OFFICIAL ORIGIN: QLD WINS. HOORAY. NOW LET'S GET BACK TO THE FOOTY

Since we're coming into Origin season, we might like to think about how it's going to affect our playing roster and recovery time. Here is the schedule, and how it will impact us.

IMPACTROUNDDATEOPPONENT
Missing players17Sunday, July 10Dragons
Origin 3Wednesday, July 13
Backing up: 3 days18Saturday, July 16Titans

We have 2 remaining games to be affected by representative matches:

Dragons in Round 17
Broncos missing
Kurt Capewell
Corey Oates
Selwyn Cobbo
Patty Carrigan
Tommy Flegler (replacement)

Dragons missing
Ben Hunt

Titans in Round 18
Broncos possibly resting
Corey Oates
Kurt Capewell
Selwyn Cobbo
Patty Carrigan

Titans possibly resting
Tino Fa'asuamaleaui

ORIGIN 3 SQUAD : QLD

Kurt Capewell
Selwyn Cobbo
Pat Carrigan
Corey Oates
Tommy Flegler (18th man)

NSW ORIGIN 3: NSW
No Broncos

Has entered the building

Flegs has broken Patty's nose:

“I’m trying to avoid Tommy Flegler, he plays in the same team as me and he has given me a broken nose. It’s pretty sore. I have been mucking around in camp with ‘Jonno’. He is calling me Avatar, although the swelling has gone down a bit. There’s a break straight through the middle. I did it when I came back on, early in the second half against the Cowboys last Saturday night."​
“I collided with Flegler. He tried to tackle Murray Taulagi, but ‘Muz’ was too smart for him and he wiped me out. I never thought about pulling out. Willie Tonga once played State of Origin with a dislocated shoulder, so I would be a bit soft if I pulled out with a broken nose. It might ruin my modelling career ... but I will soldier on.”​
“We have had some chats as a forward group about where we want to improve. Nathan Cleary and Matt Burton gave our back three some nightmares with their kicking games, but in the middle of the park we didn’t help out much by letting the Blues’ kick-chase team get through pretty easily."​
“Billy had a chat to us about the things we could work on and he was big on the group not turning on each other and sticking together.”​
“Matty Scott gave me my jersey and that was pretty special. To see what Scott did in the Queensland jersey ... Billy Slater said to us in camp you don’t have a mortgage on the Maroons jersey and Matt Scott never let anyone down in the Queensland jumper.”​

Nice click bait Mc Hunt . LOL .
I read the 1st line thinkin Oh No a bonding session has gotten out of hand . Only to find they clashed heads last weekend .

...just one more?

Take a look at this - i didnt see it on the night.

Apparently this was a set piece that Grant and his edge practiced at least on 2 seperate training sessions..

giphy.gif

Note Grant say something real quick at Nanai before Dearden plays the ball...

Then see Capes and Gagai are all set to run through the gaps..

How good is Grant?

...just one more?

Take a look at this - i didnt see it on the night.

Apparently this was a set piece that Grant and his edge practiced at least on 2 seperate training sessions..

giphy.gif

Note Grant say something real quick at Nanai before Dearden plays the ball...

Then see Capes and Gagai are all set to run through the gaps..

How good is Grant?
On SEN with Kemp I think Cam mentioned that it was something Billy came up with, so they practiced it a couple times in training.

Commentators were talking it up like it was off the cuff, but you can clearly see the right side waiting for the kick to come.

On SEN with Kemp I think Cam mentioned that it was something Billy came up with, so they practiced it a couple times in training.

Commentators were talking it up like it was off the cuff, but you can clearly see the right side waiting for the kick to come.
Has Slater’s fingerprints all over it

Nah can't credit Slater. If it bounced twice and hit both feet and then went through and was given as a try then sure, give him credit.

Nah can't credit Slater. If it bounced twice and hit both feet and then went through and was given as a try then sure, give him credit.
No intent for a field goal!!

So...uhmm.....Fittler wants to change the eligibility rules.

Says he didn't have enough resources to choose from......

Bwhahahahaha !!! :rofl

Seriously though...he's essentially trying to include more os players who went to high school in whichever state first

Cam Smithy...points out, it's a slippery slope to Australian team section. You must be available for Australian team selection..... otherwise you're NOT eligible for SOO, says the great man

I agree wholeheartedly.....👍

Seriously though...he's essentially trying to include more os players who went to high school in whichever state first

Cam Smithy...points out, it's a slippery slope to Australian team section. You must be available for Australian team selection..... otherwise you're NOT eligible for SOO, says the great man

So he’s saying his players he selected sucks…….great coach.

I disagree. I think they should make the eligibility rules stricter (younger ages) but I don’t at all care about the players wanting play for Australia.

The most passionate people about origin that I know are Polynesian. They are mad for it but they are also proud of their heritage and I don’t think those 2 things are mutually exclusive

Kangaroos have soo much depth I think it would be quite easy to form a team of equal quality to the opposition for every other country in the world cup and play them all at the same time.

The more star players that leave to play for another the better, Samoa and Tonga especially have a great chance of making the final being on the otherside of the draw from NZ and Australia because I feel both can beat England.

That`d be fine if the Australian team was picked after Origin .
Seems Origin is forgotten when NRL finals roll around . The flavour of the month then gets picked in an Ozzie jersey .

That`d be fine if the Australian team was picked after Origin .
Seems Origin is forgotten when NRL finals roll around . The flavour of the month then gets picked in an Ozzie jersey .
True....and I agree with you. Oz team should be picked after origin.......

I disagree. I think they should make the eligibility rules stricter (younger ages) but I don’t at all care about the players wanting play for Australia.

The most passionate people about origin that I know are Polynesian. They are mad for it but they are also proud of their heritage and I don’t think those 2 things are mutually exclusive
Where did all of their opportunities come from......Australia.
Their heritage should be Australian first.....other second.
By all means if you aren't selected to play for Australia....feel free to do whatever.

Active Now

• MrTickyMcG
  • Lozza
  • Cavalo
  • Fozz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.