[Official] Smith re-signs with the Storm

That's what I heard to. That whole article is hardly Garry's best work. He claims that the raiders are front runners because Ricky sees him as origin potential... Cos you know, Ricky loves nothing more than developing talent for QLD.

Obviously Garry's gone, well he's from the titans so he must be from NSW

He knows Srama well from both being in Ipswich.

Srama's form wasn't great this year, but he still has the talent to be one of the best in the comp.

He played busted all year with his shoulder, putting off surgery till the off-season.

He played busted all year with his shoulder, putting off surgery till the off-season.

That's good, I am a big fan, hope he guns it. He went to the same school and grade as my brother, several years below me too.

No Cookies | The Courier-Mail

Srama was recently told he won't be the Titans' starting hooker next season because of his form last year, even though that form was due to the busted shoulders the Titans asked him to persevere through.

Srama played every game with pain-killing injections last season when several months off would have been far better for his long-term career.

That's good, I am a big fan, hope he guns it. He went to the same school and grade as my brother, several years below me too.

Thats a coincidence. Srama and I went to the same school but he was the grade below

He is a bloody good player and had no problems in his 80 minutes stints, gun legs tackler as well.

Forcing him out would be a dumb move but par for Titans management.

He is a bloody good player and had no problems in his 80 minutes stints, gun legs tackler as well.

Forcing him out would be a dumb move but par for Titans management.

I too rate him highly. TBH I'd prefer him over McCullough. In fact, for the price difference I'd prefer him over Cam Smith. $800k to spend on DCE plus change left over to upgrade a Copley to a Morris-level back.

Thats a coincidence. Srama and I went to the same school but he was the grade below

Forest Lake represent.

I think the Titans would be insane to let him go. Talent wise he's right up there with Friend and Segeyaro as the dominant future QLD hookers (and McCullough is somewhere in the corner).

Forest Lake represent.

I think the Titans would be insane to let him go. Talent wise he's right up there with Friend and Segeyaro as the dominant future QLD hookers (and McCullough is somewhere in the corner).

UP THE FLAKE

I'd love to sign Srama .... even at the expense of getting Smith.

I'm a fan of Macca, and I think he'll be very much like Smith in the future. Remember that Smith is one of the greatest hookers we've seen. An amazing hooker isn't necessarily needed to win premierships - look at Manly with Matt Ballin. Yes he has international halves to work with meaning all he has to do is service his forwards well, and thus, be only a solid player.

To change his effectiveness Macca just needs to pace himself. He tackles himself into the ground, leaving him knackered to do anything in attack, probably why he's so 'slow' in his DH passing (apparently). The forward pack need to pitch in and reduce his workload (looking at you Capt Sam) so he's not Dallas Johnson-ing it up inside 50 mins and needing to be benched or run on auto-pilot.

He's signed to the end of 2015, so I say we re-examine his position and any potential replacements AFTER the 2014 season. Give him every shot next year to show he can be our own Smith. Play him for 80. Tell him to back himself in attack. Practice those 40-20s out of DH (which work more often than not). Get Kerrod Walters to help develop him. Do it all. That way he can't say the club didn't give him every opportunity.

I know people will come back and say "he's had 125 shots to show us that" and to that I say fair point, but since he started he's had relatively ordinary props in Sims, Clinton, Taylor, Kenny, Sanderpson, Tronc,and since Locky left, a largely ineffective Thaiday (Not exactly a squad of Burgii or the pack we had of Thorn, Tunza, Webcke & Petero in the early 00's). Add to that he was still 'growing up' during that whole time, from here he'll mature and it should show in his game. And with what should be an ever-improving squad in Hannant, McGuire, Dodds, now Kennedy, a hopefully fit Hala and JWallace, we're looking a lot better. An effective forward pack makes life so much easier for hookers (and everyone). Look how good it's made Luke and Jake Friend play (and look) in the last few years. Ours could allow AM to use his quick running game properly where he draws a lot of penalties against back-pedalling offside markers. He can do those 40-20s without defenders in his face pressuring him.

Also the refresh in the halves could be another catalyst for a positive form change. Anyway, by the end of '14, he'll rack up the 150 (assuming we make finals) which is a nice round number to judge him on. And he'll still be only 24. When/If we get Smith he'll be 32. Just saying.

Hope you enjoyed my 2am ramble :type:

I thought Macca played really well in tandem with Hunt in the latter half of the season.

Totally agree with the above two posts. Seems like there are three people on this forum that rate macca

I rate him, it just seems that we are judging him against Smith

I rate him highly too. But i think there are two reasons his form took a meteoric rise late last season. I suspect hook incorrectly told everyone Wallace was the general calling the shots and so when Wallace was on both hunt and macca were in their shells. I also think Hodges move first to half full back then the sidelines massively helped him. For all the good Hodges dummy half running does i think it's extremely disruptive to macca. If anyone doubts what he is capable of watch him in the second game vs parra. He should have had motm. He destroyed them, fui had no clue what to do and he made our forwards dominate. This tired theirs and also allowed Hoffman to run riot.

I'm on the fence with him. He's not and never will be anywhere close to Cam Smith, but he's also not the useless player some try to make him out to be.
He needs consistency more than anything, which he should have by now, and as someone said, he needs to learn to pace himself and eliminate the brain farts he is also known for.
On the other hand, he is an excellent defender and one of the best in the business with his boot, which we will need this season if Milford doesn't line up for us.

In his defense, he hasn't had a mentor or coach capable of getting the best out of him and iron out or at least mitigate his flaws. I really, really hope Kevvie joins the club and teaches our spine players a thing or two...

Unread

Active Now

• Fitzy
  • Broncorob
  • Cavalo
  • Fozz
  • Fatboy
  • porouian
  • MrMoore
  • winslow_wong
  • Bucking Beads
  • sooticus
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.