Our Front Row - The slow motion car wreck

FYI, Ofahengaue was originally a Roosters junior until he was around 17.

fyi, joe's ego has raised its head again. souths boys arent overly happy he didnt put up his hand and play today especially considering tevita specifically asked to play and help them out and also get minutes into his legs. joe isnt a bigger body either

Is the ego thing a salvageable situation, or do you think it will be an ongoing issue?

FYI, Ofahengaue was originally a Roosters junior until he was around 17.

But very few know (I mean I didn't til now), and I think that is subconsciously influencing people. Herman isn't 'one of the kids' we've been waiting on to get a decent shot at FG so they don't care if he goes

Yeah, I get the point that's being made. Ofahengaue has been at the club longer than Ese'ese and has developed a lot as a player, from a backrow/centre into a full blown middle forward.

The only reason I recall is that I was so happy when I heard the club had taken him off the Roosters hands. That was around 2012 where all the talk centered on Nikorima, Molo & Oates.

Is the ego thing a salvageable situation, or do you think it will be an ongoing issue?

If he's got a big ego despite not proving shit at the top level, I would assume it's a pretty big issue

fyi, joe's ego has raised its head again. souths boys arent overly happy he didnt put up his hand and play today especially considering tevita specifically asked to play and help them out and also get minutes into his legs. joe isnt a bigger body either
You've never been a Ofa fan, so forgive me if I take your info with a grain of salt, as you don't know the reason why he didn't play, and are just making assumptions. He could very well be following instructions from Wayne.

Yes, he is a bigger body, at least according to the Broncos site:
Joe
Herman

If he's got a big ego despite not proving shit at the top level, I would assume it's a pretty big issue

Here's hoping Bennett can break that then. Be a shame to see it go that way and not maximise his potential with us. No room for egos that can't back it up, and even then...

I remember there was a discussion about Ofa's height/weight on here last year or so. General consensus was that it seems like it's a load (smallish load, at least) of bull.

dragging his arse even though he has been our best middle metre eater all year! sour grapes.
lol, I got sour grapes when the likes of Wendell, Lote and Izzy switched codes. It doesn't apply for big Herman. He has done some good things occasionally and he might be a decent player one day but IMO he isn't a big loss and will not influence whether the Broncos win the title or not. I only get sour grapes when a big name departs and as we all know, there have been plenty of those over the years.
You've never been a Ofa fan, so forgive me if I take your info with a grain of salt, as you don't know the reason why he didn't play, and are just making assumptions. He could very well be following instructions from Wayne.

View attachment 1562 View attachment 1561

Yes, he is a bigger body, at least according to the Broncos site

Not to mention 12 months younger.

#TeamJoe

Sounds like a Grade 1 MCL strain (Best guess), will probably be a few weeks at least on the sidelines.

Are we living in a world where McGuire doesn't exist? He's been far and away our best middle forward for metres gained this year and it's not even close.

Ese'ese had a lead over the young pack (Ofa, Sims) early in the year, but Ofa has closed the gap considerably, and has arguably overtaken him if you factor in the minutes played and more efficient defensive work he does.

Ese'ese - 36 minutes - 11 runs, 105 metres, 21 tackles, 1.3 missed
Ofahengaue - 31 minutes, 10 runs, 95 metres, 21 tackles, 0.8 missed

One of these players was signed from the Bulldogs, has us over a barrel and wants us to fork out something like $450k a year to keep him, one of them has been in our junior system his whole life and would be happy to stay, no brainer lad, on ya bike Herm.

Joe was at the Roosters.

Yeah, I get the point that's being made. Ofahengaue has been at the club longer than Ese'ese and has developed a lot as a player, from a backrow/centre into a full blown middle forward.

The only reason I recall is that I was so happy when I heard the club had taken him off the Roosters hands. That was around 2012 where all the talk centered on Nikorima, Molo & Oates.

Sorry should have kept reading.

He played SG Ball for the Roosters, would fly down every weekend and was still at school in Ipswich and playing school footy here.

Is Salesi Funaki only a 2nd rower

View attachment 1562 View attachment 1561

They are both 112kgs according to nrl.com stats...

Height varies between websites. I've seen both up close a few times this year, there isn't much between them but I've never once thought Offa was 'bigger'.

Only TPJ is clearly the 'bigger body' in our pack.

They are both 112kgs according to nrl.com stats...

Height varies between websites. I've seen both up close a few times this year, there isn't much between them but I've never once thought Offa was 'bigger'.

Only TPJ is clearly the 'bigger body' in our pack.
It's not that big a difference, but Ofa is clearly the taller guy.
Actually, I've heard people have trouble recognising TPJ or Joffa from behind, they're that similar in size.

You wouldn't believe how "small" Adam Blair looks up close (like shake hand close), despite being 1,88 and 114 Kgs.
Anyway, here are Joffa, "fat" Milf and Moga, who is 194 cms, for a little bit of perspective.

18094503_102719810281110_5068826931365937152_n.jpg

P.S. I've got no idea what's in Tautau's mouth...

Active Now

• Swordfish
  • Jedhead
  • Emanon
  • Bucking Beads
  • Mighty Bronx
  • azza.79
  • upthebroncs
  • Foordy
  • Waynesaurus
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Sproj
  • johnny plath
  • Redfern_1980
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.