[Official] Smith re-signs with the Storm

It is all BS. We would be stupid to go hard for Smith now. We've had ample opportunity to get him but we go hard for him after he is 30?? As good as he is I feel it is the wrong move. Need to go hard for DCE not Smith.

Absolutely, DCE is the man we need. I'd love Smith and I think he'd still have 2 or 3 years left in him, but DCE is obviously a longer-term proposition. I think he'll be as good a leader as Smith too.

This is all media talk spun by his manager to make sure Melbourne know they need to give him a good pay day. Their salary cap is always tight as these days so smiths manager is making sure they give him the big bucks

I'd really love to see Hook put his faith in Macca still. I think Macca's form since Hunt moved to Halfback has been remarkably better than any other season we've seen from him.

I don't think we're really going after him, just Renouf challenging the club in the media.

Smith is so due a brutal season-ending injury. I'm betting if we sign him it'll occur in the first fortnight of him playing for us.

Although signing the George Clooney of the NRL would be nice. For our sake it should have been 4 years ago.

Last edited:
I said a few months back I wouldn't be keen on Smith on big dollars at 32, nothing's changed for mine on that front.

It really looks like he is slowing down, especially this year. His body might be finally starting fail him.

Yes Cameron Smith is one of the best players in the game however why would the broncos pay 1mil+ for a 31 year old hooker, in another few years we would be in the same situation we are now, the broncos need to keep faith in mccullough who is playing some great football and is consistently one of our best defenders.

So how do we react if they really do sign him? Obviously it would be the wrong move but he is the greatest hooker ever and a Qld legend. Would be very hard to voice disapproval as fans publicly.

I think we as fans, if we ever got the platform, should say that we are concerned he may not live up to the money he is being paid.

That would give Smith extra motivation to prove himself to us, the fact he's Qld's greatest hooker and Melbourne storms best player doesn't mean anything to us as Broncos fans - he needs to replicate that here, otherwise he's just living off yesterdays glories which doesn't help us.

So how do we react if they really do sign him? Obviously it would be the wrong move but he is the greatest hooker ever and a Qld legend. Would be very hard to voice disapproval as fans publicly.

Fans would complain until he turns Ben Hunt into Cooper Cronk and lifts the trophy up on grand final day.

If DCE or Milford get cold feet then we could end up with nothing. The club would regret not talking to Smith if that happened which is why they are being smart and considering all options.

Last edited:
The only way i want Smith is in a coaching roll am totally against paying him a fortune and loosing macca

The only way i want Smith is in a coaching roll am totally against paying him a fortune and loosing macca

This kind of coaching roll? I am sure it would go down well with Hannant and Thaiday. Seriously they would eat him up and praise him at the same time. "That Cam is a great coach, he tastes so good!"

Attachments

• cam-roll.jpg
    cam-roll.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:

Active Now

• Xzei
  • Allo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.