Our Front Row - The slow motion car wreck

Wayne would have known that lodge was not playing. Arrow i dont think there is a loss there and ese hes good but not special. We have the forwards covered for the next 3 years. Thiaday needs to retire at seasons end. Hes done. Tpj haas McGuire blair gillette sims oates bird ofa glenn sua. We have plenty of good stock. No doubt wayne has one big fella coming that we dont know about yet. Wrapping up the jet is more a priority.

Same faith Wayne sorted a first class halfback after giving away our future in Taylor to let his son play fullback. I know old wounds but am yet to see a Bennett master stroke since he got back. Suspect 2015 was more kevvie and Wayne's aura. Now the aura is wearing off... but maybe he is so good he is too far ahead of me

Same faith Wayne sorted a first class halfback after giving away our future in Taylor to let his son play fullback. I know old wounds but am yet to see a Bennett master stroke since he got back. Suspect 2015 was more kevvie and Wayne's aura. Now the aura is wearing off... but maybe he is so good he is too far ahead of me

Is that you Tallis?

We need to get back to what has served us so well in the past. Signing Queenslanders.

I don't know how accurate the usual websites are, but it doesn't look like much chop off contract. If someone is going to come in it will have to be one of those offers too good to refuse so they cut ties from their current contract. Hope Wayne has a plan

I actually would love to see kevie coaching the broncs

At this stage, the priority has to be re-signing Boyd, Roberts & Blair. Those are the key men for the Broncos moving forward and the type of players who you would be willing to make concessions for. From there it's just a free for all with Kahu, Marshall, Ofahengaue, Fai, Arrow (if he hasn't left yet) squeezing in on whatever money is left.

I don't really blame the Broncos for this current predicament. How can you negotiate when you don't know how much money you have to work with? Of all the clubs, Brisbane had the most star players off contract and everybody knew it was going to be difficult to keep them together. on top of that, clubs like St. George Illawarra and Newcastle have been taking huge leaps of faith and been signing players on ridiculous contracts.

As far as Lodge & Ese'ese are concerned, ese come, ese go. It wasn't like we got into a big signing war to bring either players to the club, both players came to the club via the QCup and I'm sure it will continue to deliver prospects if we keep our eyes peeled. The thing that annoys me about Ese'ese signing is that he signed a two year deal with the club, and he knew the Broncos were hanging their necks out for him after his stint at the Bulldogs. This is the respect he shows? Trying to squeeze more money out of the club instead of just honoring the (fairly generous for the time) deal he was shown? Pass.

There will be some short term pain, but unless they keep losing players, it's far from panic stations.

Blair, McGuire, and Offa can play 60-80 mins like James, Wallace, Burgess, Brown, Graham (not anymore), tolman ect do. If we manage to keep Arrow we'll need to get a lot of minutes out of our middle forwards; alternatively we play Pangai at lock for 50-60 mins and rotate.

Edit: worst case scenerio pack next year is still good: 8. Sims/ Offa/ McGuire, 9. Macca, 10. Blair, 11. Gillet, 12. Pangai, 13. McGuire/ Bird

Last edited:
I don't know why everyone wants Thiday to retire. Now is the time we need him the most with losing 2 to 4 forwards at once. He is still a representative player all he needs is some bloody fitness.

Blair, McGuire, and Offa can play 60-80 mins like James, Wallace, Burgess, Brown, Graham (not anymore), tolman ect do. If we manage to keep Arrow we'll need to get a lot of minutes out of our middle forwards; alternatively we play Pangai at lock for 50-60 mins and rotate.

Edit: worst case scenerio pack next year is still good: 8. Sims/ Offa/ McGuire, 9. Macca, 10. Blair, 11. Gillet, 12. Pangai, 13. McGuire/ Bird

That's a solid forward pack and a competitive forward pack but it's a seriously under sized forward pack and it won't win us a premiership.
We can't expect our halves to develop and dominate games when our forward pack can't make ground and dominate the opposition.

Herman signed Friday with the Knights and Lodge told Brisbane Friday. I don't normally deal in money but the Knights offer is said to be 500k better than the Broncos so a few guys said.

The Broncos can't and won't match it.

Can't be angry at the Broncos for either, you can't compete with that money or landscape gardening really.

I don't know why everyone wants Thiday to retire. Now is the time we need him the most with losing 2 to 4 forwards at once. He is still a representative player all he needs is some bloody fitness.

He has declined a lot. He'll never get fit either.

That's a solid forward pack and a competitive forward pack but it's a seriously under sized forward pack and it won't win us a premiership.
We can't expect our halves to develop and dominate games when our forward pack can't make ground and dominate the opposition.

I don't agree with this too small idea...necessarily. What we have is an extra forward on the wing in Oates who gets our sets off to fantastic starts anyway. Then, we have a quick and mobile forward pack and if used correctly, could give us a massive point of difference in a premiership race. Second phase play and spreading the ball are vital though and with the likes of Blair, Arrow, TPJ, Joffa and McGuire, we have the players to do it.

Look at the Dogs, Raiders, Warriors, Panthers and Rabbits, all big packs but are losing more often than not.

Herman signed Friday with the Knights and Lodge told Brisbane Friday. I don't normally deal in money but the Knights offer is said to be 500k better than the Broncos so a few guys said.

The Broncos can't and won't match it.

Can't be angry at the Broncos for either, you can't compete with that money or landscape gardening really.

500k MORE, so we are saying he will be getting 750-800k a season? Goodness me, he would be crazy not to take that and anyone who blames him cannot be living in the real world.

Active Now

• johnyE
  • Jedhead
  • YeahNahMate
  • Broncosarethebest
  • BRC088
  • Tim K
  • broncoscope
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Stix
  • Galah
  • Redfern_1980
  • Confidor
  • Dexter
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Santa
  • kman
  • Strop
  • Bucking Beads
  • bb_gun
  • Xzei
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.