Our new halfback should be

I don't know how you could watch the footage and think Milfs kicking is acceptable. Sure he's set up a few tries off the boot, but when you have a half that has had as much opportunities as Milf has had to set up tries off the boot. It should be a lot more. This is his 3rd year straight at 6 just remember.

he never said that Milf's kicking is acceptable ... just better than Nikorimas

Its not bad when you got gillet next to you to help out defensively. I think kodi still has work to do defensive wise and in general play kicks, but one thing he doesn't lack is heart. I'd play hunt over him any day of the week for those other deficiencies, but at least he can get better with practice. Norman has all the skills in a bigger body but lacks the courage and commitment that knik has in spades. He will be a very good footballer some day if only for that. Peter Wallace was a player like that. He tried hard but didn't fit without Lockyer, and the more he tried the worse he got. He found a home with Penrith at hooker and is going guns. The question is: what does knick see himself as position wise down the track, and how hard is he prepared to chase it? It might mean leaving the club.
If its halfback he wants, he is going in the right direction in his development, but don't expect miracles overnight. He has the commitment and work ethic to improve, but do the broncos have the patience or time?

Kind of funny how it has all worked out really.

The forums were almost suicidal following the losses of Granville, Parcell, Jnik and Atay within a 2yr span

With the majority at the time saying that knik was the worst of the lot and yet he was the only one kept by broncos hierarchy.

Still a lot to be determined but knik appears to be a better option than parcell and jnik at this stage.

I don't really rate Granville as much as others. High energy hookers are a dime a dozen nowadays and he doesn't offer a whole lot more than his running game.

I'd say Ash will come out well and truly on top when all is said and done, but could be interesting to see where kodi falls given all and sundry wrote him off.

FWIW I'm pretty excited to see kodi at half next year and would hate to see us blow the bank or look externally. I was initially thinking kodi would be a stopgap and next year would be a development year, but with the way kodi has played in Hunt's absence and more importantly the development of milf to carry the load has impressed me where I see our premiership chances only taking a slight hit heading into next year.

he never said that Milf's kicking is acceptable ... just better than Nikorimas
But he's one of our permanent halves. How can you not a expect him to have an acceptable kicking game. A team with halves that have a below parr kicking game, is like a door without hinges. You ain't going to shut out many games without them. Thankfully in our situation we have a team of players that never give up on each other and that brotherhood mentality is one of the main reasons we've managed to pull off a good string of wins.

Nikorima needs to learn his trade, as a halfback, and that means playing isc. I love what he brings off the bench, and am all for that, but let him have the time to learn what he needs for next year and come finals , by all means use him on the bench if that's what is needed . We have Marshall and others to fill in on the bench if necessary, in the mean time.

But he's one of our permanent halves. How can you not a expect him to have an acceptable kicking game. A team with halves that have a below parr kicking game, is like a door without hinges. You ain't going to shut out many games without them. Thankfully in our situation we have a team of players that never give up on each other and that brotherhood mentality is one of the main reasons we've managed to pull off a good string of wins.

Kodi has many good points ... but if you are going to expect him to improve our kicking game you have the wrong player.

Kodi has many good points ... but if you are going to expect him to improve our kicking game you have the wrong player.
No not at all, I mean with more game time I'm confident his kicking game will improve. But this conversation was started with me responding to OP's original post in saying Kodi is a good enough half to be in the starting side next year to cover Hunts departure,and that we didn't need to shop around for halves just yet. I then went on to point out Kodis pros to which I said something like Kodi has a better kicking game than Milf "IMO" which has lead us here. I merely stated that "in my opinion" "I" thought his kicking game was better than Milfs. I ever once said he'd improve our overall kicking game..... Or did I? I can't remember. But if I did my bad.

No not at all, I mean with more game time I'm confident his kicking game will improve. But this conversation was started with me responding to OP's original post in saying Kodi is a good enough half to be in the starting side next year to cover Hunts departure,and that we didn't need to shop around for halves just yet. I then went on to point out Kodis pros to which I said something like Kodi has a better kicking game than Milf "IMO" which has lead us here. I merely stated that "in my opinion" "I" thought his kicking game was better than Milfs. I ever once said he'd improve our overall kicking game..... Or did I? I can't remember. But if I did my bad.

The fact is though his kicking game is pretty much non-existent, let alone better than Milford's.

I agree , they must remember Kodi is an international player , I'm a fan no doubt
Daniel Vidot is a international player, so is Luke Page. If you are trying to sell Knik on here, maybe take it easy on the fact that he has played for NZ because that is no big deal. Kodi has done alright but I don't envision him as a long term Bronco #7 IMO.

We don't really have a significant enough sample size to make a conclusion either way on kodi's kicking game.

We can only really say that kodi's kicking game is underused at this stage.

Shrodinger's kicking game if you will

The fact is though his kicking game is pretty much non-existent

I wouldn't say that. He hasn't shown ANYTHING in terms of long kicking but his short-kicking shows a lot of promise without being spectacular so far. Just give him a chance, if he sucks next year, so be it, we have Bird and probably Benji still around but if he kills it, we have a half who wants to be here already here (I'm talking about the Broncos, not Melbourne where I live, this place unfortunately has Croft).

We don't really have a significant enough sample size to make a conclusion either way on kodi's kicking game.

We can only really say that kodi's kicking game is underused at this stage.

Shrodinger's kicking game if you will

Schrodinger's Kodi.

Daniel Vidot is a international player, so is Luke Page. If you are trying to sell Knik on here, maybe take it easy on the fact that he has played for NZ because that is no big deal. Kodi has done alright but I don't envision him as a long term Bronco #7 IMO.

"I don't envision him as a long term bronco 7 " sounds to me that your not willing to give him a chance , why ?

Or is his name Cody?

Any chance Joseph? Obviously rumblings in the media recently that he may seek a release. I could see him being a pretty decent Half to compliment Milford, he's basically a bigger version of Nikorima with a better kicking game, imo.

Any chance Joseph? Obviously rumblings in the media recently that he may seek a release. I could see him being a pretty decent Half to compliment Milford, he's basically a bigger version of Nikorima with a better kicking game, imo.

You would think that souths would come up with the $ for him considering He, Inglis , Reynolds and S. Burgess are the only Big names at Souths and i saw somewhere that his wife and her family are from sydney. If anywhere youd think the storm will be after him

I think if Nikorima is going to be our half next year, he should stay as our half this year. In his games so far he has played as well, if not better than Hunt (since hunt has been injured our points per game is through the roof and Gillett and Roberts have been on fire). Bring Hunt back via the bench and let Nikorima continue to develop. If Nikorima isn't going to be our half, and we are going to secure someone like Croft, or Cody Walker or something like that, then sure, let Hunt have the spot back. But If Nikorima is going to be the half, we may as well continue to develop him instead of persisting with Hunt who was pretty awful last year, and is leaving us anyway.

Active Now

• Fozz
  • broncsgoat
  • Dash
  • BroncsNBundy
  • RolledOates
  • Culhwch
  • thenry
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.