Origin in 3D

Really?? I've seen zero difference between 9 and nine HD channel while watching the footy and the recordings are the same size as non HD shows for the same amount of time.

How can you find out what they actually broadcast in HD anyway because the HD channel isn't all HD, it's just some shows.

Yep. HD is crap. Go to discovery and you can see, at times, what HD should look like when done right. **** 9.

Ghibli said:
I've been looking into this whole 3D TV thing, the ads in the football generated my interest. Now the story goes that Sony, and some other electronics manufacturer's have developed TVs that can either use its hardware to generate a 3d image, or if the telecast is in 3D (i.e. the cameras filming the event are 3D capture devices) it can generate a 3D image. So, you have to purchase a new TV, BUT, then you have to purchase glasses from Sony/other manufacturer at a approx cost of $100-$150.

Maybe I'm just getting old and fuddy-duddy, I couldn't think of anything worse than forking out like $4000+ for a TV, then additional $500-$600 on glasses (assuming you want 6 glasses), then sit in your living room and wear a gay pair of glasses that creates a lame 3D effect of the footy.

All I want is to watch the Origin in Full HD (1080p) on a very nice, sharp, good colour panel. So, I've officially declared 3D TV as gay!

Sorry for the rant peeps, any thoughts?

I concur with your conclusion!

3DTV would be something a New South Welshman would buy.

And then argue for 8 pages about how great it is, when in reality, it's overpriced junk.

broncospwn said:
The whole thing is a gimmick.

Doesn't Harvey Norman sponsor the SOO? I'm betting that Harvey Norman is providing the 3D cameras for channel 9 to film the game with, so they can hopefully sell a truckload of 3D TVs before the first game. Who wants to pay through the nose for a 3D TV when they are in their early stages of development when you can't actually watch much in 3D at the moment anyway.

p.s - Someone on here buy a 3D TV and I'll come around an watch origin at their place though

Bannermania said:

Why do they need a TV? There is so much to do in Sydney!

Hmmmm...my dad told me last night that he wants to buy a 3D TV. I told him not to do it because it will be a waste of money!

Fozz said:
Bannermania said:

[icon_lol1.

I'd like to have a 3D TV just to see how far Ben Creagh runs in to your living room after pushing a QLD player

OXY-351 said:
Fozz said:
Bannermania said:

[icon_lol1.

I'd like to have a 3D TV just to see how far Ben Creagh runs in to your living room after pushing a QLD player

hahaha, post of the year right there.

broncospwn said:
Really?? I've seen zero difference between 9 and nine HD channel while watching the footy and the recordings are the same size as non HD shows for the same amount of time.

How can you find out what they actually broadcast in HD anyway because the HD channel isn't all HD, it's just some shows.
really really.

what size tv are you watching it on? because on my 40" the difference is night and day between 9 and 90 while watching footy (or any show for that matter). when i record the footy i get filesizes up around 10gb for a match, but if i tape a movie on GO for example, a movie of 2 hours length generally doesnt even come to 4gb.

on my TV if i press the info button it says what resolution the show im watching is in, so have a look on yours.

Anonymous person said:
broncospwn said:

really really.

what size tv are you watching it on? because on my 40" the difference is night and day between 9 and 90 while watching footy (or any show for that matter). when i record the footy i get filesizes up around 10gb for a match, but if i tape a movie on GO for example, a movie of 2 hours length generally doesnt even come to 4gb.

on my TV if i press the info button it says what resolution the show im watching is in, so have a look on yours.

Yeah same, for me.

Bannermania said:
Anonymous person said:
broncospwn said:

really really.

Yeah same, for me.

+2

I always watch the footy on 9HD, way way way better (especially on Foxtel IQ2). Only problem is sometimes the sound goes crackers on 9HD.

KrispyKris said:
Hmmmm...my dad told me last night that he wants to buy a 3D TV. I told him not to do it because it will be a waste of money!

If you need a new TV then could be worth looking into. But would be silly to just go out and buy one for the hell of it.

Our tv is almost dead so come tax time i will look into the 3D tv's and compare prices and features with the standard.

draggx said:
KrispyKris said:

If you need a new TV then could be worth looking into. But would be silly to just go out and buy one for the hell of it.

Our tv is almost dead so come tax time i will look into the 3D tv's and compare prices and features with the standard.

Seriously, think bang for buck. You can get a standard LCD or Plasma at 40-50 inch for less than $1200 at the moment.
Even LED TVs around 40" are < $1500.

3D TVs will remain in the mid-high $2000s at least for another 12 months.

IMO...not worth it. Yet.

Coxy said:
draggx said:
KrispyKris said:

Seriously, think bang for buck. You can get a standard LCD or Plasma at 40-50 inch for less than $1200 at the moment.
Even LED TVs around 40" are < $1500.

3D TVs will remain in the mid-high $2000s at least for another 12 months.

IMO...not worth it. Yet.

+1

I'd rather get a Full HD TV because they will still probably try and improve 3D TVs. We have a 55" Sony Bravia LCD in the loungeroom and the quality isn't THAT good in comparison to the latest LCDs because we got it when it was pretty new and was worth about $3K. It's pretty good when we play Blu-ray movies in HDMI though.

But yeah, I'd rather wait for 3D TV prices to go down (and improve the quality) than buy it straight away.

We don't really need a new TV anyway! Lol.

All very well having these huge TV's, but plenty of people (us included) put these huge panels in a small room and sit too close.

You need some distance to really appreciate how nice they are.

Active Now

• kiwibronco
  • davidp
  • Justwin
  • Fitzy
  • broncsgoat
  • lynx000
  • Spoon
  • Waynesaurus
  • Painin the Haas
  • Galah
  • Broncosgirl
  • Lostboy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.