Our new halfback should be

Kodi is certainly not the man to ever lead this side to a premiership. Whether the Broncos have a plan for 2019 and Kodi is just stop gap till then remains to be seen.

Kodi has been in the job five minutes and has looked better and better every game yet he will NEVER lead the team to a premiership and is a gamble that will never pay off?

So...I take it this means any player who does the opposite and steadily reverts, ala Mbye, DEFINITELY will lead their team to a premiership?

I think this kind of hyperbole is more than a little unfair on the guy and remember, only the Sith deal in absolutes.

As a running half.

In those other departments, he has been worse than Hunt.
He isn't who the Broncos need, but neither is Hunt... and Kodi'll be here next season as well.

In fact, Kodi has a better short kick, short pass and a pretty good running game, besides utilising the players inside and outside of him much better than Hunt, so why not let them continue to build a better partnership while we wait for Ash or someone with the qualities we do need?

He isn't who the Broncos need, but neither is Hunt... and Kodi'll be here next season as well.

In fact, Kodi has a better short kick, short pass and a pretty good running game, besides utilising the players inside and outside of him much better than Hunt, so why not let them continue to build a better partnership while we wait for Ash or someone with the qualities we do need?

Yep....why not. Is he the perfect replacement, no. Is he our best long term option, no.

Neither is Hunt and KNik isn't doing any worse than what Hunt was.

Hunt is leaving......KNik isn't.

I don't think any player would come into the team and within 6 games be the perfect fit.

I doubt even Cronk would be able to be perfect for a whole season.

Yeah ideally we would have the ultimate squad. But I think Kodi is actually working at the moment. I mean once we got in the game we were pretty much on top.

Kodi can probably develop a bomb. And if not, Macca is handy enough.

I mean, this is how you build a strong team, right? Play to the strengths of your squad. Improve where you can. We haven't even seem Kodi at his best IMO, but he looks like he is starting to back himself. That deceptive, no-look-short-ball is definitely a confidence play.

So Bennett is still going hard after Taylor. Can we afford all 3 of him, Milford and Bird, and still have a gun team around them? We don't exactly have Don Politis bribing everyone.

We'll take some losses no doubt, but a) most of our senior guys are taking cuts or are eligible for the long-serving discount, the young kids won't be on a whole heap collectively and we've got TPA galore here.
We just need those to show up and we'll be fine.

And b) we have no idea how much we can afford until the NRL sort out the cap ffs. It's so amateur that we have players signing up to six year deals when we don't know what % they'll take up next season alone

Kodi has been in the job five minutes and has looked better and better every game yet he will NEVER lead the team to a premiership and is a gamble that will never pay off?

So...I take it this means any player who does the opposite and steadily reverts, ala Mbye, DEFINITELY will lead their team to a premiership?

I think this kind of hyperbole is more than a little unfair on the guy and remember, only the Sith deal in absolutes.

I don't think you quite understood my post...

So Bennett is still going hard after Taylor. Can we afford all 3 of him, Milford and Bird, and still have a gun team around them? We don't exactly have Don Politis bribing everyone.

We don't need Politis. We have access to tens of millions of third party deals, and that figure is growing faster than Milford's publicly-designated weight.

Bird is not on as much as is been said , milf apparently just shy of the mill mark . With a few guys leaving and cap increase , we could make him a reasonable offer.

I highly doubt taylor will leave the titans now. They'd have to do a James Roberts on him and still i think he may forgive and commit

Only the sith deal in absolutes was complete bullshit by obi-wan and the jedi. They were stricter on ideals than the sith. Way too harsh with their fundamentalist ideology.

Yarp. As his confidence grows he will only get better. Maybe a little more strength in defence and more decisiveness in attack. But his short kicking game is lovely and he has excellent pass selection and deception already. I'd be happy to keep him on. He's working hard and seems like the kind of kid who will aim to please Wayne.

Some of his short balls just before the line have been sublime....

If the right guy lands in your lap, you take him (pending salary cap of course)

But assuming that doesn't happen for 2018, KNik has done enough to warrant giving him a go

He has areas to work on, but being given the role for an extended period is how to go about improving

And if that's the way the Broncos are thinking, I can understand the strategy of Hunt in the 14

50/50 on this. I can see the argument Kodi in front Hunt because of development of a combination for 2017 and that has some merit. Then again Hunt has always been at his best playing in the halves for the full 80, not as an dummy half interchange where by and large in the past has dulled his effectiveness for us in attack, much more of an argument for Kodi on the bench in that respect.

Last edited:
Only the sith deal in absolutes was complete bullshit by obi-wan and the jedi. They were stricter on ideals than the sith. Way too harsh with their fundamentalist ideology.

Sure it only cost him his life, but the Sith can be forgiving and understanding when they want to be.

50/50 on this. I can see the argument Kodi in front Hunt because of development of a combination for 2017 and that has some merit. Then again Hunt has always been at his best playing in the halves for the full 80, not as an dummy half interchange where by and large in the past has dulled his effectiveness for us in attack, much more of an argument for Kodi on the bench in that respect.
If we weren't sitting in the top 4 it would be a consideration but we're premiership contenders.... this is NOT a development year.

Shifting Hunt to the bench to accommodate knik is craziness

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • theshed
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • FACTHUNT
  • Lazza
  • Footy Fanatic
  • mrslong
  • Skyblues87
  • Waynesaurus
  • Xzei
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.