[Official] Smith re-signs with the Storm

Not Cameron Smith related but the NSW team before Origin was mainly contained of Sydney club players with the odd Queenslander in there. Most of the team were from NSW.

I don't mind if we lose one, so long as Paul Gallen isn't in the NSW team when it happens...

Or Ricky Stuart as coach. Thank God that ship has already sailed!

either way its good for us ... either we get Smith or we force the Storm to pay a massive amount to get him.
Exactly right. Even if we don't get him, I hope they have to cheat the cap to keep him... Well close to it.

Not Cameron Smith related but the NSW team before Origin was mainly contained of Sydney club players with the odd Queenslander in there. Most of the team were from NSW.

At the time QLD players had to move to Sydney to play professionally. and many of the players that played in those NSW winning years for NSW were actually from QLD (although they were playing in the Sydney competition).

It is the whole reason that state of origin was created

I've gotta disagree, I think his speed and strength will steadily decline in the next 4-5 years, his brain, kicking and leadership won't, the main things a team would want him for.

He has never struck me as a player with speed and hasn't got a lot of strength IMO. His best attributes are his ability to read the game, defense and leadership. It would be a great shock if he declined in those areas.

Maybe this belongs in your glory days thread.

He has never struck me as a player with speed and hasn't got a lot of strength IMO. His best attributes are his ability to read the game, defense and leadership. It would be a great shock if he declined in those areas.

He's notably one of the hardest players to tackle in the NRL due to his surprising strength, I've heard countless NRL players say it.

Is anyone else as concerned as I am that this apparent interest from smith and talk of this being a 'done deal' is just smith making sure the storm pay him top dollar and he has no interest of leaving the storm? I reckon this is going to be just like the Cronk saga where he was a 'done deal' to the titans only to call his own press conference and confirm what we all knew. I swear if I have to watch the fake shocked look from bellemy again (as of he didn't know) ill lose my shit). That whole pantomime was so anti everything I like about league
That's what you thought of Milford too... You're so pessimistic with this stuff. :laugh:

That's what you thought of Milford too... You're so pessimistic with this stuff. :laugh:

That's true I am very pessimistic when it comes to signings... That's probably never gonna change lol

You've got to admit, the big bastard has pulled his finger out this off season. Kudos gee gee

Yep, Kennedy is a good signing. Everyone else wanted to come to QLD, given he's the only one in QLD with money, I'd say he's had a lucky year.

You've got to admit, the big bastard has pulled his finger out this off season. Kudos gee gee

Pfft ......like he had a choice.

If he didn't pull his finger out he would've been out of a job.

Pity the blindingly obvious had to smack him in the head repeatedly before he woke up.

As Nashy said.......Gee has been very lucky with some of the signings. More good fortune than good management.

And yet there is another club down the road who could have easily signed these same ones we got 'luckily'.

Pity the blindingly obvious had to smack him in the head repeatedly before he woke up.

As Nashy said.......Gee has been very lucky with some of the signings. More good fortune than good management.

Regardless of the reasoning behind it, he pulled it out didn't he? I'm as critical of broncos recruitment as anyone but credit given where it's due.

Maybe the 12th place finish this year was the kick up the pants we needed. In the last few months Gee has signed Barba, Milford and Kennedy and is chasing the signature of Cameron Smith so he is obviously doing something right.

You need to expirience the lows before you expirience your high's.

Yep, Kennedy is a good signing. Everyone else wanted to come to QLD, given he's the only one in QLD with money, I'd say he's had a lucky year.
Gee... You're a tough crowd.

He has pulled off the signings of Kennedy, Milford, Barba, Mills, Vidot all within a few months, that's two incredible signings with a few other good ones. To add to that, he's cut off Wallace, Anderson and a few other cap space wasters.

He's done a good job by any measure. If it was any other club who'd pulled those signings off we'd all be ranting that we didn't go after those players. Now if we can get Milford here for next year we're all set.

Unread

Active Now

• Fitzy
  • Broncorob
  • Cavalo
  • Fozz
  • Fatboy
  • porouian
  • MrMoore
  • winslow_wong
  • Bucking Beads
  • sooticus
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.