Official Queensland Side For Game 1

Re: Leaked Queensland Side For Game 1

Far point

Gagai on the wing would be alright. Chambers , Edrick Lee are options as well. They could throw Barba on a wing but it is risky.

Gagai would be my pick. I can see Edrick Lee being a great QLD winger in the near future, but it's probably too early yet.

Will Chambers, he's the successor to Hodges when he retires.

He can replace Boyd.

Word out of Qld headquarters is that Alwyn Simpson has been called in as standby for Darius Boyd. Has just been confirmed by CNN.

That's pretty random.

I like the idea of Barba. He's a future origin player. As winger outside inglis.. Wow

Word out of Qld headquarters is that Alwyn Simpson has been called in as standby for Darius Boyd. Has just been confirmed by CNN.

Who?

Or are you joking?

I would be surprised to see Barba picked on the wing. Don't think he's ever been selected there at a senior level and throwing him in, at a packed ANZ stadium doesn't sound like a good initiation.

Mal will probably either select Ash Graham or Will Chambers.

Stating the obvious a bit with both statements.. but QLD will go with the tried and true for Game I. Especially considering it's down in Sydney, they're not keen on blooding rookies on enemy territory unless they really have to.

In regards to the wing spot, reckon they'll go with either O'Neill or Graham.

And I know Josh McGuire's form hasn't been great but I'd love to see him given a shot at Origin level. Reckon he'd thrive and go to another level.

Lastly, spoke to Des Morris on the radio the other day and he was asked about Slater/Inglis and whether Greg's form has placed pressure on Billy. Said they'll line up in the same positions as they have been (makes sense) but he did drop the phrase "although, Mal is an innovative coach" - so, thinking we'll see Inglis pop up at fullback/through the middle of the field at various times during the game. Which would be a really good move.

Slater to wing - Inglis to fullback - Chambers in the centres anyone?

Graham would be one of the best QLD players to never make Origin IMO

O'Neill hasn't been that great this year. He has speed to burn and I thought he was one to watch last year.

Interesting -- that article implies that McQueen will be picked ahead of Kennedy.

I find that crazy. I think we need 2 props on the bench plus Parker.

Active Now

• broncos4life
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • RolledOates
  • Dreaglor
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Bucking Beads
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Dash
  • bb_gun
  • Battler
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.