number 2 front rower.

NSW future almost across the park in players is greater than QLD's.

FTR ....I think Gillett's inclusion is a mistake. His arm grabbing defence will cost QLD at some stage of the game.

Papalii would be by far a better option.

Boyd has picked up an injury. He has ice on his calf by the looks of it.

Posted a quote earlier that contradicts that - that's good enough for me.

Besides, it's not like Kennedy was born and raised Queenslander.

Moved to Ipswich at 8 and played all his football for Norths, Jets and IGS. Before going to the Roosters.

I wasn't questioning his eligibility - just stating a fact.

NRL.com have named Ash Graham as probable replacement for Boyd. Interesting, I was thinking about this before, would probably have named Neilsen and maybe have him swap with Inglis between centre and wing.

Ashley Graham, that's just depressing.

What about Nielsen or Chambers?

How's he going to run from Te'o?

Leaked Queensland Side For Game 1

Will Chambers would be my pick. Then O'Neill and then Ash. I can see the appeal though - Inglis creates so many chances we just need someone who can finish them.

Queenslands winger outside of inglis only needs to be a finisher. Ash Graham is the best finisher in the game. makes sense.

i cant remember a single one of boyds like 10 origin tries where he did anything other than catch the ball off an inglis pass and put it down over the line untouched.

Active Now

• broncos4life
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • RolledOates
  • Dreaglor
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Bucking Beads
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Dash
  • bb_gun
  • Battler
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.