[Official] Smith re-signs with the Storm

I was sure Srama was on a pretty good deal. Locked up on decent money when Friend left???

That's what I heard to. That whole article is hardly Garry's best work. He claims that the raiders are front runners because Ricky sees him as origin potential... Cos you know, Ricky loves nothing more than developing talent for QLD.

Obviously Garry's gone, well he's from the titans so he must be from NSW

That's what I heard to. That whole article is hardly Garry's best work. He claims that the raiders are front runners because Ricky sees him as origin potential... Cos you know, Ricky loves nothing more than developing talent for QLD.

Obviously Garry's gone, well he's from the titans so he must be from NSW

That about sums it up. The only article I could find quoted a 3-year $400k deal, but it says that deal was done before his debut. I was sure that Srama was effectively given Friend's contract amount, closer to $300k a season. I'll have to do some more digging.

That about sums it up. The only article I could find quoted a 3-year $400k deal, but it says that deal was done before his debut. I was sure that Srama was effectively given Friend's contract amount, closer to $300k a season. I'll have to do some more digging.

Yeah I remember the article. It was a picture of him sitting on a forklift and it was talking about him going from a forklift driver to a big upgrade. It may have been in a RLW issue come to think of it. I'll look through my archive lol

Srama's form wasn't great this year, but he still has the talent to be one of the best in the comp.

How about we just sign Srama for 2015 instead of Smith? Will come at 1/3rd the price, younger.. leaves us more money to chase DCE

1. Barba
6. Milford
7. Cherry-Evans
9. Srama

YEP.

How about we just sign Srama for 2015 instead of Smith? Will come at 1/3rd the price, younger.. leaves us more money to chase DCE

1. Barba
6. Milford
7. Cherry-Evans
9. Srama

YEP.

I was gonna say this. Absolutely couldn't agree more. Throw in DCE with Barba and then the two extremely promising young uns in Milf and Srama, goodness me we have a spine!!

If there was at least some gurantee of us getting DCE, I'd take him over Smith for sure (even though he'll never be Smith's level, we could actually build a team around him for almost the next decade). We'd probably just end up missing out on both though.

Srama on minimum wage would be a good pickup and as Unbreakable said we would have plenty of space to chase DCE. I don't mind Srama I think he is a good prospect and would be a handy player for us.

I think we need to face that we won't be getting DCE, he married a girl from Manly and doesn't want to leave even if it means a pay cut. We should be shaping our team around the players we've got, like Barba, Milford and Hunt.

I think we need to face that we won't be getting DCE, he married a girl from Manly and doesn't want to leave even if it means a pay cut. We should be shaping our team around the players we've got, like Barba, Milford and Hunt.

I'm pretty sure you've got no idea, he's been quoted saying things along the lines of "I'd love to return to Queensland at some stage, that's where I grew up playing footy" etc

And also, I can't see him taking a pay cut, especially when he's 3rd in line to the captaincy, which is the primary thing he wants from Manly.

All this talk of hookers replacing McCullough, can you really see the club punting him if he doesn't necessarily want to go?

Or just benching him as a backup? The club has said they intend on having him play 80 mins in the future so that doesn't work.

All this talk of hookers replacing McCullough, can you really see the club punting him if he doesn't necessarily want to go?

Or just benching him as a backup? The club has said they intend on having him play 80 mins in the future so that doesn't work.

Surely they are not going to keep him around if he doesn't dramatically improve in the next year? You'd think after 6 years, enough is enough, just like with Wallace.

The only talk coming out of the club is about the potential signing of Cam Smith, which seems to be more about his quality as a player than how they perceive McCullough.

It'll be interesting to see what happens with Macca if the club does sign Smith. You'd imagine he'd sign up with another NRL club asap but I doubt that this situation is ever going to go that far.

Surely they are not going to keep him around if he doesn't dramatically improve in the next year? You'd think after 6 years, enough is enough, just like with Wallace.

I couldn't agree with you more. The dude has played 125 games now, you would think that after that many he would have found his feet, its really time the broncos stopped persisting with mediocrity in the hopes some of these kids will blossom.

The talk behind closed doors is that they are very disappointed in his progression and expected him to be far more advanced by now

I'm pretty sure you've got no idea, he's been quoted saying things along the lines of "I'd love to return to Queensland at some stage, that's where I grew up playing footy" etc

And also, I can't see him taking a pay cut, especially when he's 3rd in line to the captaincy, which is the primary thing he wants from Manly.

What is the source of this quote?

The talk behind closed doors is that they are very disappointed in his progression and expected him to be far more advanced by now

That would actually make me double my faith in the club.

Unread

Active Now

• Fozz
  • broncsgoat
  • Porthoz
  • matthewransom34@ic
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.