Our new halfback should be

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
An in form Hunt is a better option at halfback than Kodi.

The only thing Kodi has over Hunt is that he can pass to the right better. But Kodi still struggles out there. He has trouble with his decision making on knowing when to pass and when to run. Despite Hunt's flaws, he is better at his decision making in regards to knowing when to run and when to pass. He has more big game experience than Kodi and when Hunt and Milford are in form, we've seen what they can do.

We have a genuine shot at the premiership this year. Hunt at halfback increases our chances.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
An in form Hunt is a better option at halfback than Kodi.

The only thing Kodi has over Hunt is that he can pass to the right better. But Kodi still struggles out there. He has trouble with his decision making on knowing when to pass and when to run. Despite Hunt's flaws, he is better at his decision making in regards to knowing when to run and when to pass. He has more big game experience than Kodi and when Hunt and Milford are in form, we've seen what they can do.

We have a genuine shot at the premiership this year. Hunt at halfback increases our chances.

Ben Hunt is a very talented player with a lot of good attributes but I wouldn't say "good decision maker" is one of them. He has also continuesly failed during matches so maybe his experience isn't such a good selling point.

I'm not trying to bad Hunt, or even argue against him playing in the 7. I just don't think it should be a foregone conclusion. There is a discussion to be had and that is a very good position to be in as a club.

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008
Hunt will get the nod and so he should, but we have a pretty good replacement if one of our halves go down between now and end of season.

T

Thelmus

NRL Player
Apr 19, 2016
Hunt will get the nod and so he should, but we have a pretty good replacement if one of our halves go down between now and end of season.
I'd play hunt any day over kodi, just on his defence, but give him his due, kodi has been pretty good for his time at half. Since there isn't going to be an ash Taylor next season, or anyone else under 28 for that matter, I'm happy for a season with kodi, or a Scarlett or Murphy if they put their hands up for it. Im really hoping kodi works on his his kicking (long kicks) in isc and makes it reliable trait, because no team can play finals football with a half that can't. Its too easy to simply jam in on a single kicker, macca can only do so much in that department from hooker.

Battler

Battler

State of Origin Rep
Dec 4, 2013
I know I've said this before, but Hunt isn't the worst bloke I've seen under pressure, but he's not exactly great most of the time. He looks absolutely brilliant when he's on, but unfortunately that usually occurs when there's little pressure on the side (think 2014). As we saw in the GF, Milford is the opposite, so we're fine there.

Niko, although obviously green, looks extremely composed regardless of the match situation. It's the mentality we've all been crying out for. We have Bird to play a hodges or ball playing lock type role as well next season, so we're well served for options.

JayPee

JayPee

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2017
Cody Walker wants a release from the rabbits over money. He is finally realised that he could get top dollars the way he is playing especially what inferior halves are getting. Might be a sneaky option for benny to swoop in. Think the rabbits dont use his kicking game to its full potential with reynolds there. Handy left foot.

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
I know I've said this before, but Hunt isn't the worst bloke I've seen under pressure, but he's not exactly great most of the time. He looks absolutely brilliant when he's on, but unfortunately that usually occurs when there's little pressure on the side (think 2014). As we saw in the GF, Milford is the opposite, so we're fine there.

Niko, although obviously green, looks extremely composed regardless of the match situation. It's the mentality we've all been crying out for. We have Bird to play a hodges or ball playing lock type role as well next season, so we're well served for options.

Out of the 3 Ben Hunt has been the one expected to carry the most burden at the Broncos and at times with a lot less to work with. After the 2013 season where the Broncos failed to make the finals and finished a dismal 12th(the worst by the clubs standards), a lot of pressure and expectations were placed on the side in 2014, Ben Hunt carried a disappointing under performing spine including Ben Barba who was considered a huge pickup for the club to help the side get back on track to the finals but proved to be a dismal pickup.

PerthBrissy987

PerthBrissy987

NRL Player
Dec 8, 2016
Cody Walker wants a release from the rabbits over money. He is finally realised that he could get top dollars the way he is playing especially what inferior halves are getting. Might be a sneaky option for benny to swoop in. Think the rabbits dont use his kicking game to its full potential with reynolds there. Handy left foot.

He might wanna have a run with the storm with jacks in the halves ? starting in 2018

Painin the Haas

Painin the Haas

NRL Player
Nov 10, 2013
Croft is the perfect 7 that we need but we won't get him. Slater, Cronk, Smith will go and they have munster, croft and funnily enough another Smith to take their place

I would actually rather croft over Taylor.

Nikorima has been good but I really believe if you give Milford a genuine 7 to work with he will go to the next level. We all want a croft or a Taylor but maybe murphy/Scarlett wil suit him, Nicholls would have

Waynesaurus

Waynesaurus

NRL Captain
Jun 3, 2013
I think that as soon as Hunt is healthy he should come straight back into the team, I also think KNik has earned his chance at the no. 7 for next year but he will just have to bide his time while Hunt is still here.

Unread

Active Now

• Justwin
  • Harry Sack
  • broncos4life
  • Manifesto
  • sooticus
  • Lozza
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.