Official Queensland Side For Game 1

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Re: Leaked Queensland Side For Game 1

It's an opportunity to either give a future star some experience in the side (Gagai, Edrick) or just go with a good defensive winger, because you don't exactly need many attacking skills to play outside Inglis. So please no Graham.

QUEENSLANDER

QUEENSLANDER

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008

Slater to wing - Inglis to fullback - Chambers in the centres anyone?

This! That is exactly what i thought when boyd went down. Inglis is in sensational form and slater can pop up and be awesome from wing anyway. But more realistically i would love for them to put chambers on the wing

They have basically said its o'niell in the team if boyd is out, but jesus, do they not remember what happened 3 weeks ago when ferguson last met oniell? The kid cant defend, he cant read a play and now hes going to be marking up against a morris / ferguson combo? This scares the hell out of me.

Inglis needs to either spend some time at fullback OR, on the 5th tackle, he switch to wing and drop. Let slater defuse the bombs etc (hes better at that anyway) but then he can just pass to inglis to get those big runs happening. Inglis is wasted in the QLD team at centre as he gets no time and no room to wind up. I cant be the only one that thought Inglis at fullback running full speed at carney and pearce last year was one of my favourite origin memories. He TERRORISED them.

TLDR; O'niell should be nowhere near this team. We dont have to pick a winger (oniell is playing centre anyway!!). Chuck chambers on the wing. The guy is rock solid in Defence and has a brilliant understanding with the other storm players

QUEENSLANDER

QUEENSLANDER

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008

Also shocked that Papalii will miss out. Although, i read somewhere that he has electe to play for samoa, or tonga or wherever hes from, in the world cup as a tribute to the Nth Qld player that died recently. This would make him ineligible for QLD this year and would have to wait a certain amount of time to be able to be picked for the maroons again

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013

I'm EXTREMELY worried if we pick O'Neill, Chambers, Lee, Barba are all better defenders and probably more crafty in attack.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011

I'm EXTREMELY worried if we pick O'Neill, Chambers, Lee, Barba are all better defenders and probably more crafty in attack.

Yeah, I'm really worried about oneill if he gets picked, he'll get carved up IMO. Chambers or barba should be the only choices. I would be tempted to put barba in there to give him a taste, as I don't think putting him into the utility role in the future would work. Besides if we are going to give anyone an introduction through the utility role ala Cronk, then that would be DCE

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012

Slater to wing - Inglis to fullback - Chambers in the centres anyone?

Yes please........even if Boyd was still going to play I've been wishing for this.

Slater could slot in and make a very good winger. Tate & Hodges in the centres.........Boyd and Billy on the wing.

How would you be if you were Maloney or Pearce and were trying to decide who to kick it to......Inglis or Slater. Shhiiitttttt!!!!!

Darius would be getting a lot of ball.

Inglis is the most damaging / best player in the world at the moment. He's lept to these heights since moving to fullback last year.

I know we won't ...but we are crazy not to capitalise on it.

QUEENSLANDER

QUEENSLANDER

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008

Just pick Papa please!!!!!!!!!
bigpapa_zpsa6de9f27.gif

S

subsbligh

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2008

Good to see they've gone (or are likely to go) with 4 forwards on the bench.

Sydney, June, SFS, cold, slow track, it's going to be a forward bash-a-thon.

Gillett and Parker on the bench is troubling. Haven't seen enough of Kennedy and Te'o is obviously there for impact value.

Only problem I see is an injury to Cam Smith, but then again DCE or Barba is not going to mitigate that loss much better than Gillett or some massive reshuffle (like Billy Slater to 9).

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013

It sounds stupid at first, but what about Chambers to centre, Inglis on the wing? Chambers doesn't have as much experience under the high ball, but Inglis as one of the back 3 gets him his awesome kick-returns, gives us the safety under bombs, and leaves Slater intact in the 1-6-7-9. The only possible argument for him not to be there is that he might get disinterested on the wing, not enough ball etc, but I reckon he's now learnt to get himself involved.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013

Good to see they've gone (or are likely to go) with 4 forwards on the bench.

Sydney, June, SFS, cold, slow track, it's going to be a forward bash-a-thon.

Gillett and Parker on the bench is troubling. Haven't seen enough of Kennedy and Te'o is obviously there for impact value.

Only problem I see is an injury to Cam Smith, but then again DCE or Barba is not going to mitigate that loss much better than Gillett or some massive reshuffle (like Billy Slater to 9).

Cronk to 9, Thurston to 7, Inglis to 6.

Mister Wright

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
Jun 8, 2009

It sounds stupid at first, but what about Chambers to centre, Inglis on the wing? Chambers doesn't have as much experience under the high ball, but Inglis as one of the back 3 gets him his awesome kick-returns, gives us the safety under bombs, and leaves Slater intact in the 1-6-7-9. The only possible argument for him not to be there is that he might get disinterested on the wing, not enough ball etc, but I reckon he's now learnt to get himself involved.
Even though he might not get named on the wing I wouldn't be surprised if he drops back on the last tackle with Chambers or O'Neil defending in the centres.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008

Papalii has flown to Brisbane apparently. Same with DCE.

QUEENSLANDER

QUEENSLANDER

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008

I like it! Inglis knows how to involve himself from fullback so wing wouldnt be much diff.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008

970142_10200667952894364_2100731081_n.jpg

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Wolfie
  • BroncosAlways
  • Foordy
  • Bish
  • Brotherdu
  • bb_gun
  • Shane Tronc
  • BroncoFan94
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.