Our Front Row - The slow motion car wreck

I don't know why everyone wants Thiday to retire. Now is the time we need him the most with losing 2 to 4 forwards at once. He is still a representative player all he needs is some bloody fitness.

Have you seen him play lately? It isn't just a fitness issue it's mental. His mind is elsewhere

500k MORE, so we are saying he will be getting 750-800k a season? Goodness me, he would be crazy not to take that and anyone who blames him cannot be living in the real world.
The Knights are giving him 465K a season, the Broncos are only going as high as 300k which is fair for a player who is currently on our screens playing minor league footy.

Herman's just gone off with a knee injury.

did anyone notice today how suspect tevita was laterally in defense. i may have raised it previously on here but it is an area he needs to improve considerably before he becomes a starting option

This Andy Saunders playing for the Dogs doesn't seem like a bad prospect

Thaiday' form has been declining for awhile, but since the deadly choices/footy show debacle, he has been consistently poor. It feels to me that his spirit was broken at this point onwards. I feel for him.
Debacle? What's this then?

Debacle? What's this then?

He got in a bit of shit for insinuating that only white women are good looking. Deadly choices sacked him as an ambassador. Another poor attempt at humour from him for the trash that is the Thursday night footy show. I expect no better from them to think it was ok to air considering it was a pre recorded segment.

The Knights are giving him 465K a season, the Broncos are only going as high as 300k which is fair for a player who is currently on our screens playing minor league footy.

He's only playing QCup because of the contract situation. He's played 14 games this year out of 16. But yeah he's not a first 17 :notsureifserious:

He's only playing QCup because of the contract situation. He's played 14 games this year out of 16. But yeah he's not a first 17 :notsureifserious:
I don't think it's fair to say he got dropped for signing elsewhere. For a while there he did a whole lot of nothing much. Offa was easily the more impressive of the two on recent form.

Show me proof that he was dropped for signing elsewhere. He got demoted because he has been dragging his ass since Round 3.

I don't think it's fair to say he got dropped for signing elsewhere. For a while there he did a whole lot of nothing much. Offa was easily the more impressive of the two on recent form.
Exactly this. Herman was good as an impact forward off the bench, and reasonable as a starter when the season began, but declined in production and effectiveness as the season progressed. Of course his youth counts for something, and he'll no doubt become a solid more consistent first grader.

Ofa got silly last year (youth) and paid the price, but is the better of the two in my opinion, and is starting to show his wares. He may not run at the line as spectacularly as Ese2, but he will do the 1%'s and take the tough runs when no one else wants to.
To top it off, Joe is a bigger body and a year younger too!

Ofa, TPJ and Su'a are the forwards of the young crop I don't want to lose. The rest, while handy, especially Arrow and Ese, are not as essential imo, but will probably find their way to other NRL teams, and forge a career there...
I don't begrudge them in any way, and wish them the best.

Exactly this. Herman was good as an impact forward off the bench, and reasonable as a starter when the season began, but declined in production and effectiveness as the season progressed. Of course his youth counts for something, and he'll no doubt become a solid more consistent first grader.

Ofa got silly last year (youth) and paid the price, but is the better of the two in my opinion, and is starting to show his wares. He may not run at the line as spectacularly as Ese2, but he will do the 1%'s and take the tough runs when no one else wants to.
To top it off, Joe is a bigger body and a year younger too!

Ofa, TPJ and Su'a are the forwards of the young crop I don't want to lose. The rest, while handy, especially Arrow and Ese, are not as essential imo, but will probably find their way to other NRL teams, and forge a career there...
I don't begrudge them in any way, and wish them the best.

fyi, joe's ego has raised its head again. souths boys arent overly happy he didnt put up his hand and play today especially considering tevita specifically asked to play and help them out and also get minutes into his legs. joe isnt a bigger body either

dragging his arse even though he has been our best middle metre eater all year! sour grapes.

Are we living in a world where McGuire doesn't exist? He's been far and away our best middle forward for metres gained this year and it's not even close.

Ese'ese had a lead over the young pack (Ofa, Sims) early in the year, but Ofa has closed the gap considerably, and has arguably overtaken him if you factor in the minutes played and more efficient defensive work he does.

Ese'ese - 36 minutes - 11 runs, 105 metres, 21 tackles, 1.3 missed
Ofahengaue - 31 minutes, 10 runs, 95 metres, 21 tackles, 0.8 missed

One of these players was signed from the Bulldogs, has us over a barrel and wants us to fork out something like $450k a year to keep him, one of them has been in our junior system his whole life and would be happy to stay, no brainer lad, on ya bike Herm.

fyi, joe's ego has raised its head again. souths boys arent overly happy he didnt put up his hand and play today especially considering tevita specifically asked to play and help them out and also get minutes into his legs. joe isnt a bigger body either
Was wondering TPJ was playing but offa wasn't. Sad to hear that, given he was talking up his time with souths last year and having to become a forward leader

Active Now

• johnyE
  • Jedhead
  • YeahNahMate
  • Broncosarethebest
  • BRC088
  • Tim K
  • broncoscope
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Stix
  • Galah
  • Redfern_1980
  • Confidor
  • Dexter
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Santa
  • kman
  • Strop
  • Bucking Beads
  • bb_gun
  • Xzei
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.