[Official] Smith re-signs with the Storm

Perhaps if Queensland lost next year it might be for the better

SILENCE ..!!!!

814803_zps02a0989a.gif

I'd much rather an ageing smith then keep persisting with macca. I can't believe he has played 125 games and is still as average as he is.

I would like to get Smith, but if we signed him at 1 million a year I am afraid we would lose some star players we already have.

Was just throwing it out there, he's too much of a competitor to retire from origin, especially while the streak is still alive.

Perhaps if Queensland lost next year it might be for the better, Hodges & Smith both retire from rep football and both focus entirely on winning a championship for the Broncos.. sounds good to me.

No. We reach 10 in a row then just let them win. They will never be able to beat that record.

I would like to get Smith, but if we signed him at 1 million a year I am afraid we would lose some star players we already have.

All the broncos should care about is what is in the cap and he won't be anywhere near that much with all the third party deals he would attract here.

No. We reach 10 in a row then just let them win. They will never be able to beat that record.

Technically NSW beat QLD for a record 19 years in a row before Origin, still got a long way to go.

Wait for the old argument; That was before Origin

Technically NSW beat QLD for a record 19 years in a row before Origin, still got a long way to go.

That was when most of the NSW team was from QLD

Smith is worth every cent of the rumoured offer. We signed Barba and Milford on the cheap, we have every reason to throw the book at Cam Smith whilst we still can.

I have no doubt he will a top player well into his late 30s just like Lockyer. Smith's game isn't built around physical attributes, he will still dominate for years to come. The blokes a great leader with great knowledge of the game, able to get the best out of those around him.

Smith is another of those players who as they age their playing abilities won't decline. Smith can play on till for another 5 years and won't play below the level he is currently at.

Is anyone else as concerned as I am that this apparent interest from smith and talk of this being a 'done deal' is just smith making sure the storm pay him top dollar and he has no interest of leaving the storm? I reckon this is going to be just like the Cronk saga where he was a 'done deal' to the titans only to call his own press conference and confirm what we all knew. I swear if I have to watch the fake shocked look from bellemy again (as of he didn't know) ill lose my shit). That whole pantomime was so anti everything I like about league

Smith is another of those players who as they age their playing abilities won't decline. Smith can play on till for another 5 years and won't play below the level he is currently at.

I've gotta disagree, I think his speed and strength will steadily decline in the next 4-5 years, his brain, kicking and leadership won't, the main things a team would want him for.

Is anyone else as concerned as I am that this apparent interest from smith and talk of this being a 'done deal' is just smith making sure the storm pay him top dollar and he has no interest of leaving the storm? I reckon this is going to be just like the Cronk saga where he was a 'done deal' to the titans only to call his own press conference and confirm what we all knew. I swear if I have to watch the fake shocked look from bellemy again (as of he didn't know) ill lose my shit). That whole pantomime was so anti everything I like about league

either way its good for us ... either we get Smith or we force the Storm to pay a massive amount to get him.

Don't you mean Qld beat Qld before origin

I don't mind if we lose one, so long as Paul Gallen isn't in the NSW team when it happens...

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • leon.bott
  • Sproj
  • Bish
  • Old Mate
  • BroncosAlways
  • Wendall Taylor
  • Astro
  • broncos4life
  • Jedhead
  • marw
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Spooky1013
  • Bucking Beads
  • Fozz
  • NSW stables
  • teampjta
  • Strop
  • broncsgoat
  • Skathen
... and 24 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.