Our Front Row - The slow motion car wreck

It would be great in my eyes to see Haas make his NRL debut next year. It's a great story for young stars to get a chance early.

If Haas continues his current trajectory and puts in over the off season, he will be in the 17, likely on the bench, in round 1.

Shame about ese'ese and arrow, but I'm glad we didn't match Newcastle's price and we can't secure arrows favoured position .

I'm just glad we seemingly haven't shit the bed with ofahengaue. As others have said, he's really bridged the gap with Herman lately and looks to be back to 2015 form if not better .

I feel Fai can assume hermans role and easily reach the same level in due time, as long as he isn't moving on either. Then there's sua who's been q cup hardened now for a while now and could ably fill a bench role.

Additionally it seems dodds is the forgotten man ? Where's he at with his leg ? I feel he could offer a similar role to that arrow currently plays , a very stinging, defence orientated bench role. Arrow wasn't really offering much else the way he was being used anyway.

Finally, if any of the above can't be retained or don't fit Wayne's plan , I'd guess we'll sign a bland , undersized forward down their clubs pecking order such as a Dave tyrell

How long is Sims contracted for? People seem to really not like him, but I like what he does. Plus I don't remember the last time we've had a prop who I think is a genuine chance of scoring close to the line like Sims does.

As for Ese'ese, after a hot start, really fell back down to Earth, with a few star performances sprinkled here and there. Certainly not worthy of a 500k performance for mine. Disappointed about Arrow considering he was "one of ours", but unfortunately, a few players are in front of him. That's just the way it goes.

How long is Sims contracted for? People seem to really not like him, but I like what he does. Plus I don't remember the last time we've had a prop who I think is a genuine chance of scoring close to the line like Sims does.

To be honest, were it not for the fact we have him on our books for peanuts, his signing could have been even more of a downer in retrospect. Yes he knows how to fall over the line when necessary, but he doesn't deliver what we really NEED in a big prop, that being big metres and minutes. He is hopeless in that regard.

We don't exactly need a try scoring prop. Our backs can and should score tries. They have the ability and that's what they are contracted for. We need Sims to make 25 plus tackles and 100 plus metres

He's only a 20-tackle 10-run prop, but the aggression and dominance Sims gives us is something only Blair in recent times has given.

He's dropped off a bit recently but not as bad as Ese'Ese. And it's not like he can't play bigger minutes - he was averaging considerably better numbers at the Knights, but Bennett is happy getting impact out of him above all else.

I've said in other threads, but Blair + Sims are too similar to be on the field together unless the game situation requires it. That's why we needed Ese'Ese and/or Offa on the field to partner each one. One to make metres and one to be a niggly, aggressive tackler that can also help the ball playing to make up the lesser metres.

I know everyone knows I'm captain of TeamHerman, but he's getting a bit of an unfair knock on his contributions. He's only played 37 games, is 23, and averages over 100m and 20 tackles a game for 30-35 mins in one go. If he was a free agent, you'd be falling over yourselves begging him to be signed no matter how much.

I get why people are happy to discard him, but you can't deny his ability and potential worth. What Newcastle are paying is IMO only one season off being a good value signing. Hardly overs

I don't agree that Blair and Sims are similar. Sims is a strong runner, pretty damn good hole hitter, but plays strongly for about 10-15 minutes a game. Blair is a better defender and delivers for the majority of time he's on the field. They can both pop an offload away though.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Emanon
  • Jedhead
  • Swordfish
  • Bucking Beads
  • Mighty Bronx
  • azza.79
  • upthebroncs
  • Foordy
  • Waynesaurus
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • johnny plath
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.