Our chances of making the eight

Currently in 13th spot yet only 1 pt out of the 8, bit with our poor F/A, it sounds a lot closer than it actually is, will get in if we win our two remaining games though, can the Broncos do it?

Currently in 13th spot yet only 1 pt out of the 8, bit with our poor F/A, it sounds a lot closer than it actually is, will get in if we win our two remaining games though, can the Broncos do it?

No. We had our chances and blew them. Winning the next 2 games isn't enough of itelf anyway. I can't see the other required results happening either let us beating the Dogs.

Still love that comment on the Cowboys-Knights game: If they sacked Neil Henry in Round 4, the Cowboys would be minor premiers :loool:

No. We had our chances and blew them. Winning the next 2 games isn't enough of itelf anyway. I can't see the other required results happening either let us beating the Dogs.

Still love that comment on the Cowboys-Knights game: If they sacked Neil Henry in Round 4, the Cowboys would be minor premiers :loool:

Yeah, enjoyed that as well, certainly enjoyed it more than that jaw vs shoulder. Sickening injury.

may as well close this thread now, our chances of making the eight are in the negatives now

If we win the next two and the sharks do as Well we actually have a good chance. But in my opinion we don't deserve to be there. I'd actually prefer the cowboys in the eight we will just get embarrassed.

Slim at best but still a chance, we have to win 2 and hope the cows lose 1 and warriors lose 1 the Tits have to play 2 of the top 4 and win both to get in. Essentially the other sides have their destiny in their hands we do not.

Given the Knights have Eels in last round & Cowboys have Tigers it's hard to see us making the 8. It's going to take a minor miracle to make the 8!

we will be relying on three likely results and two unlikely.
likely:
raiders beat warriors
sharks beat cowboys
sharks beat raiders
unlikely:
broncos beat knights
broncos beat bulldogs.

To bow out because of a trick shot (twice).. Sums it up really.

Maybe it's our preparation. Griffin appears to lack the intensity of Hasler, Bellamy or Bennett.

He's very larconic and perhaps that flows into the way the Broncos open most games so slowly and concede 12 points before you can say boo.

To bow out because of a trick shot (twice).. Sums it up really.

Maybe it's our preparation. Griffin appears to lack the intensity of Hasler, Bellamy or Bennett.

He's very larconic and perhaps that flows into the way the Broncos open most games so slowly and concede 12 points before you can say boo.

Yep...............The Broncos play at the moment in general is very laid back and lacking in urgency in everything, slow play the ball, slow defensive line etc.

Hook needs to get a bit of mungrel into him and rip it up a few guys, break a few change room doors off 'Hasler' style.

We don't really know what they're like behind closed doors, some of the pressers griffin has been at where we've been beaten well, he looked like he was chewing glass.

But yes, I can see what you're saying, then again a bigger issue could be the fact he coached half the lads in the 20's and is too buddy buddy with them.

Not saying he is cotton wooling them/not being straight, but are they taking him on face value, or is it just a "ahh it's only hook, he's alright" mentality?

If results go the way next weekend as I think then we may scrape into the semis with a win over the Dogs. It's possible.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • Bucking Beads
  • Cavalo
  • Old Mate
  • Mister Wright
  • Fozz
  • broncos4life
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Shane Tronc
  • Dash
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.